Commodore Amiga owners thread!

Soldato
I own a A1200 and a A500, both work and the A1200 is recapped.

The sad thing however is I don't use them, I keep intending to load some games but not got around to it.

I actually had an Amiga A500 back in 1987, use to go local Amiga club back in the day.

Soldato
I own a A1200 and a A500, both work and the A1200 is recapped.

The sad thing however is I don't use them, I keep intending to load some games but not got around to it.

I actually had an Amiga A500 back in 1987, use to go local Amiga club back in the day.
Have a look at one of the many Amiga meets if that's your thing. There's nothing that rekindles the passion more than seeing the Amiga scene in full swing with like minded folk.

Have a look at the SWAG (South West Amiga Group) meets on YouTube. I hear the South London Amiga Group (****) is now set up.

Soldato
Have a look at one of the many Amiga meets if that's your thing. There's nothing that rekindles the passion more than seeing the Amiga scene in full swing with like minded folk.

Have a look at the SWAG (South West Amiga Group) meets on YouTube. I hear the South London Amiga Group (****) is now set up.

I looked at local Amiga clubs put can't see any near me, I'm near Nantwich is there anything local to there.

DHR

DHR

Soldato
I have the A500+ I've had since Christmas 1991.

It's in bits still, started a cleanup / refurb process on it last year and never finished it, managed to even source a Philips monitor too but that needs a bit of work as well.

I've been on the hunt for an A1200 or higher for an age but the prices just seem out of control now which I'm sad about to say the least!

I looked at local Amiga clubs put can't see any near me, I'm near Nantwich is there anything local to there.

@JasonM not far from you so if you do find anything let me know!

Last edited:
Soldato
I have the A500+ I've had since Christmas 1991.

It's in bits still, started a cleanup / refurb process on it last year and never finished it, managed to even source a Philips monitor too but that needs a bit of work as well.

I've been on the hunt for an A1200 or higher for an age but the prices just seem out of control now which I'm sad about to say the least!

@JasonM not far from you so if you do find anything let me know!

If I find anything local I will post in this thread.

Out of curiosity Crewe had a large Amiga club back in the day. if your local did you attend it?

Reactions: DHR

DHR

DHR

Soldato
If I find anything local I will post in this thread.

Out of curiosity Crewe had a large Amiga club back in the day. if your local did you attend it?

I've only been this end of the north west 15 year or so. Never went to any back then I was too young to go on my tod and the family had no interest :( It's a big life regret tbh as I used to follow the demo, ps and cracking scene but never met any like minded folk or had access to the bbs systems!

Soldato
I've only been this end of the north west 15 year or so. Never went to any back then I was too young to go on my tod and the family had no interest :( It's a big life regret tbh as I used to follow the demo, ps and cracking scene but never met any like minded folk or had access to the bbs systems!

The Amiga club was in the Cross Keys pub, then it moved to Early Of Crewe on Nantwich Road, well before Aldi knocked it down. There was a lot of people attending, then the PC's started appearing in the club, this was the period of the 80486. It was games like XWing and Doom that caused people to sell the Amiga's. I turned up once with a PC with a Gravis Ultrasound sound card in it, the Amiga people could not believe a PC could output such high quality sound!

Back in the day we use to serial connect Stunt Car Racer (had 7 people once, but game allows 8 players), and also serial link Lotus Turbo Challenge II. I had a lot of good times around the Amiga. I even programmed the Amiga a little Pascal and Amiga Basic.

I had my Amiga 500 from 1987 until around 1997 when it was sold to someone in family that I regret. The A500 and A1200 I have purchased much later.

Going back very very far there was another computer club in Crewe, it was in the hall for the Crewe Church. Those computers were spectrum and commodore 64, the Atari ST was coming in near the end. I had an Atari 400, and BBC Micro also.

I've been around computers from about 7 years old, I use to build electronics kits from Tandy in Crewe even before this time.

Back in 1997 I went to a large Quake meeting in Blackpool called Frenzy, it was in the Norbreck Castle Hotel, maybe 100 PC's all lan connected. This post has cast all my mind back, it was all good times.

Last edited:

DHR

DHR

Soldato
I still think there is room for such events now without doubt, the demo scene is still alive and kicking hard in Europe it's great. I wouldn't stand a chance competition wise but going to one of the scene parties is on my to do list

Soldato
I used to go to a really cool Amiga computer club in Ellesmere port back in the day, i dont suppose you ever went to that did you? it was essentially 3 hrs on a ........ weds iirc night pirating games in the british legion pub ... it was a really odd mix of people playing "modern" computer games along with old blokes playing indoor bowls :D

I got my amiga 500 in xmas 1988 i think it was, it came with ECO, wizball (brilliant game that i still play to this day, i loved it on my speccy and even better on the amiga) terrorpods, obliterator and barbarian (psygnosis). I also bought an A1200 complete with massive 80mb HDD when that launched (and made the mistake of buying a CD32 as well but we wont talk about that!!!)

Last edited:
Soldato
I used to go to a really cool Amiga computer club in Ellesmere port back in the day, i dont suppose you ever went to that did you? it was essentially 3 hrs on a ........ weds iirc night pirating games in the british legion pub ... it was a really odd mix of people playing "modern" computer games along with old blokes playing indoor bowls :D

I got my amiga 500 in xmas 1988 i think it was, it came with ECO, wizball (brilliant game that i still play to this day, i loved it on my speccy and even better on the amiga) terrorpods, obliterator and barbarian (psygnosis). I also bought an A1200 complete with massive 80mb HDD when that launched (and made the mistake of buying a CD32 as well but we wont talk about that!!!)

I never went to the Ellesmere port one, I only attended the Crewe ones. These were the same, everyone using XCopy!

You had your A500 about same time as me. Was your A500 a workbench 1.2 version with the red led power light?

Soldato
I never went to the Ellesmere port one, I only attended the Crewe ones. These were the same, everyone using XCopy!

You had your A500 about same time as me. Was your A500 a workbench 1.2 version with the red led power light?
workbench 1.3 I think .... most importantly tho it guru meditated unlike my A1200
I remember being blown away by the speech synthesis

Last edited:
Soldato
workbench 1.3 I think .... most importantly tho it guru meditated unlike my A1200
I remember being blown away by the speech synthesis

Amiga was a huge jump for home computing, prior to the Amiga I had a BBC micro. One thing with Amiga is they kept pushing the software, near the end there was games like Project X.

Associate
Sounds exiting! I hope everything works fine and you got some good CD32 games with it.
I had my CD32 for many years now and build up quite the collection for it :D

Here is a bunch of games that I can recommend trying out.
Most of these games has some form of enhancements over the disk versions like CD audio, FMV and extra levels.
MxGs1.jpg

Zool-Fighting-Banshee-CD32.jpg

Associate
Amiga fans in Peterboro or travellable distances might enjoy SPAG when it meets... I went to one (near my mum's house) and was nice to chat with like-minded peeps

Back
Top Bottom