Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

Soldato
OP
Wowzers. I only just launched the game and am already intrigued by the cool medieval opening titles. Could be on to something good here.
I am 60 hours in and it is already up there with Witcher 3 and RDR2 as one of my games of this generation.
I would recommend you the hardcore mode if you think you can handle it :) I love it.

love the fact that people are reviewing these places in real life. Looking around Google Maps, you may even find a few interesting things
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sázava+monastery/@49.8772011,14.8951568,687m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m7!3m6!1s0x470c7a9b93498775:0x52477c734a1c12ea!8m2!3d49.8772011!4d14.8973455!9m1!1b1

Seems like I am going to go to Sázava one of these days. This is cool :)

Soldato
OP
One of my all time favourite games.. so much time just spent wondering through woods & watching the sun rise!
Yeah. This game more than any other (only RDR2, TW3 and STALKERs come close) just makes me "exist" in that world, like a teleportation device. I can enjoy just chilling out in a village in the evening:

I love how the mechanics work, with sleeping being so natural AND necessary, eating, overeating, drinking, getting drunk, suffering its benefits AND drawbacks, all that "simulation" stuff actually works to enhance my enjoyment.

And the physicality, being able to see my body, opening doors by actually opening them, being able to pick up objects like arrows or food or weapons by physically reaching with my arm, this stuff is still not often seen in games like from Bethesda..

Soldato
OP
Some czech gaming journalist said couple days back on a podcast that Warhorse will be switching to Unreal Engine for the next game because someone from “warhorse circle” told him about it.
But, it is not the case, they will keep developing their Cryengine fork, fortunately.

Interview with Tobi from Warhorse where he confirms it (the censor filter makes the link not work, to make it work replace peeing with harsher word that starts with pi)
https://www.gamepressure.com/editor...-about-stroking-dogs-fashion-and-peeing/z51b2

It makes sense, they rewrote so much of it and the whole pipeline is adapted to it, switching engines would mean spending years again rebuilding all RPG systems from scratch.

I am glad, since I love how the game looks and feels to play.
Few shots from today

379430_20190823015643q8j7d.png

379430_2019082312053904kap.png

379430_20190823202122yjj6e.png

This cottage was a place of a pretty interesting quest, anyone remember which one was it? :)

379430_20190823203752ybjy1.png

Soldato
I keep meaning to play this but I want to max it out and with a 1080ti that doesn't seem possible at 4k.

I'll have to wait but the potential of the game is very tempting

Soldato
OP
I only got a couple of hours into the game but the woods were so empty!
Yes, the game takes place in real world. In real world there are not dungeons and caves every fifty meters I am afraid. If you want to read more about the decision to build the world that way, there is a fantastic article from the developers about it:

https://warhorsestudios.cz/index.php?page=blog&entry=blog_011

I keep meaning to play this but I want to max it out and with a 1080ti that doesn't seem possible at 4k.

I'll have to wait but the potential of the game is very tempting

4K at 60 stable is out of scope and will be for some time. I have RTX2080Ti and I am running it in 2880x1800 on very high preset with LoD sliders maxed to keep 60fps. The screens I post are with this setting. Game looks magnificent already.

It's been a long time, but I remember it well. I'll summarise it with 'convince or convict', to not ruin the surprise for others.

Good memory! I loved this quest, the way
I had to follow the Revelation-like instructions to find the place of worship, the listening in on them from the attic, the atmospheric cutscene and then deciding what to do. I was tempted to kill the vicar, but in the end only convinced them to leave. Hanush was satisfied enough, gave me a nice sword.

Soldato
So i just finished my first play through and i have to say the ending caught me by surprise.

It was just so abrupt and everything was unresolved. Are we meant to expect a part 2 or is that it?

I definitely enjoyed the game overall but i felt it was let down quite a bit by the characters. There just weren't enough interesting/funny/enjoyable characters and Henry was a seriously dull protagonist. A lot of the voice actors were properly bargain basement too. Hopefully with some more money behind them the next game from Warhorse will be a more polished and whatnot.

Soldato
OP
Didn't realise there were two threads on this, i'll as my quickie here too.

Is the DLC worth having from the start of a playthrough or is it more post-game stand aloney type dlc?

It is all integrated into the main game so it is better to have it there when starting new game. You get access to it at various times in the story.

Soldato
OP
Finally did the Nest of Vipers and Baptism by Fire yesterday.
Proud of myself for doing all of the sabotage possible, poisoned all four pots and burned all four bushels. It took some doing - I had to lure the cuman guy who watched one pot into a dark secluded cabin (I wore the cuman dress but unfinished, so he wanted to speak to me), there I convinced him with my brilliant hungarian language skills to leave me alone, upon which he turned around and I killed him with a dagger and carried his body away. Afterwards I poisoned the second pot easily, nobody was watching it. Then I went up to the bandit camp, poisoned one pot, upon which they spotted me, so I ran to poison the last one and then I ran from top down, burning their arrows in my path, and then straight for the forest, on my horse and gone with the wind, losing my pursuers. Like from a hollywood movie :D

Baptism by Fire was quite easy afterwards, I don't think I even got hit :)

What surprised me though is that
Runt
had a helmet, I always read how he is without helmet so he can be shot by an arrow, but I guess with hardcore mode the developers gave him protection :p Still he went down quickly.

Soldato
Finally did the Nest of Vipers and Baptism by Fire yesterday.
Proud of myself for doing all of the sabotage possible, poisoned all four pots and burned all four bushels. It took some doing - I had to lure the cuman guy who watched one pot into a dark secluded cabin (I wore the cuman dress but unfinished, so he wanted to speak to me), there I convinced him with my brilliant hungarian language skills to leave me alone, upon which he turned around and I killed him with a dagger and carried his body away. Afterwards I poisoned the second pot easily, nobody was watching it. Then I went up to the bandit camp, poisoned one pot, upon which they spotted me, so I ran to poison the last one and then I ran from top down, burning their arrows in my path, and then straight for the forest, on my horse and gone with the wind, losing my pursuers. Like from a hollywood movie :D

Baptism by Fire was quite easy afterwards, I don't think I even got hit :)

What surprised me though is that
Runt
had a helmet, I always read how he is without helmet so he can be shot by an arrow, but I guess with hardcore mode the developers gave him protection :p Still he went down quickly.
Great game, thanks for reminding me

Back
Top Bottom