Epic Games Store now open!

Soldato
So I can earn achievements?
Save on the cloud?
Stream the game to another device?

As you did say I can play the game "exactly" the same way.

Can I auto refund the game if I dont like it?
Can I check for community submitted game guides on the epic launcher?

Good points. Also we can add modding to that list as well. The steam workshop has some fantastic player made mods.
Untill such things are added to the Epic Store I won't be buying any games from it.

I am not against the launcher itself just it's massive lack of features.

Soldato
So I can earn achievements?
Save on the cloud?
Stream the game to another device?

As you did say I can play the game "exactly" the same way.

Can I auto refund the game if I dont like it?
Can I check for community submitted game guides on the epic launcher?

See this is my biggest gripe, not only that this store launcher is actually just the Unreal assist store - which is now cluttered up with games most devs don't want to see, and from all accounts its now slowing down massively and is full of rubbish - i mean I have to agree, its got the worse front end ever..!! Microsoft Store actually beats it, how that was even possible, but no as you stated, its got none of what you said, none!!

Its a dreadful experience on there. I grabbed a free copy of the witness, its horrendous. the controller support is none existence - I use a playstation pad, so I had to link the game to Steam to use my PS4 controller native, then I realised no achievements, which does add to a game like the witness, and no cloud saves, so I just gave up, removed the launcher and wont use it again until some huge improvements - not even for the freebies.

Soldato
For me, Epic is just a worse experience overall.
I'm assuming redeeming keys would work through it, but due to region many products aren't available, store doesn't work correctly and I don't use a VPN on my gaming desktop.

I don't really mind no achievements or cloud saves, but losing the easy streaming isn't so great.
I've changed to a PS4 key and will sell at release. I assume this thing will come out a few months later on other stores, after low sales.

Soldato
For me, Epic is just a worse experience overall.
I'm assuming redeeming keys would work through it, but due to region many products aren't available, store doesn't work correctly and I don't use a VPN on my gaming desktop.

I don't really mind no achievements or cloud saves, but losing the easy streaming isn't so great.
I've changed to a PS4 key and will sell at release. I assume this thing will come out a few months later on other stores, after low sales.

If you mean Shenmue III - its been released by deep silver the game is a 1 yr epic store deal and then goes to other stores after, expect to see it on MS game pass not to distant future, Steam in late 2020 and go from there. I didn't have much interest in the game, but I can see how this has rattled quite a few up.

The publisher is looking into Refunds, and so they ****** should. Disgraceful, Deep Silver have caused a lot of hate across the internet, to sell out like that, when the public made this game happen. Thats low, by both Epic and Deep Silver. Sad times. I suspect this will now damage crowdfunding.

Soldato
They'll have made more than enough Epic money to be issuing refunds to those who want one. I can't imagine the overall number of backers who want refunds being that high.
It's clear that the Kickstarter was just to prove there was a viable product there.

Soldato
Jesus, it's not like the announced they're completely pulling the PC version and it's now Xbox exclusive. Boo freaking hoo, you now need to install a ~100mb program which will load up in exactly the same amount of time as Steam would do and still be able to play the game exactly the same way Steam would do.

Being on a different launcher isn't really the issue. It's being an EGS timed exclusive that is. Backers were told steam keys would be available and now they aren't after having pledged their money and on top of that they'll have to play it on EGS or get stuffed? You seriously don't see an issue with that? If this were GOG we were talking about and not EGS then it wouldn't even be an issue for most because GOG isn't corrupted by questionable Chinese investors and owners hell bent on destroying the market with anti-competitive practices.

Soldato
I waited for Shenmue III like hell but that exclusivity thing is a bit of a joke, especially for early backers.

Epic is still a vastly inferior launcher and, on top of that, what they've shown looks slightly underwhelming. The combat seems to lack any sort of impact and looks very robotic, worse than in 2-year old Yakuza Kiwami 2 which I consider to be Shenmue's sister game. The graphics also look way more cartoony.

I hope it'll excel in other things like interactivity and story but I'll only get it once it launches on Steam in like 1,5 years, lol.

Soldato
Really? Epic takes way longer to load than Steam on my system, and I don't even have any games installed on the Epic launcher.

Just did a quick test on mine. Epic took 15 seconds to launch and sign me into my account, Steam took just over 20. Not as much difference as I expected, sure Epic used to load quicker than that for me, but it was still better than steam.

Man of Honour
I'll say one thing though, the current free game Enter the Gungeon is crazy addictive lol, didnt think it would be my sort of thing at all but its mad fun :)

Back
Top Bottom