Women's World Cup 2019 Thread

Soldato
Considering how poor England played they came close.

Have they not changed the rules on keepers coming off the line for penalties?

At some point this summer the keeper has to keep one foot on /over the line - I think its up to the point the ball is struck but that might be wrong.

Not sure what date this rule is being changed to but think its already happened

Associate
At some point this summer the keeper has to keep one foot on /over the line - I think its up to the point the ball is struck but that might be wrong.

Not sure what date this rule is being changed to but think its already happened

Yea, that rule applies at this WC, there's been a few retakes already this tournament.

Associate
Surely it's not when the ball is struck because that's the rule now. Is it not at least one foot on the line the whole time?

It's just when the ball is struck - one foot must be on the line. Not sure exactly how that differs to the previous rule's wording, I guess it has never previously been checked by VAR though.

Soldato
I don't understand why Houghton is so highly rated. Very immobile, plays hyper deep and constantly marks the same space in the box with no opposition near. Her and Bright looked like the two weak links all tournament.

Soldato
My waning interest in football has taken a further dive with the VAR nonsense we've had here.

The excitement of a goal is ruined by simply not being able to trust that it's not going to get ruled out for something marginal. Soft penalties given from dramatic slow-motion replays is another downer.

Soldato
Yeah it is a shame that VAR can sometimes ruin the celebrations, I thought that England goal was going to be ruled out as soon as the pass was played into her though so I wasn't over-celebrating.

I thought refs were only supposed to have access to real time replays for VAR, not slow motion?

Associate
Can't stand them cocky americans, hope they get beat in the final and the winning goalscorer mocks them by chomping on a Big Mac, remember my granda said he preferred the germans over the americans in the second world war, and him supposed to be allies with the yanks, ha

Man of Honour
Netherlands v Sweden predictions?

Would have given it probably 2-0 to Netherlands but they've made a couple of changes that aren't working for them and exposing a couple of players who aren't so hot on the ball and Sweden so far has managed to keep them on the back foot.

Man of Honour
Most likely it'll go to penalties, the Dutch have the better individuals but Sweden seem to play better as a team.

As a side note, I love the surname Blackstenius!

Man of Honour
Most likely it'll go to penalties, the Dutch have the better individuals but Sweden seem to play better as a team.

As a side note, I love the surname Blackstenius!

I think one of the problems is the Dutch don't have the pace to impose themselves on Sweden leaving them unable to execute on their strategy.

Back
Top Bottom