• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will you buy a RX 5700 Or RX 5700 XT?

Associate
You're right they do have it and yes it's pretty good, i'm impressed with it, lot's of options and manual tweaks, i used the sharpen option and it does exactly that, it also turns up the colour intensity and brightens the image, a bit like fake HDR but it does a good job, it makes games look really good.

The only problem is it only works with "Compatible games" last night i got a chance to test it, first Insurgency, i forgot about it with that, then a quick round of Left4Dead, it worked, really improved the image quality, then 2 hours of Stellaris, that's when it said "only works with compatible games" Star Citizen, same thing again, didn't work, out of curiosity FarCry 3, again didn't work.

Great feature, makes a real visual difference, but seems to depend on nVidia adding it to individual games on a game by game basis.

I've only tried it on a couple of games so far but for the small performance sacrifice the visuals are a big improvement... can't believe I've only just found out about it lol

Soldato
Well a 5700XT is even more a no brainer for me now.

Was going to buy it anyway until nvidia had their Super release. At that point the 2060 Super or 2070 Super became the better buys.

This price drop brings it convincingly back ahead in terms of perf/$.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Well a 5700XT is even more a no brainer for me now.

Was going to buy it anyway until nvidia had their Super release. At that point the 2060 Super or 2070 Super became the better buys.

This price drop brings it convincingly back ahead in terms of perf/$.

If they throw in a three game bundle too it could be a major turn in the tables!

Back
Top Bottom