Neighbours God **** tree!

Permabanned
Trees are beautiful. Don't know why people always want to cut them down. Op is probably one of those types who prefer ugly decking and that fake grass stuff.

Oh and put your bins away. Can't stand it when folk just leave their bins out all over the place all the time.

This stuck a chord having had to previously move away from loud abusive neighbours from a soap opera, I took the only house i could find and there was trees overhanging everywhere which at first looked naturist and secluded. Now that might sound nice but they constantly drop things if you are having a BBQ little beady seedy acorn types fall from this tree and i mean loads of them. And they attract swarms of small insects. The worst is this huge tree is taller than this house, Has overhang the roof and in wind is now catching roof tiles. And we had water spillage last night on that side of the house and the water ran on one side so im going to have to check if the house is sinking due to the tree. But the tree is easily 7ft from the house. If you cut this down it looks like Tornados struck the neighbourhod it looks awful. Now imagine if we were stupid enough to buy who pays the fee for a tree surgeon? Now doubt such a job would not be cheap for a two storey tree.

That is not all though, They let the dog out at 6am, 1am and i despise the noise invading my house. We are lucky we only are connected to one neighbours house but this one keeps the black and blue bin outside the front of the house at the front gate Imagine if we all lived like these morons a world of smelly black bins and barking dogs. It makes me so mad and stressed and honestly where can you go? Because it seems these types are everywhere and i am just not rich enough to move anywhere nicer. It is like i am a battery hen and all the cojoined houses are the chicken coops. :(

Caporegime
Seriously, just wait until they all fall off and pay a garden to clean it up while you have a beer down the pub

Soldato
OP
Funnily enough I really like the sounds on Sunday
4 - 6 weeks.

Did you not foresee this problem when you first saw a large oak tree hanging over your property?

That photo is 5 days. It's been going on for more then 6 weeks and will continue to.

I don't see your suggestion as being well thought out.

The law says can cut it back where it hangs over our property. I plan to do this. So I guess even if I did forsee this, this is an allowed solution. Once upon a time this tree wasn't overhanging this property. One upon a time the tree didn't produce acorns like it now does. Trees change and this one has been allowed to get past a reasonable amount of mess that it creates. it will be dealt with, as is allowed, rightly, by law :)

Last edited:
Soldato
That is not all though, They let the dog out at 6am, 1am and i despise the noise invading my house. We are lucky we only are connected to one neighbours house but this one keeps the black and blue bin outside the front of the house at the front gate Imagine if we all lived like these morons a world of smelly black bins and barking dogs. It makes me so mad and stressed and honestly where can you go? Because it seems these types are everywhere and i am just not rich enough to move anywhere nicer. It is like i am a battery hen and all the cojoined houses are the chicken coops. :(

This is one thing that makes me so envious of countries with large land mass like America, where the houses are detached and have tons of space between them. I have a similar issue in my semi detached where next doors dog barks and it may as well just be in my house it's so loud. They went on holiday for a week recently and left their dog home alone and it barked continuously for an entire week. Really sucks having to live next to other people.

Permabanned
This is one thing that makes me so envious of countries with large land mass like America, where the houses are detached and have tons of space between them. I have a similar issue in my semi detached where next doors dog barks and it may as well just be in my house it's so loud. They went on holiday for a week recently and left their dog home alone and it barked continuously for an entire week. Really sucks having to live next to other people.

It would be fair if they woke up and the dog was gone, Thats the truth ive been there they are all low iq chavs in my experience it ends in violent conflict with the neighbours. And by then they know who you are if anything ever happens to thier property or dog.

So you end up basically with no option but to move or suck it up, But when moving like me you may find the new area has no dogs until a new neighbour arrives. This is what happened to me the landlord decided to house a local woman who is notorious for moving and being a general chav. And now she is next door with a dog she does not need or deserve to own.

Soldato
I've had this from the other side.

Old chap at the back of ours, my rather large Ash tree overhanging his garden slightly (a few meters, at maybe 10m high). Had several reasonable discussions about it. But WOULD. NOT. STOP. GOING. ON. ABOUT. IT. Tree was there before his house. Really, not impinging at all, just a non-issue. Not blocking light at all. I ended up having to ignore him.

He paid some absolute numpty to lop off a few branches eventually. Made zero difference, about 0.1% of the tree removed. Retired and too much time on his hands.

Eventually died (the neighbour, not the tree). Peace restored.

Soldato
OP
I've had this from the other side.

Old chap at the back of ours, my rather large Ash tree overhanging his garden slightly (a few meters, at maybe 10m high). Had several reasonable discussions about it. But WOULD. NOT. STOP. GOING. ON. ABOUT. IT. Tree was there before his house. Really, not impinging at all, just a non-issue. Not blocking light at all. I ended up having to ignore him.

He paid some absolute numpty to lop off a few branches eventually. Made zero difference, about 0.1% of the tree removed. Retired and too much time on his hands.

Eventually died (the neighbour, not the tree). Peace restored.
Sounds awful. How did you sleep at night? :p

Back
Top Bottom