Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

Soldato
I got this in my monthly Humble Bundle, and have been looking to play it since it's release.

I know there were a lot of bugs at the beginning - Is this still the case? Are there any mods I should use before playing? Or is it OK to just get straight into it?

Anything else I need to know before starting?

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/1?tab=description

Increased my enjoyment 10 fold. The save system without this is pretty brutal (sleeping or using schnapps). It's a great game, unlike any other than i can remember.

Associate
I got this in my monthly Humble Bundle, and have been looking to play it since it's release.

I know there were a lot of bugs at the beginning - Is this still the case? Are there any mods I should use before playing? Or is it OK to just get straight into it?

Anything else I need to know before starting?

For me overall the game is very good, however the sword combat has to be one of the worst I have ever seen (but maybe that's just me); also you should check on Youtube for tips on the game from a 1 month - 6 months ago for basic tips to help you in the game.

Have fun

Ree

Ree

Associate
just installed this last night after getting it with humble monthly and my god clunky is an under statement. sprint should be click left stick and crouch should be b on xbox controller, kinda dumb the way they have it trying to hold sprint (b) while trying to use the right stick for direction at the same time.

Soldato
OP
Finally started my full playthrough with all DLCs, v. 1.9.2 and hardcore mode enabled. Completely without mods this time. Running in 1440p/very high preset with SMAA TX2 and it keeps 60fps.
Just found the two bandits at Neuhof stables and about to go after Ginger, although I might do some sidequests first.
I only have 3 savior schnapps remaining, so I will have to find out soon where to get more or how to brew them.
I loved the hunting quest with Hans. Actually got more rabbits than him for which he paid me, hah. And then he gets himself kidnapped, lol
So damn atmospheric

Talmberk at night
379430_201908151348575ljkd.png

View from Talmberk

379430_20190815141403jnkv8.png

Ree

Ree

Associate
As a non consoler I assume they haven't mapped the keys like every other game?

It's like when a game rebinds jump to the shift key when every other game ever uses space.

sorry i completely forgot about this. a steam controller configuration profile sorted the buttons out but man i just couldn't enjoy the game cause its just far to clunky. probably gonna uninstall which is a shame as it looks amazing.

Soldato
OP
sorry i completely forgot about this. a steam controller configuration profile sorted the buttons out but man i just couldn't enjoy the game cause its just far to clunky. probably gonna uninstall which is a shame as it looks amazing.

That IS a shame. I agree that compared to polished smooth AAA games like God of War or Spiderman, there is a level of "clunk" here.
But god damn. The mechanics are so much deeper than in most games, so many skills and perks, the amazing alchemy system, the combat and the whole difficulty curve, the survival mechanics..I love it, especially on hardcore mode. Just now I was doing a mission where I had to find some ginger guy, and to find him I had to dispatch two bandits. I tried head on but they kicked my butt, so instead I waited until night time and took them out when they slept. Satisfying. And then I wanted to loot their chest but figured it could wait until morning, so I carried their bodies away and then slept in their makeshift bed, but when I woke up I found out I was somewhere else entirely in a nearby village, because I took the somnambulant perk :D So I had to retrace my steps and find the camp again to loot the chest as I planned.
It definitely isn't for impatient people, but I love how immersive and engaging this game is, lot more than most games.

That atmosphere!

379430_20190817122434kok64.png

379430_20190817094745zxjef.png

Soldato
OP
30 hours in, just spent a night over in Sasau's inn, waking up to these views

Then went and did some shenanigans for the Charlatan (poor Mr. Loukota...and Prokop), investigated a crime of low quality masonry and obtained a wedding gift for lady Stephanie. All in a day's work!

379430_20190818235610osj7y.png

379430_201908182142028rjov.png

Soldato
30 hours in, just spent a night over in Sasau's inn, waking up to these views

Then went and did some shenanigans for the Charlatan (poor Mr. Loukota...and Prokop), investigated a crime of low quality masonry and obtained a wedding gift for lady Stephanie. All in a day's work!

379430_20190818235610osj7y.png

379430_201908182142028rjov.png
It is such a great game

Soldato
I'd replay this if it weren't for the God awful Monks missions. Is a stunning game though, one of the best graphically that I own.

That mission is awful... You can just fail it though and do it another way. I was getting annoyed by it, did something like got caught stealing and they chucked me out. The quest just failed but there was still another way to do it. Its not worth the hassle!

Back
Top Bottom