• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Associate
Thanks mate. Will get the old drivers installed and start messing
Without power plate table mods you would run out of power limit way before those voltages. There was one user that did kill his card many pages back on this owners page!
With the block on you can run stock (1800) @ -100mv, i'd try 1900 @ -50mv too and see how you get on. You may get to around 2000mhz ish on your wattman default voltage. All with no extra power limit.
I was running 1900 @ 1000mv/ 1140HBM before the drivers broke to give you an idea of a lean 24/7 undervolt OC.

Associate
I've been comparing stock cooling with water with another user. We were looking at how much difference it is - air and water overclocked cards.
It was 12% in far cry benchmark.

Associate
I've been comparing stock cooling with water with another user. We were looking at how much difference it is - air and water overclocked cards.
It was 12% in far cry benchmark.
I would be good to compare the wattage use for a said clock too air vs water. The better cooling and lower temps should reduce leakage and in turn save a little wattage.

Caporegime
1950 core set, HBM stock, 1109mv. Seems to hit about 1920 ish on average. Still showing huge dips in both Power concumption and core clock in Wattman but doesn't seem to affect Heaven.
Engineering were not able to reproduce the issue so far. Hopefully we get more reports to aid a successful internal reproduction.

In the meantime you can use Radeon Overlay @Chud_Jenny to increase the core clock and then save that profile for easier activation.

Associate
Engineering were not able to reproduce the issue so far. Hopefully we get more reports to aid a successful internal reproduction.

In the meantime you can use Radeon Overlay @Chud_Jenny to increase the core clock and then save that profile for easier activation.

Thank Matt, I'll update to latest drivers again then and try applying the profile in Overlay

Associate
Got round to taking some photos last night, sorry if they are large as I'm doing this from my phone:

Piccys :
mURDy0F.jpg

gfgoQhL.jpg

HZ9g2cU.jpg

So, after last night playing about, quite happy with core set to 2025 at 1108mv which hovers around 1995 to 2000 in game with temps nudging late 60s. Happy with that for everyday I reckon. Did play about with 2050 and 1150mv but couldn't get it stable and was nervous going above that with what ChudJenny said about some chap frying his card! All with the old drivers. Will update today and see if I can get the clocks to stick

Edit: using the overlay, the clocks are sticking with the latest drivers

Last edited:
Associate
So, clocks aren't applying using the overlay method as @LtMatt suggested...

With Heaven running and Wattman Open, the clocks apply from start up. However, in game, they don't.... Set to 2015 core and 1150 HBM @ 1108mv in game they drop to about 1670mhz core and don't go higher.

If I then bring up the overlay and apply the OC profile, the clocks apply AS LONG as I have the overlay window open. If I then close it by either Alt+R or clicking the cross, the clocks drop back to 1670ish.

Cannot get the overlay workaround to work at all with the latest driver. @Chud_Jenny , you having any joy? My UV on standard clocks works, as does any OC applied to the HBM.

Doing my head in really.

Associate
Well, on 19.7.x I am experiencing elevated memory clocks at idle or on desktop. It can go up to 1300 or more.. It is in known issues even on 19.10.1. So 19.4.3 is the best.

Associate
I'm having an issue that seemed to start with 19.7.5 where the fans constantly revs up momentarily to around 5000rpm every 5 seconds at idle. Applying different fan profiles or reinstalling drivers doesn't seem to do anything -- the fans continue to rev up then back down. The only thing that stops the revs is if I start a game/load the GPU. Then, when I exit the program/game, the revving stops. Thoughts?

Caporegime
I'm having an issue that seemed to start with 19.7.5 where the fans constantly revs up momentarily to around 5000rpm every 5 seconds at idle. Applying different fan profiles or reinstalling drivers doesn't seem to do anything -- the fans continue to rev up then back down. The only thing that stops the revs is if I start a game/load the GPU. Then, when I exit the program/game, the revving stops. Thoughts?
Which driver used and are you using any third party oc tools?

Back
Top Bottom