PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Associate
What do you mean by "Wolfenstein 2 is now off the pass offer"?
Yeah, they seem to shuffle the pass offer around. If you see one on it then you need to grab it and install it. That keeps it bound to you then.

Edit. Just checked again and it seems it matters where you choose the game from. The menu I was using says underneath the titles which ones are on the Pass offer, W-2 not showing. But if you choose it then it allows download. Same with Hellblade.

Last edited:
Associate
Wolfenstein 2 hasn't been removed though. Unless it disappeared for a day then came back on??
No, I meant the Pass offer looked like it had disappeared. Should have been clearer, sorry.
The whole Microsoft/Xbox/store UI is a bit of a mess to be honest. It could do with a bit of a trim and simplification.

Soldato
No, I meant the Pass offer looked like it had disappeared. Should have been clearer, sorry.
The whole Microsoft/Xbox/store UI is a bit of a mess to be honest. It could do with a bit of a trim and simplification.

I was thinking this, it just all needs to be combined into one APP, the whole Store, Xbox companion and Xbox Beta App is too much, and I simply can't believe the game bar is missing the ability to see how your in-game achievements in going or bring up your xbox profile, its all a tad messy isn't it?

I am enjoying the games on gamepass it all works, but I also said same as you, too many apps, they need to just make one app, and thats all you need. you have to keep remembering which app to use, and the xbox beta app - you can tell thats work in progress, as games are missing, it doesn't link to your xbox profile correctly, instead you still need to use the store, and the xbox companion app.

And then, if you have a xbox one controller, to control this - firmware etc, you need the xbox controller app as well.

Soldato
I dont mind them, depending on the cost, the 3.99 I pay for Origin for example has enabled me to play many games that I simply would never have bought/played otherwise (like Into the Breach, FTL, Titanfall 2, Star Wars Battlefront 2 etc, all games that I'd never have bought normally). The MS gamepass is much the same for me, for 3.99, their have already been some games that I've played which I would never have considering buying normally, stuff like Forza 4 and Gears of War 4, plus when The Outer Worlds and Borderlands 3 come out they will both be on the gamepass, so 3.99 to play those both works out nicer on my wallet than £80+ for those 2 games

Yeah, I think that's what I like about it, trying games I wouldn't have really bought. Started playing Vampyr last night and I'm enjoying it, but probably wouldn't have done so otherwise as it has mixed reviews.
I also played super hot at the weekend which I've been meaning to buy for ages, and although I'm sure I'm in the minority I didn't think that much of it, but as I didn't pay for it no loss.

Soldato
Yeah, I think that's what I like about it, trying games I wouldn't have really bought. Started playing Vampyr last night and I'm enjoying it, but probably wouldn't have done so otherwise as it has mixed reviews.

Same here, having put in over 8 hours at the weekend on Vampyr, i'd have been quite happy buying it full price on release.

Also addicted as hell to Superhot, such a simple premise but excellently executed.

Soldato
Superhot is addictive, great idea IMO

I've also been addicted to Forza Horizon 4, in any case, all the games, i've fired up have all linked to my xbox profile, and its certainly helped me boost the old gamer score, something I haven't had as I dont own an xbox anymore, my live account has been hardly used since the 360 days really. Either way, for the £1 I (didn't pay as I used MS reward points) its been a great offer.

Associate
i wasnt having any problems with through the store just the youve got lost error in the app but now all my downloads are just pending on the store app, this is so frustraiting.

Qel

Qel

Associate
So I paid the £1 for the PC pass and on my MS account it shows the Ultimate Game pass as active and that the PC Pass was converted to this. But when I open the Xbox App it just asks me to join the PC Game Pass and pay £3.99 anyone else had this?

Soldato
Hi

I have just upgraded to MS Ultimate sub, I don't really play games on pc anymore but have played a bit of Football Manager in the past, I believe this subscription covers gamepass on both console and pc, and noticed FM2019 is on gamepass for pc.

What services do I need to play this, I have a laptop with windows10 but may need a few updates. When I purchased FM in the past I played it via steam, so would it be via a gamepass app I need to install on my laptop?

Also does anyone know if FM2019 is the full version or touch?

Thanks

Soldato
so ive upgraded windows to 1903, installed the app, bought the pass, downloaded 50 odd gig for metro
fired up the game, it loads the intro then i get fails to log into the account message! :mad: FML

Soldato
was going to say, update the other apps, it needs xbox gaming services , why MS can't just wrap all this into one app, beyond me, instead we have -

xbox app beta
xbox companion app
xbox gaming bar
gaming services

and then the store itself

It needs to be just one app, done, but no not MS. this is my biggest gripe with the gaming pass, its good, but the apps are too many.

Not only that, you also need the xbox game controller app to manage your xbox one controller, crazy.

Associate
so ive upgraded windows to 1903, installed the app, bought the pass, downloaded 50 odd gig for metro
fired up the game, it loads the intro then i get fails to log into the account message! :mad: FML
had the same problem i found by disabling any overlays like afterburner and gforce experience solved my problem and dont turn on hdr if you using a htpc as it also crashes the game very temperamental game :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom