**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Yeah I had that with Google pay. Worked alright after deleting all data for Google pay app and starting over. Mine wouldn't even let me delete the card, just said something went wrong.

Soldato
Just get a runaround from both Three and Samsung and regardless, all apps report battery condition and capacity as nothing short of excellent.

Problem is unusually with battery usage on mobile data, not the battery.

Man of Honour
Three network had always used more battery for me in the past. I've noticed marked improvement in battery usage since going Virgin Mobile (EE).

Unrelated but the S10/Note 10 have a combined victory in the MKBHD blind camera showdown. A well deserved round TBH. Yes the sensors are the same, so we would expect no different, but it's nice to see a blind test voting these as finalists.

0xzysvmjl3541.jpg

Associate
Interesting video that was. It shows that despite Samsung's sensors not being technically the best this generation, the photos they produce are still very visually appealing. Bright and colourful is what most people seem to look for, so that is what Samsung focus on.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Saw that vid this morning. The P4 clearly took a much better photo than the 10E. Also, the white balance of the iP11 pro was shocking.

Man of Honour
Doesn't matter which is technically a better output. Tests like these show what people actually prefer, and Samsung side with the what people want rather than what it technically accurate out of the box.

I don't like any out of the box results which is why I always run them through LR Mobile or Snapseed to get my preferred look before I share anything on social.

Associate
Doesn't matter which is technically a better output. Tests like these show what people actually prefer, and Samsung side with the what people want rather than what it technically accurate out of the box.

I don't like any out of the box results which is why I always run them through LR Mobile or Snapseed to get my preferred look before I share anything on social.

Prefer? or just use to seeing that they think that's the 'norm'

All subjective of course.

Still don't think the 10e is as good as the Pixel range. Post processing just doesn't quite cut it

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Wind your neck in.

Look at the video at 3:41, the iP11 Pro picture is way more blue than it should be. That is undeniable, they even said the same thing themselves.

As for the Pixel 4 vs S10e, of course that is personal preference, but watch the video from 9 minutes where you can see the pictures side by side, the P4 picture is quite obviously better, better colours, DoF etc. (IMO)

Man of Honour
Do remember these are completely auto settings, so on Samsung HDR is left on auto which means it won't be used in various shots whereas if left to "on", it is used everywhere and yields better results. Likewise with the dynamic EV slider when you tap the screen which retains greater dynamic range. The pixels do both these things better automatically, with the fine tuning available if desired.

Soldato
Wind your neck in.

Look at the video at 3:41, the iP11 Pro picture is way more blue than it should be. That is undeniable, they even said the same thing themselves.

As for the Pixel 4 vs S10e, of course that is personal preference, but watch the video from 9 minutes where you can see the pictures side by side, the P4 picture is quite obviously better, better colours, DoF etc. (IMO)

loltriggered ok.. so the 60k more people who preferred the S10e picture were what.. wrong?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I wasn't going to reply as its obviously futile but whatever, and lol if you think I'm triggered. You're the one jumping on the defensive so vehemently.

People prefer the S10e photo. The same photo that is, from a technical point of view, not as good as the pixel 4.

Never once did I say anyone was right or wrong, what part of that do you not get? I'm not the only one in the last few posts to same the same thing.

Soldato
I can see it happening already:

A: "I think this photo looks really nice, I like it personally"
B: "Yeah but technically the other one you liked is the better picture"
A: "Oh okay I will delete the one that looks nice to me and go with the other one, I will tell people it's technically better"

Associate
I think it basically boils down to colour?

People tend to prefer strong, vivid images whether or not they're 'realistic' or 'True to life'

You see it with the S10 display too. The natural display profile is the correct profile and is calibrated for the screen, but, people aren't happy with that because they say the display looks 'Washed Out'

Associate
Apologies if this has already been asked however can anyone recommend a good screen protector, tried 2 so far, one glass which was ok but stop the finger print scanner from working, and the other a film which although applied with no bubbles won't adhere to the curved edges!

Back
Top Bottom