• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Hi all
I've been going through all of the reviews and I currently have a 2700x with a 1080ti and game at 1440p I don't do much of anything else and from what I've seen for 1440p a 3700x or 3900x or 3800x (when we see the numbers haha) wouldn't actually be too much of an upgrade due to gpu limitations purely talking frame rates? Is anybody else thinking the same or am I completely missing something?

Thanks!

You'd get higher minimums and higher fps in some cpu bound games, see CSGO

Caporegime
Hi all
I've been going through all of the reviews and I currently have a 2700x with a 1080ti and game at 1440p I don't do much of anything else and from what I've seen for 1440p a 3700x or 3900x or 3800x (when we see the numbers haha) wouldn't actually be too much of an upgrade due to gpu limitations purely talking frame rates? Is anybody else thinking the same or am I completely missing something?

Thanks!

Yeah unless you want new shiny I doubt you would notice tbh...you’re gonna have to sell you 2700X dirt cheap to shift it too.

Associate
From someone who also has the 3800X on pre-order (luckily I have no rush), here's my theory.

Binned chips are needed for both 3800X and 3950X > AMD initially didn't want to announce the 3950X and possibly release it with Ryzen 4xxx next year > AMD decided instead to announce it and ended up having 2 CPUs, 3800X and 3950X, which need the best possible 8 core chiplets.

If that's the case I'm sure AMD is wishing they had just foregone the 3800X and have right now no idea how to deal with the situation.

Associate
Thanks! Yes I did see the cs go numbers and those were really interesting but I was kind of thinking when your getting over 144fps anyway how much more do you need haha! The minimums are definitely something to think about though! I just don't want to upgrade for no reason!

Associate
Thanks! Yes I did see the cs go numbers and those were really interesting but I was kind of thinking when your getting over 144fps anyway how much more do you need haha! The minimums are definitely something to think about though! I just don't want to upgrade for no reason!

So you believe AMD have decided to instead tell the suppliers and retailers complete lies and give out fake and false tracking numbers and information rather than say they don't have the chips? Seems a bit far fetched?

OcUK Staff
@Gibbo / 8 Pack - Looks like the 3800Xs were a washout again today, are you able to escalate this with AMD and let us know when we can expect them, although to be honest it doesn't look like they know themselves, maybe someone higher up the foodchain might have a better idea?

Neither myself or Gibbo in the office today so could not chase this further... Will try to get answers tomorrow...

OcUK Staff
Really appreciate it, no doubt you guys are just as cheesed off being given the runaround and not being able to fulfil orders as we are waiting for our CPU's.
We also have a range of systems to develop with cpus and essential rnd to do around that... So ofcourse besides fulfilling orders we need the chips for many other reasons too...

Soldato
So you believe AMD have decided to instead tell the suppliers and retailers complete lies and give out fake and false tracking numbers and information rather than say they don't have the chips? Seems a bit far fetched?
They guys manufacturing the CPUs, the guys stocking the warehouses, the guys taking the orders, the guys in the warehouse, the guys delivering the orders are most likely not even in the same country let alone city so this kind of **** up is not exactly uncommon.
I'm also thinking that AMD planned on a certain percentage of chiplets in each wafer being of binnable quality for 3800X / 3950X and that they haven't managed to reach that percentage so supply is much lower than anticipated.

Associate
We have lift off!

601253865fbaf15105caf44f8588409167b075f826371d4a973f5b0aeebc59245a3ec48c.jpg

Soldato
Finally placed my order for a 3900X, got ants in my pants about stock levels :p. I decided to drop an AIO cooler for now and will run on the stock air cooler for a while because it's on my mind we may see new cooler designs. The 8Pack RAM I wanted also dropped in price :)

Soldato
HUB test of a B350 with Ryzen 3000:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRaZ2Txv13M

World War Z has now had a patch and the Ryzen 7 3700X and Ryzen 9 3900X are close to the Core i9 9900K.

Another review has been added:
https://www.planet3dnow.de/cms/47396-zen-2-amd-ryzen-7-3700x-und-ryzen-9-3900x-im-test/25/

This has the first ARMA III test I have seen on Ryzen 3000:
https://www.planet3dnow.de/cms/wp-content/gallery/amd-ryzen-3000/d24.png

d24.png

A massive jump in performance over the previous generation!

Associate
Finally got my 3900x up and running today, had a load of problems with bsod and lock ups as decided to do a fresh install of Winders. Problem was it was a 2015 version, so ryzen unaware. Eventually sorted that and now seems stable, but not seeing it boosting properly. 4325 on a single core is the most I'm seeing... is this normal?

Back
Top Bottom