The Apprentice - Season 15 (2019)

• Thread starter Deleted member 651465
  • Start date
Soldato
Can you clarify what you mean here?

I think most OCers deprecate social media , and don't use it myself, the ridiculous (presumably) self-gratifying (to her) images and conversations, you posted, really confirm that stance, and, also, confirm to me, that I'm not missing anything there with respect to current party election communications.

The contestants are under NDA not to disclose the winner, so presumably they have to be careful what they say.

(strawman) The contestants true personality is exposed, more honestly, on the tv show, unlike the character they cultivate on social media; they must have some editorial rights if they are unfairly being portrayed as narcissistic idiots on the show, or, how much would someone have to pay you not to be annoyed

Caporegime
I think most OCers deprecate social media , and don't use it myself, the ridiculous (presumably) self-gratifying (to her) images and conversations, you posted, really confirm that stance, and, also, confirm to me, that I'm not missing anything there with respect to current party election communications.

The contestants are under NDA not to disclose the winner, so presumably they have to be careful what they say.

Well that's a bit of a given, the point was that it shows the relationships etc.. and gives a bit of background to the characters - some of the social media stuff is from well before they even applied for the show.

(strawman) The contestants true personality is exposed, more honestly, on the tv show, unlike the character they cultivate on social media; they must have some editorial rights if they are unfairly being portrayed as narcissistic idiots on the show, or, how much would someone have to pay you not to be annoyed

I'd say the opposite to some extent tbh... the show is heavily edited and with selective clips shown from hours of footage each episode. Likewise you have say the press story citing Lottie's apparent "homophobia" yet on her social media you have say her hanging out with the apparent victim of that homophobia illustrating that it was perhaps blown out of proportion - particularly as both he and Lottie seem to have had spats with another girl from the show etc..

If you just looked at what the newspapers said you could get a rather distorted image, these press stories about these shows are designed to be a bit sensationalist - whoever was feeding info the the press was seemingly wanting to chuck as much dirt at Lottie as possible and some of it seems a bit weak.

Caporegime
The project leaders don't even bring the right people into the board room anymore and when they do it's for the wrong reasons.

I don't know what the point of going all the way to Finland is if they're being assigned set locations, Jemelyn claimed they didn't know what the their location would be so I assume it was chosen for them? all they had to do was tour a few places and take some good scenic footage. Neither team focussed on Finland at all and both targetted narrow audiences.

Soldato
Not sure how both teams managed to mess up this weeks challenge like they did, The adverts they shot could've been for anywhere and if they hadn't put Finland in the videos you wouldn't know it was for there.

Soldato
I'd thought Alan was close to the knuckle with his somewhat homophobic/body-image/crass/cheap remark about (private) Ryan, it must have been scripted and OK'd by beeb,
so, he was not going to fire him too, the speech he allowed him to finally make, was somewhat eloquent, surpised he allowed it.

Caporegime
Begging for one last chance and if given it you'll agree to be project manager next task should be an automatic firing.

Soldato
The locations were selected once they got to Finland from a book.
It would have been interesting to see what other locations were in the book as the ones chosen were hard to associate with Finland apart from the trees but then again could have been Norway.
Also it would have been easier if they had access to Stock Footage of Finland landmarks but I guess that would be too easy

Capture2.JPG

Did anyone see the man lying down in the boardroom ?

E1.jpg

E2.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
I don't know what the point of going all the way to Finland is if they're being assigned set locations, Jemelyn claimed they didn't know what the their location would be so I assume it was chosen for them? all they had to do was tour a few places and take some good scenic footage. Neither team focussed on Finland at all and both targetted narrow audiences.

The whole thing is obviously very scripted with only limited choices available in terms of some of the big decisions. LGBTQ was likely just one of a selection of choices available to the teams - like when it was first shown to be mentioned the PM then chirps up with some random fact about the attendance figures for Helsinki pride etc..

Soldato
maybe that's how the final series ends ... you're all fired - I'm retiring, or, the contestants come to blows (maybe with one another)

if you saw the expose last night on how sainsbury's works inside it was just liked an episode of the apprentice, people having stupid ideas in brainstorming sessions,
design of bags to put vegetables in, by someone who had evidently never bought one, removal of long-dated meat from the shelves,
definitely not representative of fact based problem analysis, you would see every day in an engineering company ..
maybe some people watch the Apprentice and can relate to it.

Caporegime
Lottie had a twitter spat with Jemelin recently

Jemelin didnt win, ie 'The Public will soon see how "well" you did' - this to me inclines she didnt win as it was a put down response

surprised she didnt get pulled over for this.

Yeah posted that earlier in the thread - it didn't necessarily spoil any potential episode but did hint that Jemelin was going to be kicked out earlier than her... though the previews they show of future episodes give bigger spoilers tbh...

The social media stuff does show she's quite polarising - clearly buddies with the gay guy and you see her reaction when she sees he was safe from being fired this week etc..

Soldato
Yeah posted that earlier in the thread - it didn't necessarily spoil any potential episode but did hint that Jemelin was going to be kicked out earlier than her... though the previews they show of future episodes give bigger spoilers tbh...

The social media stuff does show she's quite polarising - clearly buddies with the gay guy and you see her reaction when she sees he was safe from being fired this week etc..

Yeah if you look at her Instagram and Twitter she's quite the socialite with expensive taste.

Caporegime
LOL, Thomas FFS!!!! That was a bold (or perhaps stupid/impulsive) move by him, fair play though, he just about survived regardless.

If Ryan Mark had ended up bringing Pamela in then he'd have looked very silly... she single handedly saved them at least £400 in refunds by ordering a couple of veggie options just in case.

Caporegime
I'm starting to really like Marianne, she definitely seems to have her head screwed on she probably signed up to the programme thinking it was serious business.

Lottie lost the plot this task how did they win? she was complaining about buying too much alcohol and yet the guests were constantly being told they can't have any more to drink or would have to have orange juice, they should have had way more refund requests and that guy who was serving with Lottie must struggle to tie his shoe laces.

Soldato
Ryan Mark giving off the Jacob Ress-Mogg vibe last night, Surprised at the editing to make it look like he was about to get rid of Thomas too, with how far in we are now surprised he hasn't fired more than one person yet.

Back
Top Bottom