• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Associate
Thanks for the quick responses, guys.

• I don't believe the freqs jump in tandum with the fan revs, but will need to double check (although not sure frequency drives fan speed, thought it was driven by temps)
  • Temps stay ~40c, so idle
  • I'm using the most recent drivers for the VII (although the revv-ing was happening on at least the two prior official driver versions)

Last edited:
Associate
Please look at this beautiful core clock of 2500 MHz. :)
_e4dac124313ad0e49eb26456f3626163.png

Associate
Has the newest RDR2 drivers fixed overclocking? I have not had time to test out myself, been reading tho for a while that overclocking works with OverdriveNTool on any driver (have not tested this myself either).

Associate
Has the newest RDR2 drivers fixed overclocking? I have not had time to test out myself, been reading tho for a while that overclocking works with OverdriveNTool on any driver (have not tested this myself either).
In a word "NO". In wattman it's still broken, but it half works if you use Alt+R and set it up as a profile that way. Its not a good work around though as it only seems to work in 3D mode and sometimes just randomly stops the altered settings back to default clocks.

Associate
Associate
Quick question - is the memory speed spiking on idle on radeon VII actually spiking or just a monitoring issue? Just launched wattman a few mins ago and it's already had a few spikes up to 1,315 MHz. If it is spiking, what's the best version of driver to use before spiking occured? Currently using 19.9.3.

edit - even does it if I set memory to a manual speed of 1000mhz in wattman.

Last edited:
Associate
Quick question - is the memory speed spiking on idle on radeon VII actually spiking or just a monitoring issue? Just launched wattman a few mins ago and it's already had a few spikes up to 1,315 MHz. If it is spiking, what's the best version of driver to use before spiking occured? Currently using 19.9.3.

edit - even does it if I set memory to a manual speed of 1000mhz in wattman.
If you're not getting crashing, it's going to be poor monitoring. Maybe try the latest build of hwinfo (sensors only) and minimise it to system tray and have a half hour game and check what that's quoting.
https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

Associate
Rather big pics there. :)

I've also noticed constant elevated gpu mem speeds when watching you tube videos in my browser. Still set to manual mem speed of 1000 mhz in wattman, and undervolted to 970mv.

Here's the readings from hwinfo after watching a few vids....

gpumemspeed.JPG

..in fact quick glance again and max is currently showing 1,392 Mhz. That can't be right surely?

Last edited:
Associate
Rather big pics there. :)

I've also noticed constant elevated gpu mem speeds when watching you tube videos in my browser. Still set to manual mem speed of 1000 mhz in wattman, and undervolted to 970mv.

Here's the readings from hwinfo after watching a few vids....

gpumemspeed.JPG

..in fact quick glance again and max is currently showing 1,392 Mhz. That can't be right surely?
Which driver are you running? One thing to check too is, do you have the latest chipset drivers installed too? I'm currently running a beta bios for my x470 Taichi with the new 1.0.0.4b agesa coding which fixes the boosting. I now get the full 44x multi vs 43.8x using 1.0.0.3 ABBA.

Associate
Using latest chipset drivers, and graphics drivers 19.9.3 as mentioned previously. I'm using the 2.46 beta bios on my Taichi X570, but don't see how that would effect boost clocks on the Radeon VII?

Associate
Associate
I had a few versions already downloaded, but not 19.7.5. Had 19.7.2. Uninstalled driver, uninstalled MS auto installed driver after reboot, and then installed 19.7.2. Erm... :eek:

gpumemspeed2.JPG

That's got to be a reading issue, can't see mem being able to run at double speed! Watching youtube and mem speed goes up a little but not as much as before - just an occasional really high jump now.

Back
Top Bottom