*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
Can't believe this is still selling at 280 GBP. It's a toy ffs.

Not to mention the parts used are as cheap as chips. It's typical Nintendo.

Also, Nintendo charging for online is laughable. A service which used to be free, until now.

Associate
A £280 toy that not only has great Nintendo exclusives and also decent 3rd party games that also gets released on PS4/Xbone/PC that can play portable and on TV sounds like a good deal to me.
If you can find a laptop or alternative for £280 that can deliver the same amount of joy then do share mate.
The PSvita was about £200 brand new at the time and that had potential to be great but no one over the west and game publishers did not give it the support it needed.
The PSP was also a good handheld but did not get the same amount as success in comparison to the DS over the west but was successful in Asia.
The 3DS was originally sold for £200 and even then it mainly got nintendo exclusive titles and few remade of the same game that got published on consoles, while switch got the same full fledge game.
A £80 increase to have capability to play full-fledge game that is also available on other platform seems like a good deal to me.
The online I do agree Nintendo needs to work on a lot more as they charge it but i'm sure it will get better, I do recall the original Xbox live being expensive at the time compared to when they started using it properly on the 360.
PS3 online service was free too until they changed it to have PSN+.

Soldato

Also, Nintendo charging for online is laughable. A service which used to be free, until now.
Yeah.....ok, thanks for that.

Switch the biggest selling console from Nintendo in recent years. Everyone(apart from you) loves the console and so do developers.

Associate
LOL if the Switch is an expensive toy, what is the PS4 Pro or One X. This expensive toy isnt doing to bad, its keeping pace with PS4 sales at the same point in its lifespan and that is the fastest selling "toy" of all time.

Nice Trolling

Soldato
Has anyone reliable done a tear down of the new revision yet? Saw a video yesterday where the host claimed that the new screen was brighter and more accurate temperature-wise, and that the stick housings were new, maybe to mitigate drift. Can't find the video now though. :rolleyes:

Man of Honour

The Xbox One X is also a toy and that costs even more!

Man of Honour
Has anyone reliable done a tear down of the new revision yet? Saw a video yesterday where the host claimed that the new screen was brighter and more accurate temperature-wise, and that the stick housings were new, maybe to mitigate drift. Can't find the video now though. :rolleyes:

Spawnwave showed that the stick will still suffer from drift, but the antennae position in the right joycon has moved.

Associate
Austin did a brief tear down, he found that the battery is still the same size and the only difference he can find is the EMC flash and the smaller tegra chip.

Associate
I firmly believe that the Switch is completely overpriced for what you get and I think that the Switch Lite offers even less value than the original. When you compare the Switch to a pc or Xbox/Playsation you just don't get good value for money as it offers way less. If you are going to buy one then make sure that you get the original as at least then you can link it to a tv. I found this infographic earlier which shows the comparison between the two Switch models if anyone is interested.

Switch%20Infographic%20%281%29.png

Image Source: My Favourite Voucher Codes

Soldato
I firmly believe that the Switch is completely overpriced for what you get and I think that the Switch Lite offers even less value than the original. When you compare the Switch to a pc or Xbox/Playsation you just don't get good value for money as it offers way less. If you are going to buy one then make sure that you get the original as at least then you can link it to a tv. I found this infographic earlier which shows the comparison between the two Switch models if anyone is interested.
The Switch is worth whatever the public is willing to pay for it, and judging by the sale figures it's priced just fine. You're not just paying for the hardware you're paying for access to it's exclusives and it's ability to play those exclusives and ports of current and last gen games on the go with great ease and performance. I agree the lite's docking capability omission is questionable but it'll still sell like hotcakes.

Soldato

Can you pick up your PS4 or Xbox and play it on the train?

Back
Top Bottom