Another Example of Idiocy

Permabanned
I think you're quite right she was just about to take out the whole room with her ninja skills obviously a clear and present danger.
I totally agree we should judge society's standards and man's standing in the world on some bouncers behaviour from somewhere maybe,
I agree. Judging by standards of bouncers in my local all statesmen, politicians, civil servants and anyone in public service should; have tattoos of dotted lines saying cut here, a fondness for violent altercation, decide who gets to sell illicit drugs for a cut, be a mongo.

Permabanned
I agree. Judging by standards of bouncers in my local all statesmen, politicians, civil servants and anyone in public service should; have tattoos of dotted lines saying cut here, a fondness for violent altercation, decide who gets to sell illicit drugs for a cut, be a mongo.
Sounds like the basis of a constitution

Transmission breaker
Don
Sounds like the basis of a constitution

You really like avoiding the point at hand. Its quite a common ploy by people who have no real argument.

Do you really believe that what he did deserved him being suspended from his job, when he was ejecting a protester from a private event, with lots of high profile attendees, after they have already been ejected once before? No one was hurt, order was restored as a result of his actions, and the protester is taking no action against the supposed attack?
Her sex is a non-issue if you believe in equality, you agreed yourself earlier there would be no outcry if this was a male protester. Ergo, there should be none in this case.

Break the rules, suffer the consequences. People have been "legally" shot for similar actions in the US. She should count herself lucky she didnt get bundled to the ground and injured in the resulting melee.

Soldato
One thing I learned from doing jury service is that everyone has a different idea about what violence is. I'm on the MP's side here, but I was in a minority of one when I wanted to convict a young man for what I saw -- on video -- as definite GBH. The rest of the panel thought it was just the kind of thing young men got up to on a Friday night... I've never felt quite so much like a stranger in my own community. And I say that as someone who'd had to help deal with violent drunks and shoplifters on several occasions. The worst, by far, was a woman who was having a really good go at separating another woman from her eyes. I felt I couldn't let that happen, but when I got involved I found myself having to be a lot firmer than I expected in order to keep my own eyes.

I know that's not directly comparable, but I think what I'm saying is that there's no pretty way of stopping someone in their tracks if you believe they are a potential threat and you don't want to be the person who sat back and watched a disaster happen. If you're going to detain anyone you do it quickly and effectively, and that's what I see in the video. We all know it was a harmless situation and he probably overreacted now, but at the time he didn't and neither did anyone else there.

I do feel, however, that Field's nickname from now on should be 'Spock', given his ability to render someone harmless with a pinch of the neck.

Permabanned
You really like avoiding the point at hand. Its quite a common ploy by people who have no real argument.

Do you really believe that what he did deserved him being suspended from his job, when he was ejecting a protester from a private event, with lots of high profile attendees, after they have already been ejected once before? No one was hurt, order was restored as a result of his actions, and the protester is taking no action against the supposed attack?
Her sex is a non-issue if you believe in equality, you agreed yourself earlier there would be no outcry if this was a male protester. Ergo, there should be none in this case.

Break the rules, suffer the consequences. People have been "legally" shot for similar actions in the US. She should count herself lucky she didnt get bundled to the ground and injured in the resulting melee?
So you think we should follow the American model and shoot on sight, OK, and you think I haven't got an argument but you are arguing with me.

Please see sig or grow up.

Permabanned

Break the rules, suffer the consequences. People have been "legally" shot for similar actions in the US. She should count herself lucky she didnt get bundled to the ground and injured in the resulting melee.
Sex is a total issue if you believe in equality.

Transmission breaker
Don
So you think we should follow the American model and shoot on sight, OK, and you think I haven't got an argument but you are arguing with me.

Please see sig or grow up.

Again, the same, nicely avoided... I am quite glad that we do not have the US way of doing things! The point I was making, which you keep avoiding, is that the way it was dealt with was totally sensible, firm, resulted in no injuries, and the event carried on as per normal.

As for the thinly veiled insult, I suggest you go read the forum rules.

