• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Associate
They know Nvidia is upto something but continue unperturbed. It shows how crap the GPU market,is when the only hope is for Intel to come and do something about it. I feel they will see what is happening and just join the pricing circlejerk now.

I guess it will take a lot for to make anybody move away from AMD/Nvidia, pricing may be the only way.

Soldato
By offering a compelling or better product like they did with there CPU's. at the Moment people like myself (and a F tone 1080tis where sold) are 99.9% sure are going Nvidia. When the IMC on my 5820k died I went a 2700x as it was a much more compelling product for the price and upgrade path over a 9900K. When I wanted to drop to a single GPU from 980ti sli as mutli gpu was dead, was there a AMD product? no, Do I have any upgrade path to a AMD GPU at the same £650-800 price I paid for a 1080ti ? no. If 6 month ago I need/wanted a upgrade and had £450 quid to spend nvidia was the only option.

The longer AMD ignores the high end the more its going to bite them in the ass. Having a full product stack with a competing halo product is needed. I would agree that aiming for the "mid range" is a smarter move if they are strapped for resrouces with the semi custom product, but leaving the market open to nvidia for 9-12 months to the nvidia is not going to help them.

Let alone leaving the high end to nvidia for 2-3 years alone and then they will have Intel to deal with in the GPU space next year as well.

AMD dont choose to ignore the high end. Lisa Sue doesn't wake up in the morning and think "screw the high end, I'm doing to focus on beating the 2060". The reality is that it would cost £billions and £billions in R&D to beat the 2080 Ti and that's what people dont realise. If if AMD could, they would!!!

Soldato
I even checkd not even 4 years ago... with AIO after bios flash it was running at 1450mhz core CONSTANT with no drops if i remember it was on pair with 1070. so would be around 2060 performance.
And thats why I see NAvi at 450 as massive fail

But Nvidia are also charging silly money. So why are AMD always frowned upon as the bad guys?

Nvidia have the monopoly so they dictate the pricing. AMD can only follow.

Caporegime
But Nvidia are also charging silly money. So why are AMD always frowned upon as the bad guys?

They're not though. Sales for turing aren't great and there's massive contention about the prices enthusiast side.
AMD doing the same but later is of course going to also raise contention.

People calling the 5700XT decent etc are validating Nvidias original poor pricing.

Soldato
So you were in the market for a 2070 but thought you'd wait to see if NAVI would force Nvidia to drop the price first!

I'll say what you really meant :D

5700XT is faster than 2070 but you still going to buy 2070, says it all.

2070 is cheaper and you can see what ray tracing is about and that’s before official benchmarks are out, and no I was not always going to buy a 2070 as it was overpriced, but Navi now makes it seem worth it.
I might even get a vega 64, so your assumptions are way out :p

Caporegime
Is anyone actually planning on buying one now?

God no.
I was hoping to make the change from my V64 at the rumoured 300 pound. It'd have cost me 100 pound and I'd have been happy with that.
At 350 I would have probably reluctantly done it.

I hoped they were going to make a big deal of Crossfire, I was willing to buy two at 300.

Right now? My only hope is a £500 Radeon VII fire sale to clear stock. That's my only option, or a 2080. 500's my limit.

Permabanned
God no.
I was hoping to make the change from my V64 at the rumoured 300 pound. It'd have cost me 100 pound and I'd have been happy with that.
At 350 I would have probably reluctantly done it.

I hoped they were going to make a big deal of Crossfire, I was willing to buy two at 300.

Right now? My only hope is a £500 Radeon VII fire sale to clear stock. That's my only option, or a 2080. 500's my limit.
Just get swcond hand 1080ti lol they r starting from like 350 quid on eeebbbayyy.

HeX

HeX

Soldato

Nvidia have the monopoly so they dictate the pricing. AMD can only follow.

That's the issue. People were hoping AMD would bring some sense back to GPU pricing much like Ryzen gave Intel a shakeup. We wanted 2070 performance for ~£350, essentially a V64 with lower power draw/heat with modern bells and whistles. Instead they've given us comparable/slightly better performance than a 2070 for the same money that is worse price/performance than their current Vega deals and the 2060's already available. So we're all still stuck with high GPU prices and this is the new norm. Enjoy. :(

Back
Top Bottom