*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
I was pleased to see this bundle appear on Amazon earlier today, ordered on the spot, along with a pair of Joycon wheels and a case.
Christmas present for my 6 year old. I'm going to get another game for him, but no idea what, he like the lego games (have most of them all on my PS4 Pro) and is pretty good at them given his age

Any suggestions? Was thinking Luigi's Mansion, Mario & Sonic Olympics, Mario Odyssey. Anything else to consider that is age sensible?
I had a Gamecube back in the day, but that is my only experience with Nintendo. His older cousin (13) has one and he was really taken with it.

I am getting a Switch for my kids Xmas too. I have been recommended the Pokemon Lets Go game, as you can play co-op and it is good for kids. Yoshi is supposed to be a good platform game for kids, I have also got this for my 6 year old. Heard good things about Mario Party, Go Vacation, Captain Toad, Kirby Star allies...

Associate
I got a Switch Lite for my 5 year old boy for Christmas. He currently plays my normal Switch playing things like Kirby Star Allies, Super Smash Bros and now currently we are playing coop through Luigi's Mansion 3.

For his switch lite he will be getting New Super Lucky's Tale, Minecraft and that Dog & Cat pet game.

Associate
I've had my Nintendo/Horri screen protector on from day 1 and its still stuck on perfectly.
My GF has a matt finish screen protector that I bought from Argos has no issues either.

Soldato
Has anyone tried any of the bluetooth adapters for the Switch?

Looking at either the HomeSpot Bluetooth 5.0, GuliKit Route Air or Genki's adapter.

Thanks for any opinions...

Soldato
Wahoo! Partner ordered me a switch 1.1 for Christmas. Managed to bag one for £180 thanks to a £100 gift card. Already got a 128gb SD card for it. Gonna get a orzly screen protector and bag for it aswell.
I wanted to get Zelda BOTW as my first game but think I'm gonna get Mario kart as we're having about 10 people round for Christmas, so want some co-op madness.

Man of Honour
Wahoo! Partner ordered me a switch 1.1 for Christmas. Managed to bag one for £180 thanks to a £100 gift card. Already got a 128gb SD card for it. Gonna get a orzly screen protector and bag for it aswell.
I wanted to get Zelda BOTW as my first game but think I'm gonna get Mario kart as we're having about 10 people round for Christmas, so want some co-op madness.

Snipperclips, overcooked and ultimate chicken horse are the best local multiplayer games.

Man of Honour
Overcooked does require 4 people but if you can arrange it, trust me it will be THE most surreal fun you'll have with your friends.

Its also a huge test of those friendships :p :D

I got three stars on most of the game with just my wife.

The 2v2 mode is awesome too.

Associate
just grabbed goat simulator for £6 in the sale. my kids will love it for a few hours at least :)

I bought this for my Nephew (PC) a while back... I doubt the Nintendo version will carry the bad language over from the PC version?

Made me wince as I bought it on a whim for said nephew.

Goat Sim and Five Nights at Freddy's were his go to games (5 years ago). I hated Fred with a passion; could never hear the 'tells' before death. B'ah.

Associate
Looking for some inspiration for a decent sized game to play but which doesn't require a 2 hour sitting for each go.

I prefer an action, strategy, shooting or adventure game and I'm open to Indies too.

So far I've got , Mario Odyssey, MK8 and BotW.

Looked at LM3 but it's not making me need to buy it.

Back
Top Bottom