Permabanned
Again, the same, nicely avoided... I am quite glad that we do not have the US way of doing things! The point I was making, which you keep avoiding, is that the way it was dealt with was totally sensible, firm, resulted in no injuries, and the event carried on as per normal.

As for the thinly veiled insult, i suggest you go read the forum rules.
Why is being a kid an insult, I just don't want to argue with any, because I find it frustrating.
Are you a kid or an adult.?

Soldato
excuse me, he is a minister of state and thus projecting to the world that we in the UK treat woman like that and then complain about the attitude prevalent in certain other cultures.

Wow - "projecting to the world" - if you think the actions of 1 man shows the world how around 30 million men treat women then your version of reality must be a really fun place :D

No, not except to the law at all. That would be up to the CPS to decide the likelihood of a conviction, then a magistrate (if charged with common assault) to decide.

However it is clear that many people think what he did is unacceptable.

Which is what I said, thanks for confirming he is currently innocent until proven guilty in a court of law (which was my point) and therefore the court of "social media" from your "many people think what he did is unacceptable." means absolutely nothing. While you and many others may not like what he did, until he is prosecuted and form guilty then the current law of the land says he's innocent and, as he's not even been charged, questioned or otherwise then I'm not sure the likelihood of him being convicted is high either.

Transmission breaker
Don
Why is being a kid an insult, I just don't want to argue with any, because I find it frustrating.
Are you a kid or an adult.?

You cant have it both ways... You refer to your sig, as an attempt to belittle my opinion, inferring I am a kid. Then you attempt to turn this back on me when I call you out, saying I should not find this as an insult.

Top drawer trolling attempt. Once again, totally avoiding the issue, and points I am trying to discuss with you.

Associate
Has anyone got a link to the longer video, that supposedly also shows another protestor on the other side of the room also being removed but supposedly more "appropriately"? Can only find the short one right now.

Permabanned
Ok, I am not sure I follow? Are you saying (cause it seems like it to me?!) that we should treat women differently to men in the same circumstances to ensure equality? That's a very odd understanding of equality if that is your position.
You cant have it both ways... You refer to your sig, as an attempt to belittle my opinion, inferring I am a kid. Then you attempt to turn this back on me when I call you out, saying I should not find this as an insult.

Top drawer trolling attempt. Once again, totally avoiding the issue, and points I am trying to discuss with you.

OK fair enough

How did that happen!! I'm so sorry

Permabanned
Wow - "projecting to the world" - if you think the actions of 1 man shows the world how around 30 million men treat women then your version of reality must be a really fun place :D

Which is what I said, thanks for confirming he is currently innocent until proven guilty in a court of law (which was my point) and therefore the court of "social media" from your "many people think what he did is unacceptable." means absolutely nothing. While you and many others may not like what he did, until he is prosecuted and form guilty then the current law of the land says he's innocent and, as he's not even been charged, questioned or otherwise then I'm not sure the likelihood of him being convicted is high either.
Yeah

Soldato
Sex is a total issue if you believe in equality.

Really?

As daft as it sounds, if you want equality then sex shouldn't even be considered. Sex is what divides people, if you remove it, division comes down to other factors. It's an issue for you because you're making it so.

For others, equality is seeing them as they are, human protestors and if they are all treated like protestors then they are equals. Treating her differently because she's a woman is not equality.

Permabanned
Ok, I am not sure I follow? Are you saying (cause it seems like it to me?!) that we should treat women differently to men in the same circumstances to ensure equality? That's a very odd understanding of equality if that is your position.
Equality is giving women or ethnic minorities, varied physical abilities etc positions of employment, voices in society etc out with merit alone to better reflect all aspects of society, equal. It's not just as simple as treat everyone the same. Positive discrimination exists in the name and active pursuit of equality and to think as you seem to do is naive.
Man handling a woman as you would a man is far from equal, it's asserting power unequally.

Associate
just seen her on the news she wants him too go on anger management lol ,she could have had a weapon he did the right thing what was he supposed too do ask her politely to leave.

Back
Top Bottom