**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Thread ****

Soldato
Battery life for me too is a bit meh. I've been letting it get to 5% before recharging to 100%, is this needed anymore?

Nope. You should still do it every so often, but you don't need to. :)

Could be a mixture of things I guess, v. bright screen mixed with lots of white screens during screen on, poor signal and it searching constantly to make it stronger.. Hopefully should improve. :)

Soldato
So after hearing about the mate 30 pro and google issue.

I Received a note10+ 5G today from Samsung UK. Passing the S10+ Snapdragon to the wife to replace her iPhone.

Phone is certainly a looker.

Using a Vodafone 5g sim and when inserting it into the phone it showed no WiFi calling. Had to pop on over to Vodafone live chat for them to send an OTA update to provision the phone which worked quite well.

From what I understand they don’t make a Snapdragon 5G model do they? Also why on earth did they leave dual sim out on the 5G?

I’m not too fussed about the headphone jack as using the Galaxy buds.

Other than that no complaints so far, too early to talk about battery life

Looks like this is going to be a keeper for at least until Note 11 is out

Soldato
So after hearing about the mate 30 pro and google issue.

I Received a note10+ 5G today from Samsung UK. Passing the S10+ Snapdragon to the wife to replace her iPhone.

Phone is certainly a looker.

Using a Vodafone 5g sim and when inserting it into the phone it showed no WiFi calling. Had to pop on over to Vodafone live chat for them to send an OTA update to provision the phone which worked quite well.

From what I understand they don’t make a Snapdragon 5G model do they? Also why on earth did they leave dual sim out on the 5G?

I’m not too fussed about the headphone jack as using the Galaxy buds.

Other than that no complaints so far, too early to talk about battery life

Looks like this is going to be a keeper for at least until Note 11 is out

Something to do with the size and power usage of 5G module for no dual sim versions yet ..S11 maybe then the N11

Soldato
Not particularly impressed with the battery life so far.

That's pretty bad! I'm able to get 6-8hours SoT without any issues. I have found in the past poor signal can be a battery killer though.

Battery life for me too is a bit meh. I've been letting it get to 5% before recharging to 100%, is this needed anymore?

That's never been required. Ideally 20-80% is the best for battery health. Running low and fully charged as well as fast charging is what does the harm. But none of which are likely to affect the battery health in the life of the phone.

Soldato
The screen on these really is superb. Comparing YouTube HDR content for example the Note 10 resolves far more shadow detail than my XS Max and also far better at not blowing out the highlights. Just wish the screen was flat!

Associate
I'm not a big 'screen on time user' at work, I tend to use the phone for usual stuff like calls, texts, emails etc with some internet browsing in the week but at weekends it gets more hammer, using the apps and functions more.

But this is the first phone I can safely say I can take to work and use for 2 days without charging. I did this with the Note 9 but only at weekends when I knew there was a charger nearby but not at work (no USB type c chargers at work)

Associate
Has anyone else lost their outlook notifications to Gear S3? I noticed that I'm not getting these anymore, for email or calendar events (or anything for that matter). It is set up for all email notifications in outlook, and outlook is enabled for notifications in the gear app.

Soldato
Has anyone else lost their outlook notifications to Gear S3? I noticed that I'm not getting these anymore, for email or calendar events (or anything for that matter). It is set up for all email notifications in outlook, and outlook is enabled for notifications in the gear app.

Working fine here. I only use outlook for email but they come through on my S3 just fine.

Associate
Have you tried untick notifications option in the gear app on the phone reboot both then re enable

I've tried that, tried reinstalling outlook and gear app. I'm getting gmail notifications from the sammy email app on the watch, but not for outlook.
Not a real deal-breaker, some others online are having similar issues, so just wait and see...

Thanks though.

Soldato
I've tried that, tried reinstalling outlook and gear app. I'm getting gmail notifications from the sammy email app on the watch, but not for outlook.
Not a real deal-breaker, some others online are having similar issues, so just wait and see...

Thanks though.

Have you checked under permissions make sure outlook is not blocked ?

Associate
I've given outlook the full set, even camera permissions - which I don't think it had on my note 9, that used to work just fine.

Associate
Great minds! I've just spent the last while doing just that, factory reset of phone and watch, reconfigure the lot. I just restored messages/files from smart-switch, and we're back in business.

Back
Top Bottom