Epic Games Store now open!

Caporegime
The Epic Games store is now open, featuring awesome high-quality games from other developers. Our goal is to bring you great games, and to give game developers a better deal: they receive 88% of the money you spend, versus only 70% elsewhere. This helps developers succeed and make more of the games you love.

The first games on the store are Hades by Supergiant Games, Ashen by Annapurna/A44, and Hello Neighbor: Hide and Seek by tinyBuild, and they’re available now!

Hades is the rogue-like dungeon crawler from the creators of Bastion and Transistor. It is available in early access, with updates to come every month until full release later in 2019.

Ashen is an action RPG about a wanderer in search of a home. You can forge relationships in the game, inviting other players to join your camp - they might just help you succeed.
Hello Neighbor: Hide and Seek is the prequel to Hello Neighbor, the stealth horror hit. Find out what happened right before the events of the main game.

The store will also feature one free game every two weeks throughout 2019. Epic is funding these free releases so you always have something new to come and check out. The first free game will be Subnautica, available from Dec 14th to Dec 27th, followed by Super Meat Boy from Dec 28th to Jan 10th.

The Epic Games store will be growing throughout 2019 and beyond, as it opens up more widely to other games.

Soldato
Yay, another gaming platform that we don't need. It's bad enough with EA and Ubisoft trying to push their stuff on their own rubbish platforms, and now this is being added in as well. Wonderful!

Soldato
I'm sick of the bloated, laggy mess steam has become so I'll be checking the epic store out for sure. I don't really have an issue with too many stores anymore, but I still outright refuse to touch EA's Origin. Currently have:

Steam - Used almost daily
uPlay - Used almost daily
Battenet - rarely used
GoG - rarely used, only got the Witcher series on it.

Caporegime
OP
I'm sick of the bloated, laggy mess steam has become so I'll be checking the epic store out for sure. I don't really have an issue with too many stores anymore, but I still outright refuse to touch EA's Origin. Currently have:

Steam - Used almost daily
uPlay - Used almost daily
Battenet - rarely used
GoG - rarely used, only got the Witcher series on it.

Probably can add Bethesda too as Rage 2 might be exclusive to that launcher. And who knows? Square Enix could get in on the act with Tomb Raider/Deus Ex/whatever. ;)

Associate
I think you misread, I didn't mean Bethesda games were coming on Epic, I meant their own games will be exclusive to the Bethesda Launcher. So it adds another store that PC gamers have to use at some point.

Ah sorry yeah must have misread. Yeah Bethesda have said they wont be releasing anything on other stores.

Back
Top Bottom