Commodore Amiga owners thread!

Soldato
Cheat code: jammmmmm (keep pressing m until the screen flips)

I, weirdly, remember quite a few cheats for games on the Amiga :)

Man of Honour
Update on the Armiga. Recived a usb-barrel cable today. SD card in it had some firmware already...
Damn thing works perfectly at first look. £25 well spent. :D

Permabanned
Quite possibly the greatest football game ever created! There was even a port on the 360 of all things.
Kick off 2 was better than SWOS, too easy to score on SWOS. Kick off you need more skill to play well but was more rewarding. TYhe goalies in Kick off 1 and the Data Disc extra time there poor but Kick Off 2 Goalies are good.

Soldato
Did you ever see the one for New Zealand Story? Classic :)
That one was a lot ruder from memory (enough to not post it here!) though I think you could type 'flufffykiwis' for the same effect. I used to get them mixed up a lot.

Some of my favourite ones:

The one I remember finding myself was Cyberdyne Warrior on the C64. Plug the joystick into port 1 then do up down left right and fire. Only cheat I've ever found (apart from Action Replay ones).

Treasure Island Dizzy - pause the game then type 'icanfly' for flight and 'eggsonlegs' for invulnerability (apart from the traps!)

Bonus:

On the AtariST the cheat is the same for Batman except it's reversed so majjjjjjj

M.

Permabanned
That one was a lot ruder from memory (enough to not post it here!) though I think you could type 'flufffykiwis' for the same effect. I used to get them mixed up a lot.

Some of my favourite ones:

The one I remember finding myself was Cyberdyne Warrior on the C64. Plug the joystick into port 1 then do up down left right and fire. Only cheat I've ever found (apart from Action Replay ones).

Treasure Island Dizzy - pause the game then type 'icanfly' for flight and 'eggsonlegs' for invulnerability (apart from the traps!)

Bonus:

On the AtariST the cheat is the same for Batman except it's reversed so majjjjjjj

M.
Did you ever do the monster seventeen cheat? What game was that Mac on the Amiga?

Soldato
I never really cheated in many games. I just remember them for some reason.

Turrican 2: Press space to get into the music menu then press 1 4 2 escape escape (infinite lives - no score)

Shadow of the Beast two - run to the right when near the guard (not too far) press A and then type ten pints - infinite energy!

That will do for today :)

M.

Associate
I never really cheated in many games. I just remember them for some reason.

Turrican 2: Press space to get into the music menu then press 1 4 2 escape escape (infinite lives - no score)

Shadow of the Beast two - run to the right when near the guard (not too far) press A and then type ten pints - infinite energy!

That will do for today :)

M.
cheating? SotB maybe, as that was impossible. No need to cheat on Turrican 2 though. Easy on the Amiga and C64

Soldato
It was fairly easy - especially once you knew the secrets but there were some bits, especially if you've not played the game before or that often, which would destroy your lives. Traps on level 2, the shoot-em-up bits when you loose your weapons.

I'm much better at it now though.

SOTB1/2 (3 was relatively easy) were a nightmare. It didn't matter if you cheated as you could go the wrong way and end up in as good as dead (i.e. miss the rope jump in SOTB2).

M.

Associate
I have A A1200 and the hard drive died, Im looking at the cf hard drives with WB pre installed, are they legal to sell that way or should I just buy the parts and install my own workbench onto the cf card ?

Associate
I guess if you already have that version of work bench I'm not sure there's any issues there?? I mean, like for like I guess? What version do you have? If my bad memory serves me correct, the Amiga 1200 did come with two versions of the ROMs, 3.0 and 3.1 so it would be a choice of those two I think?

Associate
I guess if you already have that version of work bench I'm not sure there's any issues there?? I mean, like for like I guess? What version do you have? If my bad memory serves me correct, the Amiga 1200 did come with two versions of the ROMs, 3.0 and 3.1 so it would be a choice of those two I think?

I have the Escom version with 3.1 roms and 3.1 workbench the ones from a Auction site have 3.1 or 3.9 the thing is with Amiga forever which I already have you get all versions of workbench, I just don't know if its a grey area buying one with it installed. It would be a lot less hassle just plugging it in and it booting into workbench.

Associate
I have the Escom version with 3.1 roms and 3.1 workbench the ones from a Auction site have 3.1 or 3.9 the thing is with Amiga forever which I already have you get all versions of workbench, I just don't know if its a grey area buying one with it installed. It would be a lot less hassle just plugging it in and it booting into workbench.

Then I don't see a problem in using the CF card with 3.1 already installed. You are basically just replacing the HD.

Back
Top Bottom