**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Thread ****

Soldato
Great minds! I've just spent the last while doing just that, factory reset of phone and watch, reconfigure the lot. I just restored messages/files from smart-switch, and we're back in business.

Glad you got it sorted , noticed new 60mb update for gear manager this morning too

Associate
Got burnt on this one. The phone does not have a Digital-to-Analog converter (DAC) chip inside it & so your UBS-C to headjack must instead. The one from my Mate 10 Pro doesn't work due to not containing the DAC chip inside but atleast they are only a few pounds online.

Read more at:
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...m-headphone-adapters/articleshow/70847911.cms

Also the 45w charger will need USB Power Delivery & more importantly PPS (Programmable Power Supply) to charge at full 45w, without both it will not work, regardless of the potential of your charger (eg 65w Dell's).

Read more at:
https://www.androidcentral.com/best-45w-note-10-plus-chargers

Otherwise loving the phone a lot.

Soldato
Soldato
I know it's based around PD which is supposed to be Open Source tech but this is getting dangerously close to proprietary charging tech - much like OnePlus, which is one of the reasons I sold my 6T and went back to Samsung with the S10e. At least with that I know I'll get 15W charge with pretty much all the adapters I have between home and work and if I need another one I can buy from the rainforest for under a tenner. If I wanted a replacement fast charger for my 6T it was a minimum £20 outlay to get one (and a cable) direct from OP.
The idea of 45W charging is excellent but not if you have to buy a specific Samsung charger for it and then upgrade in a year or so to a different manufacturer and then effectively have to start all over again. I hope it is just a case that Samsung are aheas of the trend, I had read this somewhere, and that eventually more manufacturers will join in.

Soldato
Has anyone found a suitable usb c to 3.5mm adaptor that works yet?

Its annoying me that most of the accessories are still listed as "coming soon" on the samsung website.

Associate
Any that specifically say they have a DAC chip in them. Loads to pick from on the rainforest. Mine is manufactured by Kolpop

Soldato
Grabbed a Tech21 evo check case today for the Note10+

Doesn’t disappoint, really nice case, comes with interchangeable side buttons now too, green, yellow and black are supplied.

Associate
OMG I dropped the phone from head height onto concrete face first, thought I'd smashed the screen but luckily the factory fitted screen protector saved it!!! not a scratch!! thanks samsung!!!!

Now I have to replace the screen protector can anyone recommend me good one please?

so relieved!

Back
Top Bottom