The Crew 2

Soldato
Anyone else playing?

I didn't even get a code, although I signed up and managed to get in.

It's a breath of fresh air I feel, and the new LOOT system is pretty nice, no more "rolls" for rewards after each each activity, they just drop on the ground and you can upgrade on the fly.

Associate
Just registered, can't believe I forgot to register early in the year..... I meant to and then forgot.

Fingers crossed I do get a spot as been waiting for this for sometime but think my chances are low this late on haha.

Do let us know what it's like though as the transitions from one type of race to another do look awesome.

Associate
I got an invite but I couldn't even play the previous beta phase, there was some weird incompatibility with a lot of testers CPU's or something.

Soldato
OP
To above, it's pretty much the same map, but better just better visually, and there's jumps in the road.. Yep. Literally "ground jumps" even the AI jump them lol.

Just bought a KTM 450 and having a blast.

Note:

You can change the performance on the FLY. Hit the pause button, then "performance" on the vehicle you wanna upgrade
Visual customisation is only done at your home icon in orange.
Whole map is open to enjoy.

Stang at the beach! https://i.imgur.com/2dbNQRe.jpg

Soldato
OP
How do I sent invites? I didn't recieve a code. I just clicked the beta then preload.

Any questions I'll try to answer, or I can do a video on my bike, car or boat if you want? The KTM sounds meaty as.

https://i.imgur.com/qWS0zTO.jpg My boat and the new LOOT reward system.

Some Epic parts and Blue parts give bonuses, like quicker recharging Boost etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
First, the bad:

Sine wave radio missing - huge problem for me tbh, loved it in the first game

Interface is a mess (just figuring out how to quit the game took me a while, it is nowhere you would expect it)

“Social media yo” style is trash

Physics still way too arcadey

No mirrors. Again. And again.

Boats and planes are boring as expected

GPS is a mess (just a straight line, WTF?)

No story (i prefer to have it even if not great, solution would be to improve it, not excise it)

US again, meh

the good:

Nicer graphics (lightning and LoD are improved a lot), clean IQ

Perfect 60fps, no drops, overall tech proficiency is great

Instant loadings

It is still kinda fun

To be honest it feels way too similar to Crew 1…and since I already played it for 150+ hours and the map seems pretty much the same, just nicer, I am kind of disincentivized to buy this one. Hopefully Forza Horizon 4 will offer new map…

Soldato
So not as good as 1 so far and rehashed? I remember you were a big fan of the first one and I also thought it was an underrated game for what it tried to do.

And don't tell me they've pulled some social media b******s style... Are they trying to imitate what's left of NFS?:/

Associate
If there are any spare codes or someone could send out an invite that would be awesome, seems my late signup didn't get me anywhere :(

Back
Top Bottom