Why I loathe Politicians :(

Man of Honour
Cannabis is way more dangerous than people like to make out especially with all the super strong strains available. Your looking at memory loss, depression, loss of motor controls, psychosis and lots more.

Same with stronger spirits at more extreme consumption, etc. some of which are regulated in many places. But many people recreational use Cannabis at more moderate levels.

Caporegime
Not really true - many people drink moderate amounts of alcohol with little to no negative effect while stuff like crystal meths there isn't really a moderate amount.

This is simply incorrect, methamphetamine and dextroamphetamine are prescription drugs widely used for adhd. Many people use them in moderate amounts, and even in high amounts they are far less harmful than alcohol.

Soldato
Same with stronger spirits at more extreme consumption, etc. some of which are regulated in many places. But many people recreational use Cannabis at more moderate levels.

It's manageable but still more powerful than a lot of non smokers say. But it doesn't lead to so much aggressive behaviour. Overall you shouldn't need either weed or alcohol.

Man of Honour
This is simply incorrect, methamphetamine and dextroamphetamine are prescription drugs widely used for adhd. Many people use them in moderate amounts, and even in high amounts they are far less harmful than alcohol.

Usually modified forms in combination with stuff like Oxytocin to protect from the bad sides (not sure exactly off the top of my head) a far cry from the picture you are trying to present.

Soldato
No doubt someone was about to blab about seeing Gove take cocaine so it was easier to go to the Mail himself.

Precisely, although the majority of this forum may not see it as an issue, the aged conservative membership who will be voting for their next right wing mascot will see it as an issue.
There is considerably less centre ground in the conservative party membership than this forum.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
How old are you?

Also, I can certainly see situations where somebody in their 30's might just try something, should the opportunity arise, that they didnt have an opportunity to experience in an earlier life.

This, is not, in itself, a legitimate criticism.

Hell, 15 years ago or so I went to a lap dance club (Part of somebody elses stag night)

It was an interesting experience but not one I have any interest in repeating.

Dont really see the attraction really.

I have also smoked tobacco in various froms too.

Don't see the attraction for that either

I may not like the guy myself as a potential PM is neither here nor there. The fact hat he snorted a bit of coke 20 years ago is utterly irrelevent.

I agree that it's irrelevant and it's just them trying to look like they are like everyone else but personally I think at 30 you should have more sense, particularly if you're looking to be a politician.

Associate
Just DON'T get me started on politicians! I already hated them before they made Britain the laughing stock of the world because of their suspicious reluctance to pull Britain out of the EU (which they won't anyway).

Soldato
like with my employer ... should random drug tests be performed on MP's, ... or maybe polygraphs.

PS: Boris, Gove etc. we haven't forgotten the expenses scam.

Soldato
Cannabis is way more dangerous than people like to make out especially with all the super strong strains available. Your looking at memory loss, depression, loss of motor controls, psychosis and lots more.

Anything in excess is dangerous. The problem is human beings....

I don't care who takes what (Actually I sort of do, opiates are a big no no....)and think the war on drugs has been nothing but a massive failure. I know of people who use MDMA a few times a year, are they complete degenerates? No.

But people can never control themselves it seems when it comes to anything. Just look at food.

Caporegime
Usually modified forms in combination with stuff like Oxytocin to protect from the bad sides (not sure exactly off the top of my head) a far cry from the picture you are trying to present.

No, methamphetamine is prescribed as the pure compound, definitely not in combination with opioids. That would make no medical sense.

Man of Honour
No, methamphetamine is prescribed as the pure compound, definitely not in combination with opioids. That would make no medical sense.

I was generalising not just talking about meths but medical use of those kind of drugs but fair enough in the case of methamphetamine - though it is largely disputed that it is safe medically in any quantity by the looks of the wiki on it.

Soldato
OP
I agree that it's irrelevant and it's just them trying to look like they are like everyone else but personally I think at 30 you should have more sense, particularly if you're looking to be a politician.

Some people grow up terribly young! Its rather sad actually, I am touching 60 and am still quite capable of doing something daft and/or outrageous should the opportunity arise. :p

(Mind, I do have a degree of caution. I might well try snorting a bit of Coke (Something I have never done thus far) in a controlled environment with people I know and trust. I would never in a million years stuff some anonymous powder of unknown provenance obtained from a guy in a hood on a street corner up my nose or anywhere else for that matter!)

Whose opinion would you respect the more.

#1 "I have taken drugs in the past and on the basis of my personal experience, I maintain that they should remain prohibited"

#2 "I have never taken drugs because drugs are bad, and if i did i didn't inhale"

And another question.

Should Ted Heath (Not somebody I am any great fan of mind. Its his fault we are in the mess we are in now after all) have been prevented from becoming PM (and indeed chucked out of parliament altogether along with all the other poofs) on the grounds that prior to the sexual offenses act 1964, they would all have been sex criminals who had also broken the law??

Soldato
It happened 20 years ago, why is this being spoken about? I bet most people have done something they regret or hate has happened, it shouldn't be held against them for the rest of their lives, I know he is a politician and I hate them all but the past is the past.

Because politican grandstanding is used by media and opposition knowing the person hasn't done anything really wrong to paint them as illigitamate as a direct campaign to ensure he wont be PM, the same was done towards Boris Johnson with the 350m NHS bus campaign. He was never going to be found guilty, hence why no judge would sign off on the case until a junior with an agenda got a hold of it.. the timing was perfect to try and de-legitimize him.. It seems to be very obvious that anyone who may take us towards a hard-exit is up in the shooting gallery atm, anything that can be found will be until the PM is announced.

Capodecina
Soldato
Because politican grandstanding is used by media and opposition knowing the person hasn't done anything really wrong to paint them as illigitamate as a direct campaign to ensure he wont be PM, the same was done towards Boris Johnson with the 350m NHS bus campaign. . . .
Actually, the suggestion here is that the "story" about Govey was "given" to the right-wing Meeja by Bonker Boris' supporters.

. . . also . . .

The lie about £350million per week to the NHS was a blatant lie peddled by Bonker Boris.

Whether one should expect Politicians to lie through their teeth over anything that will help gain them power is another matter altogether . . .

Associate

Cannabis use has gone through the roof lately across the world and correct me if I'm wrong but those issues haven't seen a parallel rise?

Soldato
Cannabis use has gone through the roof lately across the world and correct me if I'm wrong but those issues haven't seen a parallel rise?

Well you could have a point but need to wait for longer term results, smoking dope over say 20 years is going to leave anyone with some serious psychological and physical issues but it's a longer slower process.

Associate
Well you could have a point but need to wait for longer term results, smoking dope over say 20 years is going to leave anyone with some serious psychological and physical issues but it's a longer slower process.

I'm keen to see the (unbiased) analysis on the part I highlighted.

Also noted you have moved the "Cannabis" reference to "Dope" which can also cover heroin, now we are talking about something completely different here!!

Back
Top Bottom