PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Soldato
Does anyone know if this platform supports cloud saves? A out to take my PC down and build my new one. Not that far in any one game but wouldnt want to restart forza for example.

Thanks

Caporegime
OP
Does anyone know if this platform supports cloud saves? A out to take my PC down and build my new one. Not that far in any one game but wouldnt want to restart forza for example.

Thanks

You can find this information in the Xbox app. On a game's page, under Capabilities. "Xbox Live cloud saves" is what you're looking for. For example, Metro Exodus says it, Rage 2 doesn't.

Associate
You would have to define what you personally consider worthwhile, but ...

The Outer Worlds
Rage 2
Middle Earth : Shadow of War
Dead by Daylight
Forza Horizon 4
Astroneer
Sea of Thieves
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Metro Exodus
State of Decay 2
Dishonoured 2
Dead Cells
Kingdom Come Deliverence
Hellblade: Senua Sacrifice

And soon, Phoenix Point and the new MS Flight Simulator

All immediately come to mind.
I guess theres a few games I'd like to try out. Wasn't rage 2 released recently? Couldn't hurt to knock it out

Thanks for the tip.

Xbox live ultimate until dec 2022 for £120, not a bad deal
Where did you get this deal from? If there are new games coming to the service, paying £40 a year doesn't seem like too bad of a deal

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Where did you get this deal from? If there are new games coming to the service, paying £40 a year doesn't seem like too bad of a deal

Find a cheap source for Xbox Live Gold membership. Buy and redeem up to three years. Then take out a Game Pass trial. You'll be offered the opportunity to upgrade your current subscription for £1.

If you bought 3x 12 month codes off CDKeys, with the 2% discount code, it would cost you less than £120. If you already have a subscription running, it may be better to buy a different combination of codes as you lose anything that takes your subscription beyond three years.

There are other methods that potentially give you the pass even cheaper. But this is the simplest one.

Associate
Find a cheap source for Xbox Live Gold membership. Buy and redeem up to three years. Then take out a Game Pass trial. You'll be offered the opportunity to upgrade your current subscription for £1.

If you bought 3x 12 month codes off CDKeys, with the 2% discount code, it would cost you less than £120. If you already have a subscription running, it may be better to buy a different combination of codes as you lose anything that takes your subscription beyond three years.

There are other methods that potentially give you the pass even cheaper. But this is the simplest one.
Damn this is too big brain for me to comprehend. I'm gonna look into this regardless. Thanks!

Soldato
ok just got a new motherboard and processor and i done a new install of windows 10.

i installed the xbox app again and it is signed in but no games listed and if i select a different drive as default it tells me it will delete the sotred apps from a different device then it throws me up error code
0x80070005.

not sure what im doing wrong :( , so tired got my pc built earlier then done dads with my old parts im so knackered lol

Soldato
ok just got a new motherboard and processor and i done a new install of windows 10.

i installed the xbox app again and it is signed in but no games listed and if i select a different drive as default it tells me it will delete the sotred apps from a different device then it throws me up error code
0x80070005.

not sure what im doing wrong :( , so tired got my pc built earlier then done dads with my old parts im so knackered lol
Win 10 needs to be the latest version with all updates installed for the XGP app to work. So if you just reinstalled Win10 you need to update it to build 1909 I think then go to the Windows Store & update all the apps on there. It needs the very latest or close to it then it works just fine.

Soldato
Win 10 needs to be the latest version with all updates installed for the XGP app to work. So if you just reinstalled Win10 you need to update it to build 1909 I think then go to the Windows Store & update all the apps on there. It needs the very latest or close to it then it works just fine.

thanks for trying to help but it was not that, i could install games and stuff on other drives but i had a locked out folder on 1 single harddrive, the winapps one with over 400 gig of data and i couldnt get rid of it or use it.

ended up having to claim permission to access it and some faffing about later and some use of safe mode i got rid of it and i can now use my biggest drive for game pass again, such a pain in the ass lol

i suspected game pass wouldnt allow me to install anything to that drive because of a prexisting winapps folder from my old windows install, as soon as i got rid of it i could select that drive with no problems.

this is what led me on the right track, a few posts down u get the reclaim ownership of a folder/file etc

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...amefiles/69da5255-4b05-4805-8e69-4e770f413efa

just dropping this here for any one that needs it in the future :)

Last edited:
Associate
Any one else have problem with phoenix point just kinda freezing where you cant click anything? Cant get to the options to fix it either with everything stuck behind gamepass. Very frustrating.
I had this yesterday and had to force close it, happened twice and not gone back to test yet.

Soldato
Just played the new dirt rally on the Xbox game pass ...

Is it me or is it very slow?

I've always been a pc gamer. Right from doom 1 and later when Colin McRae came out on windows 95 I was hooked on pc gaming.

But I've just had 20 mins on the new dirt and I'm shocked?!

It's either I'm to drunk, the Xbox pass slows games down as it's really a console port or worst fear is that console, is just really crap?

Or is it that the new dirt is crap as well as above?

Soldato
Just played the new dirt rally on the Xbox game pass ...

Is it me or is it very slow?

I've always been a pc gamer. Right from doom 1 and later when Colin McRae came out on windows 95 I was hooked on pc gaming.

But I've just had 20 mins on the new dirt and I'm shocked?!

It's either I'm to drunk, the Xbox pass slows games down as it's really a console port or worst fear is that console, is just really crap?

Or is it that the new dirt is crap as well as above?
Dirt rally is a simulator and the best rally game ever. You should also impulse buy a steering wheel before you sober up.

Back
Top Bottom