• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Associate
Mine idles under 1v at 29c. Make sure you have c states and cool n quiet enabled in the bios. You need the latest chipset drivers and use ryzen balanced profile in windows. There is a new ryzen master version out, you need that as well as it reports voltage better.

https://community.amd.com/community...te-5-let-s-talk-clocks-voltages-and-destiny-2
Thanks. the chipset drivers did the job . Under 1.1 volts at idle now .New ryzen master reads it lower now 0.88-0.96 volts at idle

Last edited:
Permabanned
Mine idles under 1v at 29c. Make sure you have c states and cool n quiet enabled in the bios. You need the latest chipset drivers and use ryzen balanced profile in windows. There is a new ryzen master version out, you need that as well as it reports voltage better.

https://community.amd.com/community...te-5-let-s-talk-clocks-voltages-and-destiny-2
same dops to nothing on idle plan

finished fine tuning my 3800cl16 profile now tRC down tRFC down and overnight test ::)
https://bpcprdstorageacc.blob.core....3ac3f4c5b9acf8a49531994f7b93c712598c64a6.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
I dropped a 3700X into my Crosshair VI Hero yesterday and have been extremely impressed so far. After reading about all the horror stories about failure to POST, high idle voltage and memory issues I was fearing the worst, but I seem to have struck it lucky in every sense. No trouble booting first time and everything's working wondefully. Four sticks of B-die running at 3600MHz/CL14 so far (haven't tried anything higher yet), with an 1800MHz FCLK. I could never get even two sticks running at anything above 3466MHz with the 2700X and 2600 I've had in this board (not the first-gen chips, but I had a different memory kit back then). No problems with idle voltage - it sits around 0.9V and stays nice and cool. Was just playing some Assassin's Creed: Odyssey and the CPU was sitting in the 4250-4400MHz range at all times (mostly between 4275MHz and 4325MHz). Considering that so few people have even mentioned X370 during this launch period, and all the issues that people have encountered, it's one of the most simple and easy upgrades I've ever had. Even my 2700X gave me more trouble.

Soldato
I dropped a 3700X into my Crosshair VI Hero yesterday and have been extremely impressed so far. After reading about all the horror stories about failure to POST, high idle voltage and memory issues I was fearing the worst, but I seem to have struck it lucky in every sense. No trouble booting first time and everything's working wondefully. Four sticks of B-die running at 3600MHz/CL14 so far (haven't tried anything higher yet), with an 1800MHz FCLK. I could never get even two sticks running at anything above 3466MHz with the 2700X and 2600 I've had in this board (not the first-gen chips, but I had a different memory kit back then). No problems with idle voltage - it sits around 0.9V and stays nice and cool. Was just playing some Assassin's Creed: Odyssey and the CPU was sitting in the 4250-4400MHz range at all times (mostly between 4275MHz and 4325MHz). Considering that so few people have even mentioned X370 during this launch period, and all the issues that people have encountered, it's one of the most simple and easy upgrades I've ever had. Even my 2700X gave me more trouble.
That's great to hear. I hope my experience is as easy when I manage to get my hands on a 3900X.

Soldato
Sod it, can't be bothered looking at QVL lists this that and the other, just going to order the B450 Carbon through OC or rain forest, probably wait a month for it.. but i only plan on keeping the setup for 2-3 years before upgrading to whatever next big thing is, and it looks like that board has some really good memory support on their list. Looks a good board.

Got some promotional credit so could get it for 101 quid but it's got a bit of a wait before stock. Pointless spending big if this will do i guess.

Soldato
Btw does anyone know what the limitations are with the B450 Carbon bios? I don't see there will be a MAX version of that board.
Feels like a normal BIOS to me, but then I'm not used to all these fancy shmancy graphics on newer BIOSs. There's no overview page like other MSI boards I've used have. Not sure if there's mouse support cos I always use the keyboard.

Ordered the 5700XT and X570 Gaming Edge WiFi this morning.
Should be in a position to build on Saturday, so fingers crossed that everything works a charm out of the box.
The rest of my build is:
Seasonic Focus 750w Gold+
Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16
Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo
Fractal Design Focus G
WD M.2 500GB SSD
Thrown in an extra 2x140mm Bionix case fans to go with the 2x120mm Fractal Silent ones that come with the case; rearranged for a 1x120mm and 1x140mm intake at the front, and 1x120mm (rear) and 140mm (top) exhaust.

I decided that I couldn't wait for the B450 MAX boards, and figured that the 5700XT was performing pretty well in PCIE4 mode thanks to @Panos and his various contributions in the 5700XT owners thread.

Associate
How is your mouse and voltages going guys? I'm still waiting for my 3800x, but people have been complaining about high voltage CPU spikes when they move the mouse

Soldato
I hope they keep the 3700x on sale ( hint @Gibbo ) as I might finally give in an get a new system this week. What started as probably a 3600 and a B450 board now seems to be a 3700x and the Asrock Taichi.

Permabanned
Just finished flashing on my X570 Master. Boost appears back to normal like launch bios where I can hit 4550Mhz on two of my 3800x cores and 4525Mhz on another two and 4475Mhz for the other four. I was previously capped at 4350Mhz on bios F5G.

Soldato
So with my ram passing 400% HCI stable (tested 80% of ram), I can consider it stable?

I mean I thought it was as previously stated I played about 5 hours across 3 games and only got a little bit uncertain when I had a issue in a menu in the new Wolfenstein but it's super stable in BFV and Assassins Creed Odyssey both of which would have thrown the toys out the pram long ago if it wasn't stable. But I thought I'd test it regardless just to make sure.

Associate
So with my ram passing 400% HCI stable (tested 80% of ram), I can consider it stable?

I mean I thought it was as previously stated I played about 5 hours across 3 games and only got a little bit uncertain when I had a issue in a menu in the new Wolfenstein but it's super stable in BFV and Assassins Creed Odyssey both of which would have thrown the toys out the pram long ago if it wasn't stable. But I thought I'd test it regardless just to make sure.

Good to go in that case! Enjoy it. Or start hating yourself and try to overclock :)

Back
Top Bottom