Another Example of Idiocy

Soldato
If we weren't in the current climate where protestors believe people are fair targets to do whatever they wish to you probably wouldn't have got that response. We are in an environment where nut jobs (on both sides) think politicians and other people in the spotlight are fair game for whatever idiocy they come up with. They aren't. The irony of it all is when something happens back they through up their hands and cry foul.

If we were ten years ago I would be condemning the guy absolutely but this day and age I don't blame him for reacting in the heat of the moment. He then apologised in the cold light of day and that should be the end of it.

Protestors need to realise protesting doesn't give them carte blanche to act like complete *** clowns with no consequences. Respect should come from both sides of the debate and both sides should deal with it in an adult manner and if one side drags it into the gutter don't be particularly shocked if you get an equally gutter like response.

Caporegime
Other people were dealing with it. Trained security people.

so does that mean nobody else can deal with it?

so if you saw someone being attacked you would say i'm not going to help because the police will be here in 3 hours so i'm not going to help. they are trained to do so. or someone dying in the street? don't worry an ambulance will be here in 2 hours.

Transmission breaker
Don
excuse me, he is a minister of state and thus projecting to the world that we in the UK treat woman like that and then complain about the attitude prevalent in certain other cultures.

What... we treat them equally?! Male or Female, crash a high profile private event, you get removed with no injuries and not even prosecuted. Can you imagine how she would have been treated in the US?

I am now 100% sure there would be no outcry had this been a man on the receiving end.

Soldato
so does that mean nobody else can deal with it?

Nope, but it would be better if they knew what they were doing. As this person clearly didn't.

so if you saw someone being attacked you would say i'm not going to help because the police will be here in 3 hours so i'm not going to help. they are trained to do so. or someone dying in the street? don't worry an ambulance will be here in 2 hours.

Irrelevant nonsense. This was a woman in a dress and a sash at a formal dinner. Feel free to start a separate thread though if you feel strongly about it.

Soldato
It was not a peaceful protest. Yes if they were standing outside the property with placards and making their feelings plainly known it would be. however once you enter a private space or a prebooked public space of a private function without invitation, and an intention to disrupt proceedings, you are exceeding the rights of peaceful protest and if you are ejected it is not a restriction on your freedoms. I trust that the CPS will take one look at this and no charges will be brought.

Man of Honour
Err he smashed her face into a concrete column.

I suggest that you check out “Specsavers”, he did NO SUCH THING!

Where did he grab her by the throat?

In the guy you were quoting’s imagination, although he did hold the scruff of her neck.

I thought he could apologise after I read about it but seeing the video he is quite rough.

I’d say that he was firm, possibly too firm, but not rough.

this

poor decision making isnt it

you just stand up and politely say you cant go this way and he comes out of smelling of roses, makes you look calm, polite firm and decisive

bash her against a pillar then grab her by the back of the neck and march her out of the room....make you look like a drunk bully

Bash her against a pillar? He grabbed her arm, she instinctively flinched away from him, and fell against the pillar, at least, that’s how it appeared to me.

Caporegime
Nope, but it would be better if they knew what they were doing. As this person clearly didn't.

Irrelevant nonsense. This was a woman in a dress and a sash at a formal dinner. Feel free to start a separate thread though if you feel strongly about it.

how did he not know what he was doing. i never seen anything wrong with what he did.

i don't know if you have ever seen a trained professional working in a nightclub. i've seen them superman spear people on the dancefloor and then throw them down stairs, etc. use their heads as battering rams through doors.

he did nothing wrong. yes he grabbed her and moved her forcefully. that is reasonable force to eject someone.

Soldato
Man if people think what he did was "quite rough" you should've seen what a bouncer did to me when I was younger for being stood in the wrong place with a drink in my hand

Caporegime
Man if people think what he did was "quite rough" you should've seen what a bouncer did to me when I was younger for being stood in the wrong place with a drink in my hand

exactly a lot of pansies in here. i've seen bouncers literally fly through the air to tackle people to the ground, etc.

Soldato

I agree, so tame that anyone other than politician and no one would care. She was treated how she deserved to be treated bursting into a private function.

Associate
I haven't had a look at the longer version of the video, but the short one only so far. But from what I can see:

1. The male attempted to grab the womans (protestors) arm to halt her progress. Instead knocks her shoulder.
2. Protestor attempts to evade grab. And continues onward despite her shoulder being knocked back.
3. Male sees evasion attempt and protestors conviction to keep going forward and needs to physically block access, but is still in a seated position so unable to do anything more than push his arm out further.
4. Pushes his arm out against her arm to which he has a hold of. This causes the protestor to attempt to evade further but causes her to crash into the pillar.
5. Protestor continues to squirm and attempts to break free. Man gets up from chair to get into a better position to control squirming protestor.
6. Man gets control of protestors arm and had managed to get her facing the exit.
7. Protestor is resisting heavily, forcing the male to need to grab the protestor by her neck to prevent the protestor from being easily able to turn around.
8. Protestor continues to resist all the way out.

So in this instance, I would say the male here did the right thing and was nowhere near heavy handed in the slightest fashion. Nothing wrong was done. Whether the protestor was male or female has zero bearing on how the male could have attempted to prevent further access into the room given the circumstances it was all in:

A. Initial Seated Position.
B. Protestor heavily resisted prevention; which began with a grab of the arm, to holding the back of the neck/shoulders.

:: edit ::

C. Also, Protestor was female, and wearing not a lot. So there wasn't many options that a male could attempt to direct a female without looking bad in a sexual molestation sense.

:: further edit ::

D. Protestor had a small hand bag with her (Left Arm). Large enough to potentially contain an offensive weapon of some sort.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I think you're quite right she was just about to take out the whole room with her ninja skills obviously a clear and present danger.
I totally agree we should judge society's standards and man's standing in the world on some bouncers behaviour from somewhere maybe,

Permabanned
I haven't had a look at the longer version of the video, but the short one only so far. But from what I can see:

1. The male attempted to grab the womans (protestors) arm to halt her progress. Instead knocks her shoulder.
2. Protestor attempts to evade grab. And continues onward despite her shoulder being knocked back.
3. Male sees evasion attempt and protestors conviction to keep going forward and needs to physically block access, but is still in a seated position so unable to do anything more than push his arm out further.
4. Pushes his arm out against her arm to which he has a hold of. This causes the protestor to attempt to evade further but causes her to crash into the pillar.
5. Protestor continues to squirm and attempts to break free. Man gets up from chair to get into a better position to control squirming protestor.
6. Man gets control of protestors arm and had managed to get her facing the exit.
7. Protestor is resisting heavily, forcing the male to need to grab the protestor by her neck to prevent the protestor from being easily able to turn around.
8. Protestor continues to resist all the way out.

So in this instance, I would say the male here did the right thing and was nowhere near heavy handed in the slightest fashion. Nothing wrong was done. Whether the protestor was male or female has zero bearing on how the male could have attempted to prevent further access into the room given the circumstances it was all in:

A. Initial Seated Position.
B. Protestor heavily resisted prevention; which began with a grab of the arm, to holding the back of the neck/shoulders.
You're a real bona-fide detective aren't you thanks for sparing the time.

Back
Top Bottom