• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3700x temps

Associate
yea it shows 1.4v on monitoring software because it is boosting 1 or 2 cores very quickly the changes in clock speed and voltage With me montoring though ryzen master jump around so quickly that you can't keep up. But boosting of 1 or 2 cores will show the voltage at 1.4v
Tired with aquasuite and hwinfo shutdown
It’s idling at 1.46v 33’c with all cores sleeping
Cinebench at 1.22v 62’c 3925mhz

Peak core set to 1.09v idle .24v and bench at 1.09v according average core v which is better but 3600mhz.
Oh bench at default is still 1.2 load 1.47 idle with sleeping cores, 3900mhz

So I’m theory I should be able to set to 1.2v and get 3900mhz it’ll probably crash I guess

Edit I think I have the wrong data source.
1.287v peak .50v average on master, should I be looking at the average to get my temp readings?

Because that’s the only data source that makes sense as it increases with load and it’s the only one changing as the cores go sleep

Last edited:
Associate
which section of the bios should i look at - tons of pages (not touched anything - it is as supplied by overclockers) - i can then take a picture or something of the relevant page and post

this is the screenshot

https://imgur.com/a/FRcekwx

just noticed never indicated motherboard - asus tuf gaming x570

Associate
That is definitely wrong. Install HWInfo64 and check what voltage it is idling at. If you have CAM running, try closing it and see if the voltage goes down. I had a program on my previous keyboard that would keep my 3800X at 1.475v and people had that issue with Corsair's software too. If that is fine, check other programs you might have active. Finally try re pasting the cooler.
hwinfo reports wrong voltages, well for me anyway. Idling at 1.35 and 1.2v load.
Ryzen master idle at 0.something and what ever I set my peak to under load.

Associate
I'm on the fence on whether I should buy 3700x, as the relatively high temps - evident by this huge thread - is kind of putting me off. I'm not much of tinker and more of an install, set and forget but all this stuff about voltages and tweaking has gone over my head. Anyone had success getting 30-40c when idling? Is buying a high end cooler is not enough?

Associate
I'm on the fence on whether I should buy 3700x, as the relatively high temps - evident by this huge thread - is kind of putting me off. I'm not much of tinker and more of an install, set and forget but all this stuff about voltages and tweaking has gone over my head. Anyone had success getting 30-40c when idling? Is buying a high end cooler is not enough?

yes, mine idles under 30, although weather isn't exactly warm at the moment: https://imgur.com/3m8HiNe

didn't hotlink the image in case it's too big - just a readout from coretemp.

I'm using a scythe mugen cooler: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/scythe-scmg-5100-mugen-5-rev.b-cpu-cooler-hs-046-sy.html No overclock added, well, not yet, anyway.

Associate
Associate
Associate
My temps are no different to my 4790k. I am using a h100i and see 28 degrees when ai start the machine. After about an hour it will idle at between 28 and 36 and never goes above 72 degrees now. I have slight undervolt of 0.04 offset and cine bench r15 at 2150 ish and 202 single.

I feel this is totally acceptable for a 8 core 16 thread cpu

Associate
hwinfo reports wrong voltages, well for me anyway. Idling at 1.35 and 1.2v load.
Ryzen master idle at 0.something and what ever I set my peak to under load.
That can be before 1.0.0.4B where I think read outs were wrong. Mine has always been fine, however if you want to get more specific you can use Ryzen Master even though I personally dont like it.

Associate
@Tyrion2 Why is your [email protected]?
any reason,as mine is always at 100? :)
That the reason for your good temps?

honestly, I have no idea and not something i've noticed or paid attention to before. The only setting I can remember changing in bios is turning on the A-XMP switch (tomahawk max motherboard) and setting a curve for the fans. Other than that, settings are automatic. As mentioned, no overclock added.

could it be something to do with the ram?: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...ual-channel-kit-grey-tlgd432g3-my-08p-tg.html Don't think it's the quickest ram around and i haven't changed any voltages.

Sorry, don't know - first pc i've ever built :)

edit: took another screenshot: https://imgur.com/pSc2ZEI not something i've been looking at but the fsb? does change - mine also goes to 100 but temp stays as it was, so probably not that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom