The Crew 2

Soldato
Finished the story mission the other day ... only planes and boat stuff left to do but if people wanna find things for challenged then im up for it . Snaggle68 on uplay

Soldato
OP
I'll list the pros of TC2 over TC1.

1. Boats and Planes can be changed into any time you want (can switch from Plane to Car midair if you wish for funny outcome)
2. Graphically a lot better.
3. Sounds are fantastic IMO.
4.The challenges are still there, just different. (Slalom, Escape, Speedtrap etc.)

Man of Honour
Played a few hours of this over the weekend, I thought it was "OK" but not up to the same standard as the Forza Horizon series. The boats/planes help to mix it up a bit, but I did find the boat racing pretty dull in general, you don't really get much sense of speed as the 'tracks' are so wide, basically it is just holding down accelerate the whole time and trying to take the shortest route between two points whilst avoiding the wake of any boats in front.

Graphically it looks good and performs fine, however it has a really annoying 60fps cap, I can't believe developers are still pulling that stunt.

Physics don't feel quite on the money, difficult to put my finger on it but some stuff just doesn't feel right.... cornering is hit and miss in the sense that sometimes you can pull off 90 degree corners with ease and other times you either grind to a halt or carry straight on into a wall. Landing after jumps also seems to slow the AI less than it does your vehicle, especially in water I frequently found myself getting overtaken after a jump.

Soldato
Banging my head against a wall here tried everything bar re-downloading the game. It's just sitting on Uplay loading screen, re-installed drivers and also made sure Windows is up to date, what's going on?

Soldato
Anyone still playing this? Fired it up the other day and it seems they've improved the graphics or shadows perhaps? Looks a lot better than a good few months ago, seems to lag a little or have micro stutter on my AMD/1080Ti system. It still feels a bit empty of a game, most appealing just for random joy riding but that's about it.

Man of Honour
Played a little bit of this again on the free weekend. I've played a lot more of FH3/4 since 3 years ago and it is pretty poor by comparison. In particular the handling is still dodgy,
They've tried to jazz it up a bit with new modes / challenges, e.g. this "contractor" mode that basically seems like a bit of a rip off of the story missions on FH4.
A few new races set in specific US cities, nice setting and vehicles like taking a Delorean through Miami etc.

They need to have a proper sale and get this down to under a fiver, might be tempted then.

Soldato
Its a good game and they are still adding stuff. I have a lot more hours in this than any Forza game. The map is the biggest I have played in any game so its good to just drive around. Also the netcode works unlike FH5 and it does not have horible catchup.

Soldato
The car handling in this game is horrendous though, like I know it's not a sim, neither is Forza Horizon, but cornering at 180mph just seems bizarre. They need to make the map a bit more livelier too.

Back
Top Bottom