Tenet (2020) - Christoper Nolan

Soldato
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6723592/

Not much known about Chris Nolans latest movie apart from the fact it's out next year, cost about $225 million to make, is “the length of three movies” and stars Kenneth Branagh, Robert Pattinson, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Michael Caine and a few other quite decent stars. It's based in the world of international espionage and that's about the extent of what's known right now.

I've really enjoyed everything he's done to date despite the common criticism that most of his films are emotionless. On the flipside, there were moments in Interstellar that still reduce me to tears on repeat viewings but the soundtrack is largely to thank for that...same with Inception.

His weakest movie in my eyes is The Dark Knight Rises but it's fairly common knowledge now that his heart wasn't in it and he was simply fulfilling his contract with WB.

I'd love to say I will unlikely watch any trailers and simply watch it on release knowing as little as possible. However i'm so eager to see anything from the new film i'll probably leap on any trailer that comes out.

Soldato
Loved Interstellar... hated Dunkirk. It really is toss a coin as far as his films go... :p

I know one thing for sure... I won't be enduring another miserable experience at the BFI for this. I have no idea why anyone goes there. :/

Soldato
I thought Dunkirk was dull and the messy timeline just annoyed me. I know people say it's stylish but I just think it's arrogant style over stage.
Hopefully Tenet will be good though.

Soldato
My main problem with Dunkirk was I didn't think it captured the sheer scale of the event, although that may be just down to how I imagined it.

Anyway, they're not always great, but at least Nolan's films are usually interesting enough to spark some healthy debate.

Soldato
I enjoyed Interstellar, but have absolutely no interest in seeing it again.

The middle Batman film is the only one I really liked (I think it's amazing) and I thought Inception was very good indeed. Dunkirk was a bit meh, I wish he had just told us a straight story, the timelines coming together was clever but a gimmick and it really added nothing at all.

I wish they had asked him to do the Bond films instead of Sam Mendez. I think he could have saved the franchise from the train wreck it is now.

Soldato
Loved Memento, Prestige, first 2 batmen and Inception.

Interstellar and 3rd batman were meh.

Dunkirk doesn't interest me and I skipped Man of Steel.

Same here for me, I like some of his films but I don't believe he is some mystical "OMG the greatest" director in the way some people react to him with the usual "how can you not think Dunkirk is amazing?????" etc :D

Soldato
Worked great for me

My wife couldn't follow it though, even though I didn't think it was particularly difficult. The film even tells you 1 week, 1 day, 1 hour.

I could follow it fine, Sunshine of a Spotless Mind is one of top 10 movies of all time. It just wasn't necessary in the least and for a story like this and was just a gimick,

Soldato
Loved Memento, Prestige, first 2 batmen and Inception.

Interstellar and 3rd batman were meh.

Dunkirk doesn't interest me and I skipped Man of Steel.

Concerned about '3 movies long' though, my poor bladder, haha

similar to me but i thought inception was average and spend too much time constantly explaining everything - yeah i got it the first time, i'm not an idiot.
Interstellar i hated - they claimed to use real physics, which was nonsense, and the ending is so contrived it made me angry.
Not seen dunkirk but man of steel was also rubbish - thats synders fault though mainly.

Back
Top Bottom