The last game you completed, and rating.

Associate
Rage - 8.5 (22hrs play time).

Combat is everything in this game and it is fantastic; extremely satisfying. All of the weapons, all of the abilities, such fun! The wasteland was a missed opportunity but i didn't hate it, getting from point A to B doesn't take too long. The game is best enjoyed progressing the arc unlocks as a priority rather than the story missions. I will check out the DLC when it drops.

Soldato
Spellforce 3: Soul Harvest - 8.5 / 10

Was quiet the fan of the initial Spellforce 3 and this one is a more refined version made more slick and streamlined. Very much enjoy both genra's of games that make up this game (RTS and RPG) and definitely not something replicated elsewhere. Story is great, with some few niggle issues if you played previous ones, combat is fun and can be good building up your party and playing using various styles of play. Campaign is decent length, around 20 hours for a decent run, took 25 hours to do that plus side quests. There are some bug's though with few side quests broken period so hopefully they will get fixed soon (seem to be specific to one region so hopefully should solve easy), Co-Op campaign play and skirmish are nice value adds.

+ Combat is fun
+ Story is solid
+ Game is reasonable length
+ RTS is somewhat refined

- some bugs
- few meh bits in story (though overall its great) more so if you played SF3

Associate
Nioh - 9/10 went into this blind not knowing what to expect other than "its kinda like diablo an dark souls"
200 hours later it absorbed me. Very rarely do i play thru ng+ etc but i got right to the end of way if the nioh and was farming gear and equipment crafting etc lots to do and great YouTube community full off builds to try out.

Really worth a play even just to get a feel for it.

Can be Easier than souls series.
More action and loot crafting.
Pretty easy to change builds throughout the gane.

Anygame that absorbs me and makes me think about it while at work and reserch gear and skills etc deserves a solid 9/10

Soldato
The Council - 8.5/10

Seeing the above review made me go play it as its now fully released and has been sitting in my library. Not played that style of game before, but it was amazing from start to finish. It blends together culture, religion, art and so on into a pretty amazing blend. choices do matter, surprisingly, ones you make from the very first chapter can carry over to the end. Twists and plot devices are used aplenty and to great effect IMO, in fact the entire premise of the game shifts as it goes on. A good 20-25 hours or so of play there.

+ Overall story is great and does change rapidly from the initial base
+ Graphics do look great
+ Nice blend of art, culture etc
+ Great plot twists
+ Unique characters

- Some animations can be clunky, in particular on the face at times which jives oddly with the animations being important.

Soldato
Metro Exodus 7/10

Looked good, good story even if i got the bad ending. I really enjoyed the human side of it, but the mutants seemed tiresome despite it not bothering me in previous games.

I don't know, it just didn't feel right.

Soldato
Broken Sword 2 - The Smoking Mirror. This was the first time I'd played the game since its original release. I used to enjoy adventure games, especially Broken Sword, but I utterly hated it from start to finish. My tastes have obviously changed. 3/10; the 3 marks going purely to the V/O and music.

Soldato
Broken Sword 2 - The Smoking Mirror. This was the first time I'd played the game since its original release. I used to enjoy adventure games, especially Broken Sword, but I utterly hated it from start to finish. My tastes have obviously changed. 3/10; the 3 marks going purely to the V/O and music.
This is really interesting. My first PC gaming loves were point and click, and text based adventures. I've bought a few recently but have put off installing them. I think I'm scared I don't have the attention span. What do you play now?

Soldato
This is really interesting. My first PC gaming loves were point and click, and text based adventures. I've bought a few recently but have put off installing them. I think I'm scared I don't have the attention span. What do you play now?

I still like story heavy / driven games, but I tend to prefer to play things like The Witcher 3 these days. Decent story, well written dialogue and meaningful characters, all without the need to follow an insanely contrived set of actions in order to open a door, for example. Monkey Island 1 and 2 seem to be the only exceptions; I'm playing through them at the moment and enjoying them immensely.

Soldato
Ff12 zodiac age, up to the last third and a certain tower and its actually ending I'd of given it an 8 however it dropped to 6 for me.

Great combat system and far ahead of its time when you consider the time it came out. Loved the job system as well

Caporegime
Tombi Underworld - 8/10

Really enjoyed it, love the older Tombis better, as love all that having to jump, climb and whatnot through a massive level, and solve puzzles and stuff, the level to get Thors hammer was a belter :D

Soldato
Metro Exodus. I got it via the Windows Store for £2, so an absolute bargain. I really enjoyed it overall, especially the story and characters. There were some things I struggled with; the AI seemed a bit off at times, one level in particular really annoyed me and some of the off-screen character romances seemed to fall flat. I got the good ending and thought it tied up the story very well. Although the voice acting wasn't what I would call top-notch, it didn't detract from the game and emotion was conveyed sufficiently where / when required.

Story - 9/10
Gameplay - 7/10
Music - 7/10
Voice acting - 6/10

Overall - 7.5/10

Soldato
Tombi Underworld - 8/10

Really enjoyed it, love the older Tombis better, as love all that having to jump, climb and whatnot through a massive level, and solve puzzles and stuff, the level to get Thors hammer was a belter :D
I thought there was a new Tombi game for a minute :( You do mean Tomb Raider don't you? *5 minutes of frustrated Googling later* :D

Soldato
I thought there was a new Tombi game for a minute :( You do mean Tomb Raider don't you? *5 minutes of frustrated Googling later* :D
Same :D. The fact he mistyped it twice is what got me.

Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fuelled - 8/10

Just played through adventure mode so far and it's a great remake. It has some really annoying niggling issues that if patched will elevate this game to at least a 9/10. Might double dip when it eventually comes to PC as the console versions are all 30 FPS.

Soldato
Finally went back into Subnautica, several months after first trying and failing to get into it.

Got totally addicted this time around, and finished it yesterday.

I absolutely loved this game. At times relaxing, at others terrifying, occasionally frustrating, but always beautiful and engaging.

I didn't really want to finish in the end. It was so pleasant just being in the water, exploring, building bases, watching the views...

Hurry up and finish Below Zero, guys!

9/10 - best game I've played this year.

Soldato
Witcher 3 and dlcs 10/10 just watching the credits to blood and wine. What a great game, had this game on pre order tried 3 desperate times to get into this but shelved it after losing all my saves this was before gog had cloud saves.
Decided to try again on death march to make the combat more fun. Really enjoyed the game, what an adventure.

Back
Top Bottom