**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Associate
Biggest problem with pixel 4 are those huge bezels, well mainly the top one.....
Which is literally one of the last important aspects of a phone for me. Most phones might look better but end up wrapped up in a case, and phones without bezels always seem a bit fiddly to use. Each to their own!

Man of Honour
Maybe a stupid question but how does Face Unlock replace Finger Print ID? Does the app need to support it or it's done in background/
It'll work the same as fingerprint afaik, as in it's system based and apps just hook into whichever verification method is available.

Soldato
I think I have said this the past three years but the internals must have some serious upgrades because the externals certainly haven't!
It seems Google have decided against any sort of notch/cutout and just gone for the Rihanna forehead.

Soldato
I only wish it had slightly bigger bottom bezel as well. ;) Really don't get the obsession with curved/ edge to edge screens, I'm 39 so it might be age thing, though I'm glad that Google caters for normal users. :p

I'll probably get the non-XL version in Orange :D

Soldato
Oh god another mid range phone from google...why do they bother.

Because this phone will run everything that any other phone can run, take consistently better pictures than any other Android phone due to class leading computational photography, has better security than any other phone, will get Android updates faster than any other phone and doesn't come bloated with poor "and me" apps such as a Galaxy app store.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. That's the beauty of having choice.

Soldato
Because this phone will run everything that any other phone can run, take consistently better pictures than any other Android phone due to class leading computational photography, has better security than any other phone, will get Android updates faster than any other phone and doesn't come bloated with poor "and me" apps such as a Galaxy app store.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. That's the beauty of having choice.

And yet it will be priced at about £750+ with mid range specs.
What google should do is wait till the next chipset is out.

Oneplus is nearly as fast with updates. But if you want to pay that kind of cash for the camera.
Go buy a real camera.

Soldato

Oneplus is nearly as fast with updates. But if you want to pay that kind of cash for the camera.
Go buy a real camera.

Please shhh now. I don't want to carry a camera around with me as well as a phone.

It is far from mid range! It might have a slightly older cpu purely based on when the phone release cycle is but come on...

Soldato

Go buy a real camera.

That might have been the case few years ago. OnePlus is now asking top price. 3 years ago I bought first gen Pixel and my GF got OnePlus 3, sure she saved 250 quid or so but to this day my takes better pictures and feels nicer to use.

Soldato
The only oneplus to go for is the 7pro and its too bloody cumbersome, plus just no to the curved screen. And the camera is average ville.

And no carrying a separate cam is just stupid.

Back
Top Bottom