** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
I've bought the 850 to use with my one x and noticed it has bad motion blur when playing fifa. Is there any way to eliminate this?
I dont have the monitor but based on comments above make sure the monitor overdrive setting is set to fast rather than fastest. Otherwise make sure the hz is properly set on both the monitor and the one x (likely you have already done this but worth mentioning in case)

Soldato
I dont have the monitor but based on comments above make sure the monitor overdrive setting is set to fast rather than fastest. Otherwise make sure the hz is properly set on both the monitor and the one x (likely you have already done this but worth mentioning in case)

I literally tried this after posting and it has got rid of the motion blur :)

Associate
I have;
i7 2600k (4.3ghz)
Vega 56 (950/1k)
16gb ddr3 ram

Currently game at 1080p on 22”

Would my system be good enough to step up to this monitor and resolution?
Or would I be better to upgrade to Ryzen 3?
I’m hoping that the Vega 56 is good enough to run at 1440p as have only owned this a few months.

Just need to work out where to put the money as I’m told 1440p is a nice upgrade from 1080p. Or would the fact jumping from 22 to 27 negate the effect?
I sit at my PC desk in my chair so around 2 foot away.

Thanks in advance

Associate
Your system will be fine with 2560x1440 144hz.
Change the monitor first.
Later you could upgrade gpu rx5700/gtx 1080ti
You could Oc your cpu 4.6 ghz should be easy to achieve

Last edited:
Associate
Currently playing Division 2, Wildlands and have a massive back catalogue of Steam games to catch up on.
I don’t play competitively, however like to play some solo adventure/FPS/RPG games ‘looking pretty’. So I guess 60fps is ideal for me (not really compared FPS massively)

If I had to choose between mono/cpu/memory and a monitor upgrade (not ready for graphics card just yet as just bought) and for gaming only....you reckon I would get a better experience from upgrading my monitor rather than system?

My only fear is spending a massive amount (£450 on a monitor triples any spend I have had on a monitor) on a monitor for higher res and then my system being brought to its knees and not being good enough to operate at the higher resololution!?

Would the higher res, just make the graphics card run harder rather than the CPU? (If settings stayed the same and only res was increased from 1080p to 1440p?

Sorry for all the ??
It’s just choosing to spend £450 and if I will get the value from it?

Going from a Samsung 22” to 27” and being sat in front. Will this be too big in my vision?
Also would 27” 1440p still look better than 22”1080p for crispness or would it look the same just larger?

Finally sorry for all the questions, just thought be better to ask all at once rather than back and fourth.
Also going to go to sleep after night shift shortly and hoping that most questions I have are covered so can decide if to put cash towards a buying a build now and screen later or screen now and build later??

Thanks all in advance for reading this far and any help is greatly appreciated and can take any advice to help others in the future

Soldato

Without question the monitor. In fact my philosophy is to always go for display first, that's why I invested into a good 4K TV even when I only had an RX480 - you get a huge picture quality improvement no matter what you do & that always carries over as you upgrade the system; plus there's all sorts of neat upscaling tricks which can lower performance demands but still look incredible. Going from 22'' to 27'' will definitely feel big at first but you'll be surprised how quickly you get used to it. As for pixel density, 1440p 27'' is still a bit higher than 1080p 22''. The good thing of going up in resolution is that it makes your GPU the weak link rather than the rest of the system, so in your case that's good because the V56 is great card. I play at 4K with a V64 so as you can imagine at 1440p you'll have 0 issues with it.

Associate
Going from a Samsung 22” to 27” and being sat in front. Will this be too big in my vision?
Also would 27” 1440p still look better than 22”1080p for crispness or would it look the same just larger?

Assuming 16:9 ratio, going from a 22" to a 27" is roughly a 50% screen area size increase. The PPI for 1080p 22" is 100.1. The PPI for 27" 1440p is 108.7, an 8.5% increase.

So what you would be doing is increasing your display size by 50% while maintaining (actually increasing slightly) your visual pixel resolution if you sit the same distance away.

And 27" 1440p is a perfectly fine display size. A lot of people find it to be just the right amount of screen, myself included! :D

Associate
I'm ready for mine :D Currently have a 24" 1080p 144hz & 27" 1440p IPS 60hz so it's like they have had a baby. Just this one will come in the post :D Ready! :D

Associate
Assuming 16:9 ratio, going from a 22" to a 27" is roughly a 50% screen area size increase. The PPI for 1080p 22" is 100.1. The PPI for 27" 1440p is 108.7, an 8.5% increase.

So what you would be doing is increasing your display size by 50% while maintaining (actually increasing slightly) your visual pixel resolution if you sit the same distance away.

And 27" 1440p is a perfectly fine display size. A lot of people find it to be just the right amount of screen, myself included! :D

I'm also in this exact situation, was actually looking for 25" monitors at first as I thought 27" 1440p might seem too big from 22" 1080p, but seeing it on reviews, it doesn't actually seem that bad, even in the Linus video and he's tiny.

I almost pre ordered this but think my 1060 6GB definitely won't handle 1440p 144hz, I know it's G-sync compatible but I don't know if I'd even get 60hz at 1440p. Doesn't help I have a 9600K which I think should still be OK for most games short term.

I legitimately need a bigger res screen for work purposes, but I'm not going to forget about gaming either, so likely have to buy this and a 2070 Super or equivalent at once, think I'd rather wait for the 3000 series for GPU upgrade.

Anyone else running 1440p and 144hz or closest possible gsync hz on a 1060 6GB? Really wouldn't mind picking this up soon then a GPU upgrade at Xmas, but not if it'll ruin all my games, I often game with a lot of other stuff running too.

Suspended
I got the PG279Q, and I abolute love the size at 1440P. Have used 27 - 1440P for a long time, it's perfect. My next upgrade would possible be 4K at 32 inch. Or 38 UW :)

Associate
Hopefully by the end of today we'll have some certainty for when we'll get them, but should the distributor refuse it again I hope some alternative arrangement will be made.

Back
Top Bottom