Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

Soldato
heads up that this is on Humble Bundle monthly. Its cheaper on this than via the steam sales for me in New Zealand!

So stoked! Have been looking to play this since it was released, but wanted to wait until it was cheaper! Time to delve straight into Henry’s life :p

Soldato
Forgot how fantastic this game is...back in to it now. Any of the DLC worth getting before i get too far in?
If you get the Woman's Lot one, do not whatever you do get the dog. It is a pain in the ass and just gets in the way when fighting, meaning it gets annoyed with you very quickly and runs away. That is despite constantly feeding it more food than a platoon of land whales could stomach.

Soldato
If you get the Woman's Lot one, do not whatever you do get the dog. It is a pain in the ass and just gets in the way when fighting, meaning it gets annoyed with you very quickly and runs away. That is despite constantly feeding it more food than a platoon of land whales could stomach.

lol sounds like my actual dog

Associate
Couldnt get into this at all, love an rpg but this seems really clunky and a load of arse. :p

I also found this clunky and kind of broken. Barely touched it really. It's strange how some games are loved and have good reviews. You then buy the game and completly can't understand why they've been hyped. This was definitely one of those games for me. Didn't like this and also didn't like Prey which is another one loved by many.

Permabanned
I also found this clunky and kind of broken. Barely touched it really. It's strange how some games are loved and have good reviews. You then buy the game and completly can't understand why they've been hyped. This was definitely one of those games for me. Didn't like this and also didn't like Prey which is another one loved by many.

Yeah, what we all argue about on the internet if we all loved the same thing though. :p

Soldato

Ah no don't say that - getting this with Humble Monthly this month and was looking forward to trying it, really hope I don't hate it

Soldato
OP
Prey is amazing. So is Kingdom Come. Something is wrong with your game taste buds :)
But seriously, KCD is definitely "clunkier" than most AAA games. It is a consequence of many things, mostly its scope and complexity coupled with small teamsize, many of whom never made a game before. But the great aspects - immersion, atmosphere, writing, historical research - far outweigh the negatives - at least for me.

Soldato
ive dropped KCD for now. i'm at the part where i talk to ragzig and i tell him i wanna get his sword back andi beat someone at swordsmanship and archery.
its just all a bit slow and clunky. im guessing it gets much better later on as i feel im still at the tutorial bit?

Soldato
ive dropped KCD for now. i'm at the part where i talk to ragzig and i tell him i wanna get his sword back andi beat someone at swordsmanship and archery.
its just all a bit slow and clunky. im guessing it gets much better later on as i feel im still at the tutorial bit?

It's undeniably clunky, but it is mostly a really good game. Once you start feeling a bit stronger it eventually clicks for most people.

Thing is with this game, I never found the combat particularly awkward or clunky, which I know is one of the most common complaints. I think it is a very good combat system, it just takes some getting used to.

Soldato
I got this in my monthly Humble Bundle, and have been looking to play it since it's release.

I know there were a lot of bugs at the beginning - Is this still the case? Are there any mods I should use before playing? Or is it OK to just get straight into it?

Anything else I need to know before starting?

Back
Top Bottom