• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
I would take 1080p, 1440p & 4k, medium, high & ultra settings where applicable (as that is generally where most people seem to game)

Use 3 different cards from each vendor so Vega 56/Vega 64/Vega VII & 980, 1080, 2080 and just see what they do.

Then do both out box RAM as they have and profiles to suit so 3600 C16 or something realistic.

That gives what real world performance is for gamers at their resolution and graphic settings.

The 720p tests are waste of time because we just don't game at that and I don't care about theoretical, I care about what it actually does at what I game at.

If the CPU is then showing that the FPS are within 5% then I am not worried.
I'd agree but stack the high end GPUs a bit more. I'd use the Vega's plus 2080TI and a 4K 2080ti SLI option where applicable. Give the horses aka fps free rein at high res.

Permabanned
That's just lolworthy. How can they research and develop a feature, advertise the CPU using feature as a selling point and even produce videos saying how great it is, only then to say using it invalidates warranty? That's just the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of.
Thats Reason why I'm sticking to Manual OC PBO got some nasty Volt spikes pass 1.6 I rather stick to 1.425 all core and see what I can get with that.

Soldato
That's just lolworthy. How can they research and develop a feature, advertise the CPU using feature as a selling point and even produce videos saying how great it is, only then to say using it invalidates warranty? That's just the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of.
It's so lolworthy that they'll never be able to get it to stick. They can make any BS claim they want, but it isn't based in reality. If a CPU fails through PBO usage, that's a them problem and I can assure you that they'll be taking them back for replacements.

Permabanned
It's so lolworthy that they'll never be able to get it to stick. They can make any BS claim they want, but it isn't based in reality. If a CPU fails through PBO usage, that's a them problem and I can assure you that they'll be taking them back for replacements.
You as I said 2 got killed and they got replaced :)

Associate

Agree this is ridiculous ..AMD even state your better of just letting your cpu do its own thing on auto rather than manual OC .. then do not cover you if it pops

Thats Reason why I'm sticking to Manual OC PBO got some nasty Volt spikes pass 1.6 I rather stick to 1.425 all core and see what I can get with that.

yes .. had to offset my volts with a build was seeing 1.55v spikes with a 2700x ..i know its only briefly and AMD state its designed like that but do not like it.. even more so if they do not cover this under warranty ..

Soldato
Agree this is ridiculous ..AMD even state your better of just letting your cpu do its own thing on auto rather than manual OC .. then do not cover you if it pops

Intel charges £20 for an overclocking warranty, for that you get one replacement if you kill yours. Intel does not cover overclocking beyond stated boost clocks either, unless you buy the warranty.

Caporegime

Ouch, even the 3900s mullered. :p

AMD-Ryzen-9-3900X-and-Ryzen-7-3700X-CPU-Review_Rise-of-the-tomb-raider-591x740.png

AMD-Ryzen-9-3900X-and-Ryzen-7-3700X-CPU-Review_Far-Cry-5-721x740.png

AMD-Ryzen-9-3900X-and-Ryzen-7-3700X-CPU-Review_Wolfenstein-II-722x740.png

Soldato

yes .. had to offset my volts with a build was seeing 1.55v spikes with a 2700x ..i know its only briefly and AMD state its designed like that but do not like it.. even more so if they do not cover this under warranty ..

This really is a non story to be honest. PBO is an official AMD feature, it's enabled and is a feature of all mobo's. As far as i know, no one has ever had a dead cpu RMA refused. There would be no way for AMD to know you were using PBO, and even if they did, there would be no court of law that would not come down on the consumers side.

Soldato
Power usage is interesting.

3700X using way more power than the 2700X in non gaming and the 3900X comparable to the 9900k

u5fF7oo.png

Edit: From the same article on Reddit

Permabanned
Intel charges £20 for an overclocking warranty, for that you get one replacement if you kill yours. Intel does not cover overclocking beyond stated boost clocks either, unless you buy the warranty.
Ye I always paid the Overclocking warranty and run MAx volts 24/7 if it dies it dies ill get another one :)

Permabanned
Power usage is interesting.

3700X using way more power than the 2700X in non gaming and the 3900X comparable to the 9900k

u5fF7oo.png

Edit: From the same article on Reddit
I think cause 2700x is throttling down. Ill Install Handbrake after work and give Yo readout how much juice it takes on my system with no limits :D

Back
Top Bottom