**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Soldato
With a full charge I get 3-4 hours SoT with general browsing and some light gaming and an hour or so background music.

About the same as i got with my 3T which I suppose given the size of the battery in the s10e isn't terrible I just expected more.

Three cashback has now confirmed though which is good, only took a couple of months :)

Soldato
Should be closer to 5 hours plus that rest are getting especially seeing how WiFi battery performance is almost double. I was getting close to 6 hours on Xperia 1 with not much better capacity and far larger 6.5" 4k screen while this gives me 3.5 hours.

Basically if I don't top it up during the day the phone dies by early evening. If it wasn't so cheap I'd probably be really upset but doesn't bode well for me keeping the handset for a long time.

Associate
I think if they maintain having a smaller phone in the S11 and future lineups I may stay with Samsung.. handling my old OP3 it just seems unwieldy now to be honest and the UX is much better than the older galaxy models I had which led me to discount them when choosing a new phone!

Soldato
Funnily enough a friend of mine has S10+ and always had great battery with EE but after recently switching to O2 is saying he can barely get 5 hours SoT before 5% warning, whereas on EE he was getting close to 7.

There's clearly something in the chip that just either doesn't like some bands that certain network providers use or doesn't like weak signals. Although I get similar battery life if I'm in the area with weak or strong signal.

Associate
Funnily enough a friend of mine has S10+ and always had great battery with EE but after recently switching to O2 is saying he can barely get 5 hours SoT before 5% warning, whereas on EE he was getting close to 7.

There's clearly something in the chip that just either doesn't like some bands that certain network providers use or doesn't like weak signals. Although I get similar battery life if I'm in the area with weak or strong signal.

Probably down to signal strength. I'm on Vodafone and I've said before that one site I work on the signal is variable to weak. On that site battery depleats far faster than other sites where signal is strong.

Soldato
Probably down to signal strength. I'm on Vodafone and I've said before that one site I work on the signal is variable to weak. On that site battery depleats far faster than other sites where signal is strong.

I've been up and down the country with places that had good signal and still have same problems.

My friend also had poor signal at home and work with EE but battery held up better than on O2.

Associate
So for some reason, after updating, my galaxy watch no longer connects to 4g. Rang EE and they've got no idea even after going through all the troubleshooting.

Bit annoying but I can manage without.

Other than that, update looks good. Not many big changes but I like the new gestures. New animations are meh, I'll probably go in to dev options and speed them up. Tested out the screen recorder and quality seems great until you convert it to gif, not sure why.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Anyone noticed low light 4K video has improved quite a bit since the last Pie update? I recall night videos being blocky due to noise in shadow areas but this has virtually vanished now and we have crisp video quality.

I can only imagine what the S11 is going to be like given we already know Samsung has a director mode in the camera app so are gearing it for making cinematic movies...

Last edited:

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
Anybody having issues with Google pay since update? Paid in the morning using my default nationwide card updated lunchtime and haven't been able to use since? Tried removing and readding the card which goes through fine but when I tap to pay it tells me this card isn't supported for Google pay.

Back
Top Bottom