• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel about to expand into Graphics, AMD on the rise, are the tables turning on nVidia?

Soldato
You shouldn't let him wind you up so much. He's usually baiting people on the console forum too which is quite sad for someone who supposedly has zero interest in buying one.
That's the sad thing about t'internet, subtlety, tone and nuance in language is lost behind a wall of text. I wasn't even remotely wound up, more of a frenzied outburst in disbelief at such an utterly retarded thing to post. And given my natural speech patterns incorporate a lot of expletives, I sure as hell wasn't going to waste my time self-censoring a hurried post, so just went full of asterisks and be damned :p

Like I said, people like that are just hilarious with their imbecilic opinions. I laugh, I retort and then I leave them be because you can only poke a child so often.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
That's the sad thing about t'internet, subtlety, tone and nuance in language is lost behind a wall of text. I wasn't even remotely wound up, more of a frenzied outburst in disbelief at such an utterly retarded thing to post. And given my natural speech patterns incorporate a lot of expletives, I sure as hell wasn't going to waste my time self-censoring a hurried post, so just went full of asterisks and be damned :p

Like I said, people like that are just hilarious with their imbecilic opinions. I laugh, I retort and then I leave them be because you can only poke a child so often.
As mentioned he is either a severely closed minded individual or a troll. He does this all the time in the console thread also. He should read this:

If you find yourself shaking your head after most interactions with those around you, shocked at their sheer stupidity, there are two options. Your thought, of course, is option A, where you are somehow the smartest person on the planet and everyone else is blessed to be in your presence. Option B, however is the far more likely scenario even if you refuse to see it. Option B is that you’re actually the fool, and that your ability to interact with the humans around you is subpar, at best.

:p:D

Soldato
It's still a console GPU, regardless of your rant.

You have that wrong and completely backwards. Navi is a range of GPUs designed using the RDNA architecture. The GPU in the PS5 is a Navi GPU that has been customised for use in that console.

The PS5 GPU is based on Navi, not the other way around

It's a pretty simple concept, surprised you are having trouble with it.

Permabanned
Intel Xe GPU Architecture Detailed – Ponte Vecchio Xe HPC Exascale GPU With 1000s of EUs, Massive HBM Memory, Rambo Cache

“At the heart of Xe architecture we have a new fabric called XEMF. It is the heart of the performance of these machines. We called it the Rambo Cache. It is a unified cache that is accessible to CPU and GPU memory.” - Raja Koduri
  • 2x density scaling vs 10nm
  • Planned intra-node optimizations
  • 4x reduction in design rules
  • EUV
  • Next-Gen Foveros & EMIB Packaging
Blue Team's First HPC GPU, The 7nm Ponte Vecchio - Landing in The Aurora Supercomputer in 2021
  • Leadership Performance (For HPC, Data Analytics, AI)
  • Unified Memory Architecture (Across CPU & GPU)
  • All-To-All Connectivity Within Node (Low Latency, High Bandwidth)
  • Unparalleled I/O Scalability Across Nodes (8 Fabric Endpoints per node, DAOS)
Xe-intel.png

https://wccftech.com/intel-ponte-vecchio-xe-hpc-gpu-detailed-1000-eus-hbm2-rambo-cache-clx/

Caporegime
OP
Intel Xe GPU Architecture Detailed – Ponte Vecchio Xe HPC Exascale GPU With 1000s of EUs, Massive HBM Memory, Rambo Cache

“At the heart of Xe architecture we have a new fabric called XEMF. It is the heart of the performance of these machines. We called it the Rambo Cache. It is a unified cache that is accessible to CPU and GPU memory.” - Raja Koduri
  • 2x density scaling vs 10nm
  • Planned intra-node optimizations
  • 4x reduction in design rules
  • EUV
  • Next-Gen Foveros & EMIB Packaging
Blue Team's First HPC GPU, The 7nm Ponte Vecchio - Landing in The Aurora Supercomputer in 2021
  • Leadership Performance (For HPC, Data Analytics, AI)
  • Unified Memory Architecture (Across CPU & GPU)
  • All-To-All Connectivity Within Node (Low Latency, High Bandwidth)
  • Unparalleled I/O Scalability Across Nodes (8 Fabric Endpoints per node, DAOS)
Xe-intel.png

https://wccftech.com/intel-ponte-vecchio-xe-hpc-gpu-detailed-1000-eus-hbm2-rambo-cache-clx/

Also known as HSA, Heterogeneous System Architecture.

I'm interested to see what happens because when AMD pioneered it no one was interested and with that it feel into obscurity.

zcVht6n.png

z2bBZzK.png

qi1yKiH.png

tPM1Qli.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Navi 23 in 2020 will tell us more as whether this is correct or wrong ;)

i have no faith in amd to compete at the high end.

their processors are amazing, their gpus not so much. also i don't think nvidia are as stupid as intel. sure nvidia will hold back tech and performance, but they won't just stagnate and sit on their arses like intel did.

Caporegime
i have no faith in amd to compete at the high end.

their processors are amazing, their gpus not so much. also i don't think nvidia are as stupid as intel. sure nvidia will hold back tech and performance, but they won't just stagnate and sit on their arses like intel did.

Why would you hold back tech? If you have a chance to completely ruin your competition you take it.

After all owning 100% of the market is better than 50%.

Remember nvidia don't make any gpus for consoles which is a massive market bigger than pc gaming.

So I don't believe nvidia are holding back for a second. This is what they have to offer.

Soldato
Why would you hold back tech? If you have a chance to completely ruin your competition you take it.

After all owning 100% of the market is better than 50%.

Remember nvidia don't make any gpus for consoles which is a massive market bigger than pc gaming.

So I don't believe nvidia are holding back for a second. This is what they have to offer.
*cough* nintendo switch *cough* :p :D

Back
Top Bottom