BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Soldato
Question for anyone with Zen Home broadband, do they supply Vat invoices with this service?

it depends what you mean by a VAT invoice? If you mean their VAT number is shown, and the VAT is split out as a separate line then yes, there is a link supplied where you can download the invoice as a PDF.

I have it myself at home, plus 2 other colleagues and we’ve never had any issues with HMRC or our auditors.

Soldato
Are zen still a decent provider? I'm considering moving from plusnet to them as plusnet don't half muck around with their prices throughout the year.

Ps I'm talking about their 80/20 and faster products.

Permabanned
Are zen still a decent provider? I'm considering moving from plusnet to them as plusnet don't half muck around with their prices throughout the year.

I have had them 5 years, the line has never once been down except when I have changed over equipment. One of the best providers in the UK IMO.

They are doing a price cap now where the price doesn't go up with inflation. You stay on that price package unless the prices go down. They then will reduce the bill for you no questions asked for the same product.

Soldato

i have FTTP with them at home, and G.Fast and VDSL at other locations and they’re rock-solid and you get a fixed IP address for free, even as a residential customer. I would say though, that they’re F-off expensive compared to Vodafone, who also give you a free fixed IP address and I’ve also never had any issues with.

Soldato
it depends what you mean by a VAT invoice? If you mean their VAT number is shown, and the VAT is split out as a separate line then yes, there is a link supplied where you can download the invoice as a PDF.

I have it myself at home, plus 2 other colleagues and we’ve never had any issues with HMRC or our auditors.
Thank you for your reply, that's good to know.

Soldato
Only obligation is to a customer who is a VAT registered business and therfore only on a business package.

If they charge VAT they have to show the VAT number they are charging it against so HMRC can check up later. If you notice, it either specifically says “this is not a VAT invoice” or it has a VAT number on it. And anyone can request a VAT invoice, so you know you’re not being ripped off by someone who isn’t VAT registered.

Caporegime
If they charge VAT they have to show the VAT number they are charging it against so HMRC can check up later. If you notice, it either specifically says “this is not a VAT invoice” or it has a VAT number on it. And anyone can request a VAT invoice, so you know you’re not being ripped off by someone who isn’t VAT registered.
So I’d imagine you’d need to specifically request this rather than it being the default option. Some ISP’s may not have the option. In my thousands of calls I don’t remember ever being asked for a VAT invoice or number.

Soldato
Apparently they don’t. Which I’m reliably informed isn’t exactly illegal but my ‘friend’ who works for the HMRC is going to have a look at Sky tomorrow to see why they don’t have their VAT number on their bills as part of the fee is indeed VAT I believe.

Caporegime
BT can't launch until BT Wholesale launch. BT Wholesale probably won't launch until Openreach drop the price for the 1Gbps tier from £960/year to £375/year in next March (and the connection fee down from £500 to £100, granted this also halves the upload).

Soldato
Only renewed my contract a few months ago. But BT have sent me an email saying if I 'upgrade' to BT Plus at no extra charge I get benefits I don't need and for £10 I can upgrade to the latest router.

"Our Keep Connected Promise – we'll send you a 4G Mini Hub to get you back online quickly if you report a fault.

Our Stay Fast Guarantee – get the speeds we promise you or claim £20 back.

Double data and our fastest 4G signal – when you add a BT mobile plan to your BT Plus account.

Dedicated support – from our UK and Ireland-based team."

BT Plus

£0

extra a month

+ £9.99 Hub delivery charge
CPI changes apply. 18-month contract.

---

What you reckon. Worth it for the new router?

Back
Top Bottom