*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Looking for some inspiration for a decent sized game to play but which doesn't require a 2 hour sitting for each go.

I prefer an action, strategy, shooting or adventure game and I'm open to Indies too.

So far I've got , Mario Odyssey, MK8 and BotW.

Looked at LM3 but it's not making me need to buy it.

One of the best indie strategy games on the system is Into The Breach (from the makers of FTL). It's great to pick up and play anywhere.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Has anyone bought Alien Isolation?

I am getting really bad lag on the controls. When I try to move or look it takes half a second to register it. The only way to make it remotely tolerable is to knock the sensitivity down quite low so that when it registers, its not catching up with itself so much and doesn't suddenly jump the viewport around.

Man of Honour
Looking for some inspiration for a decent sized game to play but which doesn't require a 2 hour sitting for each go.

I prefer an action, strategy, shooting or adventure game and I'm open to Indies too.

Valkyria Chronicles 1 or 4.

It's a mixture of turn based strategy and FPS, with pretty concise missions taking 10-15 minutes each.

Mario and Rabbids is superb too. Into the breach and slay the spire are great rogue lite strategy games.

Associate
Has anyone bought Alien Isolation?

I am getting really bad lag on the controls. When I try to move or look it takes half a second to register it. The only way to make it remotely tolerable is to knock the sensitivity down quite low so that when it registers, its not catching up with itself so much and doesn't suddenly jump the viewport around.
I haven’t bought it yet but I read that the port is one of the best on the Switch. I’ll be getting it eventually I expect. The reviews I have seen didn’t mention the issues you’ve been having, but I only read a couple.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I have only found a few comments on input lag issues but it seems people have had issues on all platforms, they are just rare. That or I am being very picky which I don’t think I am. It’s pretty obvious.

Soldato
I just bought a Switch Lite the other day as a secondary console to play on the bus as I found the OG Switch too heavy to carry around comfortably I'm generally quite impressed with it and like the comfort, screen, size and ergonomics.

However, I was hoping to use it for playing some of the Vitrual Console titles and retro gaming on the go but was shocked how bad the D-pad is? Especially as Nintendo D-pad's are generally the best on the market and have been since the NES came out in the 80s. The one on my Switch Lite creaks and groans whilst I'm moving it around and it seems super reluctant to do diagonals. It's almost like 4 individual buttons they've simply put a cover onto? It almost feels like the entire D-pad is sliding aruond whilst I'm using it. I also have a Nintendo 2DS and that's flawless so it's not just because I'm used to full size controllers.

Is the D-Pad on the Switch Lite supposed to feel this broken and be this bad or is there a problem with my console?

Soldato
I just bought a Switch Lite the other day as a secondary console to play on the bus as I found the OG Switch too heavy to carry around comfortably I'm generally quite impressed with it and like the comfort, screen, size and ergonomics.

However, I was hoping to use it for playing some of the Vitrual Console titles and retro gaming on the go but was shocked how bad the D-pad is? Especially as Nintendo D-pad's are generally the best on the market and have been since the NES came out in the 80s. The one on my Switch Lite creaks and groans whilst I'm moving it around and it seems super reluctant to do diagonals. It's almost like 4 individual buttons they've simply put a cover onto? It almost feels like the entire D-pad is sliding aruond whilst I'm using it. I also have a Nintendo 2DS and that's flawless so it's not just because I'm used to full size controllers.

Is the D-Pad on the Switch Lite supposed to feel this broken and be this bad or is there a problem with my console?
It's just how it is I think, or there's a lot of dodgy ones out there at the very least. Disappointing as it's one of the main reasons I got one.

Soldato

Mine doesn't seem like that at all and u bought my lite on sat of release.

Soldato
Hi,
I'm new to all this Switch malarkey, got one for the missus for Christmas as she's a big Luigi's Mansion fan. Obviously got part 3 or that but what she really likes is management based games. Isometric, build the town/world and manage it. I had my eye on Two Point Hospital but didn't realize that wasn't released as yet. Are there any other similar games like that?

Other games I've looked out for her are:
Unravel2 - looks funny as and she likes puzzles too.
Rime
Happy Birthdays

Anything else worth mentioning?
Whilst i'm here, is it better to buy the games physical or digital?

Thank you.

Soldato

I just bought Lost Sphear to play after I complete botw story

Associate
Hi,
I'm new to all this Switch malarkey, got one for the missus for Christmas as she's a big Luigi's Mansion fan. Obviously got part 3 or that but what she really likes is management based games. Isometric, build the town/world and manage it. I had my eye on Two Point Hospital but didn't realize that wasn't released as yet. Are there any other similar games like that?

Other games I've looked out for her are:
Unravel2 - looks funny as and she likes puzzles too.
Rime
Happy Birthdays

Anything else worth mentioning?
Whilst i'm here, is it better to buy the games physical or digital?

Thank you.

stardew valley maybe? It’s reduced to 4.99 on iOS at the mo if trying it there is an option.

Associate
I'm really struggling to get in to any Switch games since finishing BotW unfortunately. Seems like I'm just defaulting to my Xbox and the ton of game pass content to get through.

I think it's spoilt me as I just can't bring myself to pay £40+ for games that aren't even that new. Like I wanna pick up pokemon, but I just feel like the value for money just isn't there.

Nintendo subscription service pretty please?

Back
Top Bottom