• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
Why is this not reflective in performance?

Because has better texture detail? Others have made YT videos comparing the image quality between AMD and Nvidia. As recent as comparing RIS to DLSS.
If the GPU renders lower quality textures ofc is faster.

I reported that when after 2 1/2 years moved from 1080Ti (and 1080 before that) to Vega 64, and in comparison to my laptop 1060 6GB. The game playing several hours per day (WOT), over the last 9 years, looked so much different, on same settings. Sure went from 150fps to 110fps but everything looked better, and wasn't the gamma some say. Grass details, bushes, trees were more lush and had more foliage, water and mirrors had reflections never saw before. Sure the extra bush foliage this is hampering my ability to shoot from behind double bushes (something was used to do), but I prefer the current image quality more making it feel proper game.

Associate
LOL. Let's hope those actually show up :)

I'm interested in how the AMD cards fare. If the 5700XT does get ahead of 2070(S) in time and with driver updates they are a great buy. And I really, really hope AMD are able to compete in the high end before much longer. The market needs it!

Soldato
LOL. Let's hope those actually show up :)

I'm interested in how the AMD cards fare. If the 5700XT does get ahead of 2070(S) in time and with driver updates they are a great buy. And I really, really hope AMD are able to compete in the high end before much longer. The market needs it!

Yeah, most owners report clocks at around 2000Mhz while most mainstream reviewers were on the 1800 range. They show promising results and AIB cards would shine.
And if is that close to 2080 FE performance already, a 64CU (over 50% bigger) Navi chip it would be ridiculous fast. Though might need watercooling, or changes in the process.

Caporegime
Doing a fire strike my card was sitting in the 1900 range at completely stock.
Fan wasn't "loud" but it wasn't quiet.
I'd be perfectly happy with that level of acoustic though.

Did get toasty though.

Think I'll be happy if I get 2150 on the Morpheus overall which I think is achievable.

Caporegime
Because has better texture detail? Others have made YT videos comparing the image quality between AMD and Nvidia. As recent as comparing RIS to DLSS.
If the GPU renders lower quality textures ofc is faster.

I reported that when after 2 1/2 years moved from 1080Ti (and 1080 before that) to Vega 64, and in comparison to my laptop 1060 6GB. The game playing several hours per day (WOT), over the last 9 years, looked so much different, on same settings. Sure went from 150fps to 110fps but everything looked better, and wasn't the gamma some say. Grass details, bushes, trees were more lush and had more foliage, water and mirrors had reflections never saw before. Sure the extra bush foliage this is hampering my ability to shoot from behind double bushes (something was used to do), but I prefer the current image quality more making it feel proper game.

AMD has far better image quality than nvidia always had.nvidia looks soft AMD is more vibrant sharp clearer.

Back
Top Bottom