**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Man of Honour
I've disabled Facebook Services in Apps because for some reason that was consuming 4-7% of batt as background activity even through the middle of the night. After disabling it I can confirm that the Facebook app itself works perfectly fine as do notifications and Messenger. Neither Messenger nor app register as even 1% in battery usage so this is good. FB Services is something baked in by Samsung I figure previously it was part of SNS services and also is used for FB's internal auto update. It seems pointless and I've yet to see any issue disabling it.

Thought it be worth noting for anyone else who has had similar.

Google Play Services uses a lot of background activity time too but can't disable that as it's a necessary Google service. Ah well.

Still getting 20 odd hours of battery from a charge on the S10e though.

Soldato
Does anyone know how much it is to replace a screen on the S10? Mine fell out of my pocket yesterday and landed on the patio cracking the screen. :(

£219 from Samsung including a replacement battery. Samsung do a repair service where they come to your house or place of work, but I'm not sure if that costs the same or not.

Soldato
Android 10 beta registration now open via Samsung members app, register then immediate download

Unlocked handsets only

Installed this morning. Enjoying it so far. No idea how stable it is yet though.

Edit: new animations are really nice. Just make sure "reduce animations" isn't turned off or you won't see them.

Soldato
Just got the Fingerprint update pushed to phone. Recommended deleting/registering fingerprints without any cover, but i can't imagine the pre-installed cover counts(?).

Soldato
Installed this morning. Enjoying it so far. No idea how stable it is yet though.

Edit: new animations are really nice. Just make sure "reduce animations" isn't turned off or you won't see them.

What does the animation look like? Regardless if I have animation on or off, I don't see it. All I get is a ripple effect and straight to homescreen.

Last edited:
Associate
So there's now a banner in the Members app for me advertising the beta programme, but when I tap on it, I get a server error. Anyone else?

I'm on EE, regular S10.

Associate
Noticed a few apps and updates to them are now disabling the FP 'Until Samsung resolve the issue'

It's a shame that they're about 10 days too slow in reacting, seen as the update from Samsung has been pushed!

Also enrolled on the BETA.

Everything looks fine so far for me. The only thing i have noticed is that i can't share media to whatsapp.

Soldato
Bugs I've experienced in the beta so far:
  • Changing wallpaper using walpy kills the launcher
  • Launcher sometimes doesn't remove blur effect after opening and closing a folder
  • Can't share to WhatsApp
  • Fingerprint sensor graphic doesn't stay on AOD as it should, it flashes on and off
  • Task changer and quick star don't work , but I assume we're waiting on updates for this
  • Edge lighting + doesn't work with the extra lighting styles - probably needs an update
Overall it's relatively stable but there are small bugs with the UI which I hope will be fixed with the next update.

Back
Top Bottom