• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
@Kevin Matthews
I don't want to steer you wrong mate. Look at the manual for the PSU.
However, this pic looks to be the end that goes inside the video card. But again check the manual.

The 2 pins bent downward should belong to the PCI-E 6 pin facing the camera. That "thrid"
connector belongs to the 1st one reading PCIE. You should be able to bend it up to make 6+2 PCIe connector.
That end with the split is gpu end. With it being split 6-2 you can plug it in 8 pin or 6pin. At the psu end I think it’s a 6 pin

Associate
Ok so I’m getting worse FPS in wildlands and farcry 5 then I did with my 290, dropping a setting feels like I’m playing on ps1.

Think if I downclock to 290 levels I can play something at reasonable settings/FPS?
I’m running 2500k @4.6ghz. Im home alone sat night and my upgrade is coming Sunday.

Associate
Ok so I’m getting worse FPS in wildlands and farcry 5 then I did with my 290, dropping a setting feels like I’m playing on ps1.

Think if I downclock to 290 levels I can play something at reasonable settings/FPS?
I’m running 2500k @4.6ghz. Im home alone sat night and my upgrade is coming Sunday.

the 5700xt is 90-95% the performance of a 1080 Ti.... something which my 4790k at 4.9ghz held back at times. You need to upgrade that 2500k it's been a great cpu but 4 cores/threads just wont cut it leading into 2020

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Went ahead and bought the Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro+ to drop into my Razer Core X. This will be used to play games in Boot camp on my Mac mini and also boost performance in macOS in general.

OcUK just dropped the price to £428.99 which is good.

Does anyone know you can sell the game bundle? Presumably to someone with a qualifying card?

Last edited:
Soldato
Corsair RM Series RM750 750W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply and touch wood (taps head) no black screens/no signal bug or system crashes. 19.8.2 drivers. Not even going to try the newer drivers I have it stable for some of the older games I play and that will have to do in the meantime.
I hear you on that. Glad it's working for you though.

Soldato
Went ahead and bought the Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro+ to drop into my Razer Core X. This will be used to play games in Boot camp on my Mac mini and also boost performance in macOS in general.

OcUK just dropped the price to £428.99 which is good.

Does anyone know you can sell the game bundle? Presumably to someone with a qualifying card?
You can, even if it's a non qualifying card, you use amdrewards and turn the code into a real key

Associate
That's good, so there is no check that you have an AMD card? Will make selling easier.
When I registered my code with the AMD rewards site last week for my 5700 XT I had to download and install the AMD Rewards app which I presume checked my system for a valid card so I don't know if its as easy as you think.

The other problem you're going to run into at the moment is that there isn't native support of Navi cards in Mac OS yet. The recent Catalina beta 10.15.1 referenced them, but I don't think they're working quite yet.
If you're more up to date on Navi support for Mac OS them please disregard this, but I'd be interested to hear how you get on over in the Apple hardware thread.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
When I registered my code with the AMD rewards site last week for my 5700 XT I had to download and install the AMD Rewards app which I presume checked my system for a valid card so I don't know if its as easy as you think.

The other problem you're going to run into at the moment is that there isn't native support of Navi cards in Mac OS yet. The recent Catalina beta 10.15.1 referenced them, but I don't think they're working quite yet.
If you're more up to date on Navi support for Mac OS them please disregard this, but I'd be interested to hear how you get on over in the Apple hardware thread.

Navi works on 10.15.1 beta :) I've been following closely on eGPU.io (https://egpu.io/forums/which-gear-s...radeon-rx-5700-rx-5700-xt/paged/6/#post-67128)
I'll be running games on Windows bootcamp anyway which is pretty straight forward with a Mac mini, I will share some details once its all up and running.

So I think it's safe to say that it is restricted to qualifying cards for the game code?

Last edited:
Soldato
Navi works on 10.15.1 beta :) I've been following closely on eGPU.io (https://egpu.io/forums/which-gear-s...radeon-rx-5700-rx-5700-xt/paged/6/#post-67128)
I'll be running games on Windows bootcamp anyway which is pretty straight forward with a Mac mini, I will share some details once its all up and running.

So I think it's safe to say that it is restricted to qualifying cards for the game code?
What I tried to say earlier, and think I did, is that YOU register the game on amdrewards and get a real key that you then sell on.
The other way they do it, as ive bought and sold a few.
Is that you log in to your ubi account (for example) through the rewards site, but that can be done by redeeming the code, then changing the password and trusting it to the buyer. If that makes sense

Associate
OK, so after everything being just about ok, today all my games suddenly decided to stop using the card and I'm only seeing 6MHz use after a few minutes of play. So far its happening in ROTTR and the Outer Worlds, the two games I'm currently playing.
Nothing has changed from yesterday apart from uninstalling the Logitech G Hub software for a keyboard I no longer use. Everything else is fine. I ran a Time Spy benchmark and it came back with a similar score to usual so I'm gettig annoyed.

I've already followed the safe mode DDU uninstall and reinstall (19.10.2 drivers which I was previously using) to no effect. No other changes to settings have been made so anyone have any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom