• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Caporegime
You're trying to imply there will be a negligible difference between a 6C 4.8GHz all core clock CPU (I assume? no information provided) and a 8C 4.7GHz all core clock one.

Again, what's the reasoning behind AMD using a RTX 2080? It only benefits them to do so and it's disappointing.

You're making assumptions that the 176 FPS is the best the CPU can do and yet by your own Guru3D link proves 176 FPS is the most the 2080 can do, by the same token of you stating that with a 2080TI the 9900K would gain more FPS the 3900X could very well do the same given that its the GPU not the CPU that's the bottleneck.

Soldato
It depends on what you are running?? AMD said a 15% IPC increase,so that plus any clockspeed increase?

The problem is what if Intel pushes for tests without the mitigations?? This way AMD makes sure it is ahead of the curve.

Games, Cities Skylines, want something for 2-4 years that's good going. And that will work with the B350 mobo I have with 3200MHZ ram.

Associate
Fair enough, but personally I don't think that they would have anything to hide in that title, I would have been more suspicious about CS:GO tbh, as Intel are pushing that far harder than AMD.

I wouldn't worry either really, since we know that the CPU bottle neck will not exist for most people until around 2023 when an RTX 5060 Ti launches with speeds the same as the 2080 Ti. :D

Counter Strike is part of Microsoft's patented 'Real World Gaming' lineup isn't it? I think it's benefiting massively from that L3 cache.

CPUs are only really bottlenecking when people insist on getting a 2080TI to play 'Esports' titles on a 240Mhz panel and it's a ridiculous niche that's becoming more popular. People don't even know what they're doing:

NzzxpwK.png

The quicker Sony and Microsoft release their next gen consoles the better, a push to greatly improved fidelity at higher resolutions in the mainstream will be welcome. Hopefully AMD will be more competitive by then in the GPU space.

Caporegime
This is the CPU room, Navi debates belong elsewhere ^^^^^

It depends on what you are running?? AMD said a 15% IPC increase,so that plus any clockspeed increase?

The problem is what if Intel pushes for tests without the mitigations?? This way AMD makes sure it is ahead of the curve.

If AMD really, as they say did not run the Intel security mitigations or the Ryzen performance enhancing Windows patch then AMD are showing you similar to Coffeelake gaming performance and sandbagging at that.

I can't wait for Steve at HUB to do the real reviews.

Associate
Yeah i dont think we have seen the best these things can do, new scheduler... maybe but overclocking and of course XFR/PBO is still up in the air.
Intels being cuffed right now with almost one AMD hand behind there back, what will it be like when the full force of these chips come out.

Associate
So for clarity: Rome large IO die = GF 14nm Matisse small IO die = GF 12nm X570 Chipset = Matisse IO die on GF 14nm That's right. The X570 chipset is the same floorplan as the Matisse IO die, but with diff chicken bits enabled/disabled. AMD has good reuse of chips
They can reuse IF, PCIE 4.0, USB and storage logic, but surely other features, whole DDR4 and cpu power plane and what else south bridge is doing should be massive...

If intel pushes for testing without mitigations then AMD should shame them publicly and so should the reviewers.
But we all know £££s $$$s talk dont we?
Well, in the first wave no conspiracy theories are necessary. Review sites have their own testing system spec, and to change anything in it requires retesting all of comparison systems. So it happens with a delay. Plus, for security patches one might argue that True Gamers will disable them anyway to get max performance.

Although the scheduler patch might be a reason enough to make a change in Windows version.

Permabanned
TravisK_DonW-Next_Horizon_Gaming-Ryzen_Deep_Dive_06092019-page-017.jpg

@humbug going by this looks like I/O die only did 4ns difference. I'm so interested how 3600cl14 will look as thats max I'w got fully stable on my mem kit and cpu. I think around 64ns should be possible :)

Soldato
@Plec

Mobos are about 15% more expensive then their z390 counterparts. PCIe Gen 4.0 is more expensive - main reason and not so much the VRM increase (bulk by they are like $0.5-2.0 each )
I can live with that when coupled with the 3700X potential - all i need (thinking of revisiting water but will probably give the Rock Pro 4 a run at it first - but don't tell tamzzy :D)

If i get time tonight you may very well have mail, bud, thanks. :)

Caporegime
TravisK_DonW-Next_Horizon_Gaming-Ryzen_Deep_Dive_06092019-page-017.jpg

@humbug going by this looks like I/O die only did 4ns difference. I'm so interested how 3600cl14 will look as thats max I'w got fully stable on my mem kit and cpu. I think around 64ns should be possible :)

Nice, i'll be interested to see if i can get more out of my crappy RAM with a 3600, i seem to have hit the IMC hard limit on my 1600.

hoping for 3400Mhz CL18

GAC

GAC

Soldato
3066 16-17-17

hoping similar jumps as i can get stable around 3000 14-14-17 on my 1700, just gotta see how things shake out will get a new cpu first and then probably a x470 board and use my 1700 as a 2nd pc for big screen gaming on the tv down stairs.

Soldato
Games, Cities Skylines, want something for 2-4 years that's good going. And that will work with the B350 mobo I have with 3200MHZ ram.

What do you have now? With a B350 I would stick with one of the 65W TDP CPUs like the Ryzen 5 3600,as it looks the price/performance sweet-spot currently.

This is the CPU room, Navi debates belong elsewhere ^^^^^

If AMD really, as they say did not run the Intel security mitigations or the Ryzen performance enhancing Windows patch then AMD are showing you similar to Coffeelake gaming performance and sandbagging at that.

I can't wait for Steve at HUB to do the real reviews.

This was the point, AMD showed their CPU's in the worst case scenario, they even showed them losing in games, however intels chips were in more favourable conditions, so AMD basically said "heres our new chips without extra stuff to make them faster, against the competitions best chips without the stuff that hinders their performance, heres some slides showing whats what, form your own opinions"

Now we all know most people with a 9900k are not applying those Intel security patches if all they do is game, everyone on Windows10 will eventually get those scheduler updates, they will boost those AMD scores between 6 and 16% im told.

Do we know what ram was being used? we have no info on PBO and XFR and if the chips can manually OC etc.. there is potentially nothing left on the table for those chips except the Win10 update to boost performance, but on the other hand there could potentially be a ton of OC headroom left untapped, we just dont know.

But we do know the new AMD stuff competes and more often than not beats Intels best in games without some additional enhancements that are easy to do :)

Reviews are going to be really fascinating to read through!

They can reuse IF, PCIE 4.0, USB and storage logic, but surely other features, whole DDR4 and cpu power plane and what else south bridge is doing should be massive...

It could explain the large size of the Rome IO chip.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom