BMW and M Power Owners

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I don't really want to code it out, can you code it to be switched off by default and possibility to switch on using the on/off switch?
You can code it into three states;

1) Default on
2) Default off
3) Remember last setting

You cant code it "out" as such. Very annoying feature, really dumb and intrusive imo, although my BMW with this is a diesel so perhaps not as seamless as a petrol might be.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I assume so, to be fair she didn’t ask and they (Stratstone BMW) just seemed to have disabled it completely, the switch became redundant.
That isnt a state that i am aware that it can be coded to, nor would the main dealer be allowed to disable it to my knowledge, as it is an emissions feature. Strange..:confused:

Soldato
How stupid am I not having warranty no my Z4 35is? Just had the renewal through, £552/year which is a nice discount on before BUT I'm starting to feel like it's a pretty solid car. I know I know, that's when it goes wrong!
But it's a 64 plate, so I believe it has the latest revision injectors and water pump which are two major N54 issues. Yes there's still the adaptive suspension which is big bucks to fix, and the roof I guess? I just feel like if it was going to need anything it would have happened by now (64 plate, 42000 miles) and it feels tight as a drum to drive still.

I'm going to regret it aren't I :p.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
£500 a year I'd keep it locked in until I sold it - trust me, bills can get ridiculous (4.5k on my adaptive suspension :eek: - that's 10 years of your warranty costs)

Soldato
How stupid am I not having warranty no my Z4 35is? Just had the renewal through, £552/year which is a nice discount on before BUT I'm starting to feel like it's a pretty solid car. I know I know, that's when it goes wrong!
But it's a 64 plate, so I believe it has the latest revision injectors and water pump which are two major N54 issues. Yes there's still the adaptive suspension which is big bucks to fix, and the roof I guess? I just feel like if it was going to need anything it would have happened by now (64 plate, 42000 miles) and it feels tight as a drum to drive still.

Depends who the warranty is with? BMW extended is very good from what I hear. I had Autoprotect warranty that I had added to my Z4 (only paid £200 for "full" cover mind, which should've been a warning itself) when I bought it and they squirmed out of paying a penny on everything and wanted to send their own inspectors out before carrying any work out. Real pain in the ass. If you have a reliable one then there aren't many issues on the more recent E89's that would be of concern. That said, sods law and all that.. :p

Caporegime
That isnt a state that i am aware that it can be coded to, nor would the main dealer be allowed to disable it to my knowledge, as it is an emissions feature. Strange..:confused:
Think it was a 3rd party mobile sparky who actually disabled it rather than Stratstone even though the car was at their premises,I remember her being annoyed about them either being unable or unwilling to do it themselves because it meant she had a long return trip to Derby on the given day he visited the dealer.

Man of Honour
Think it was a 3rd party mobile sparky who actually disabled it rather than Stratstone even though the car was at their premises,I remember her being annoyed about them either being unable or unwilling to do it themselves because it meant she had a long return trip to Derby on the given day he visited the dealer.

A BMW dealer called a third party mobile electronics guy to disable a software feature on a car for which they have dealer level diagnostic equipment?

Really?

Soldato
I don't really want to code it out, can you code it to be switched off by default and possibility to switch on using the on/off switch?

I coded mine myself to remember the last state it was in, so if switched off when I start the car it's off etc...

Pretty easy to do, you just need an ENET connector which plugs into the OBD port, a network cable and a laptop with the E-Sys software installed. The software is available for download on the internet.

Associate

Keep it. I know mines a different car but I pay over £800 (+ 250 excess) a year for mine and have done now for 4/5 years and that a bargain considering the amount of warranty work I have had done and the cost of some of it. 1 repair cost more than 4 years worth of warranty and its been in at least once every year for something.

Back
Top Bottom