Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Anyone used Fusso soft 99 Paste wax? I am seriously looking at getting some once i run out of my current wax.
Yeah

Pros :

Beadings like nothing else
Lasts for months
Get a lot in a tin for the money

Cons:
Doesn't smell nice, very chemical smell but that's fine with me
Applying can be difficult if you apply it thick. So work with little product and apply in thin layers then buffoff will be easy
Lid doesn't like staying on the box :D

Overall a great wax for protection but not the best for slickness/gloss

Associate
That's about all I'm going to do on an 18 year old car. That said, only 66k on the clock, so not too shabby. Was a London car originally, so actually not much rust. Even doing the brakes was fine, everything came off without too much issue. I'd imagine that was only ever done once before with these miles.

Just a shame after all that work, the silver colour means you see nothing. At least it feels smooth.
A bit of Gtechniq C4 on that trim and it'll look perfect :)

Soldato
Anyone used Fusso soft 99 Paste wax? I am seriously looking at getting some once i run out of my current wax.
No but I really like Fusso F7 so fast easy and to apply.

I got everything out ready to clean the car this morning and it's raining. Cleaning it tomorrow even if it's raining. Only needs a shampoo and rinse.

Associate
Yeah

Pros :

Beadings like nothing else
Lasts for months
Get a lot in a tin for the money

Cons:
Doesn't smell nice, very chemical smell but that's fine with me
Applying can be difficult if you apply it thick. So work with little product and apply in thin layers then buffoff will be easy
Lid doesn't like staying on the box :D

Overall a great wax for protection but not the best for slickness/gloss

Sounds like a acceptable compromise, I have heard that it can be very hard to buff off if left to long, 5 mins max.

Associate
No but I really like Fusso F7 so fast easy and to apply.

I got everything out ready to clean the car this morning and it's raining. Cleaning it tomorrow even if it's raining. Only needs a shampoo and rinse.

Same here need to just give my wife’s car a once over, I gave it a polish and wax a few weeks ago. So you like the f7?

Soldato
Gave the car its first clean yesterday since applying two coats of Gyeon Mohs. Got to say I'm impressed! It was also nice to see that I didn't balls it up in the application process, it does seem far too simple to apply and remove!
Started with a quick blast with the pressure washer, immediately saw some nice hydrophobic properties and sheeting. Even the alloys, which I painstakingly coated as well, cleaned up nicely with just a jet washer blast.
Everything was even more apparent after cleaning the car too, first time using Gyeon Bathe+ too. Not much suds, but seem to do the job well.

Removed some dry spots with the Cure aftercare stuff, and the car looked brilliant after! Hoping the coating stays well after winter too, so we'll see.......

Soldato
Been trying my hand at waterless washing this week. Living in a flat with no proper water supply means it's difficult to do a proper wash and for some reason the rain had left sandy deposits all over the paintwork.

Was a bit worried with microscratches occuring but plenty of product and a healthy supply of microfibre towels cleaned it up nicely. Definitely a good option for cleaning off light dust and dirt.

Soldato
Any time you touch the paint work irrespective of what products you are using it's degrading the surface even a microfiber towel, that's why rinsing with deionised water and air drying is the best option.

Soldato
Any time you touch the paint work irrespective of what products you are using it's degrading the surface even a microfiber towel, that's why rinsing with deionised water and air drying is the best option.

Fair enough but some of us don't have access to these luxuries. I appreciate waterless washing isn't perfect but the car in question is 10 years old and already has a few scratches so I'm not too concerned.

Soldato
Been trying my hand at waterless washing this week. Living in a flat with no proper water supply means it's difficult
is carrying buckets out - out ? there were some decent buckets, also with guards, pictured a while back
... waiting for my current ones to (inconveniently) break

edit:
A bit of Gtechniq C4 on that trim and it'll look perfect
that stuff seems to be priced like gold dust .. I've used some german sonax which seems to bond well at a fraction of the price applied with a tooth brush on mottled dash/exterior

Soldato
is carrying buckets out - out ? there were some decent buckets, also with guards, pictured a while back
... waiting for my current ones to (inconveniently) break

It was considered but storing/filling the buckets was a bit of hassle. I take it to my parents' once a fortnight for a proper wash but do waterless just as a quick inbetween so it's not like there's huge accumulations of dirt to clean off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom