Red Dead Redemption 2

Associate
I've found it a few times I've got off my horse having my repeater and shotgun/rifle equipped to having nothing, and entering missions with just pistols as well. It's a real pain in the backside.

A few niggles for me have been committing crime even while wearing a mask and then having a bounty put on me, or the mask being worn before a cutscene only for it to disappear after and not noticing until you're wanted :(

Cant you go to gunsmith and choose weapons to holster each time you get off the horse? There is a custom option when you talk to the gunsmith and you can shoulder host weapons instead of always having to chose them from the menu system.

Soldato
Did anyone else find that their approach to NPC's changed
after chapter 5 and Arthur's prognosis?
I personally have stopped lassoing random people and throwing them to the crocs. I feel more inclined toward being a "good guy"

Soldato
Cant you go to gunsmith and choose weapons to holster each time you get off the horse? There is a custom option when you talk to the gunsmith and you can shoulder host weapons instead of always having to chose them from the menu system.

Yeah, as I said, I've tried that. Many, many times. I've double-checked I've got the right weapons equipped to the right slots in the gunsmith's customise screen, only for them to become unequipped at random times. Even when I then set them again whilst on my horse, it doesn't stick. It's maddening!

Soldato
Did anyone else find that their approach to NPC's changed
after chapter 5 and Arthur's prognosis?
I personally have stopped lassoing random people and throwing them to the crocs. I feel more inclined toward being a "good guy"

Tbh, Ive not got that far but I've been pretty nice all the way through, despite randomly killing witnesses :D

Yeah, as I said, I've tried that. Many, many times. I've double-checked I've got the right weapons equipped to the right slots in the gunsmith's customise screen, only for them to become unequipped at random times. Even when I then set them again whilst on my horse, it doesn't stick. It's maddening!

I've not even seen the option to do that

Soldato
Tbh, Ive not got that far but I've been pretty nice all the way through, despite randomly killing witnesses :D

I've not even seen the option to do that

When you're in a gunsmith, select customise instead of browse catalogue. Then you can equip weapons with the keys outlined in the bottom right when you scroll through your weapons.

It doesn't stick very long for me, though.

EDIT: Ah, beaten to it, I see!

Soldato
Had what I think might be my first AI balls-up last night. Riding with Dutch to a point where we needed to dismount from our horses. Only Dutch couldn't seem to get in the right position, so just rode round and round in never-ending circles. I tried charging him with my horse, standing in his way, blocking his path. It went on and on. As I was quite a way into a mission I didn't want to restart, but it took ages before I found a way to position my horse and Arthur so that he was forced out of his little spin and into the right spot to dismount.

This was actually quite impressive, in that it made me realise that I don't think I've had any significant aberrant behaviour from the AI up to now. Seriously impressive for almost 100 hours of gameplay. It was actually really jarring seeing an NPC act so oddly. Despite some annoyances I've had with some of the mechanics, there's been very little that's shattered the depth of immersion I've felt in the gameworld up to this point.

(Well, in the SP story anyway. Online, where half the horses in the world seem able to levitate at will, this kind of thing would stand out less... :))

Soldato
Had what I think might be my first AI balls-up last night. Riding with Dutch to a point where we needed to dismount from our horses. Only Dutch couldn't seem to get in the right position, so just rode round and round in never-ending circles. I tried charging him with my horse, standing in his way, blocking his path. It went on and on. As I was quite a way into a mission I didn't want to restart, but it took ages before I found a way to position my horse and Arthur so that he was forced out of his little spin and into the right spot to dismount.

This was actually quite impressive, in that it made me realise that I don't think I've had any significant aberrant behaviour from the AI up to now. Seriously impressive for almost 100 hours of gameplay. It was actually really jarring seeing an NPC act so oddly. Despite some annoyances I've had with some of the mechanics, there's been very little that's shattered the depth of immersion I've felt in the gameworld up to this point.

(Well, in the SP story anyway. Online, where half the horses in the world seem able to levitate at will, this kind of thing would stand out less... :))

I don't think I've had any issues with the AI, I had the mission with the house when you go in with dutch and he went in, doors closed and I couldn't get in as they wouldn't open, or he teleported through them, I was looting corpses :D

Honestly, I kind of wish I could just shoot Dutch and Micah in the head and leave them for the alligators to eat, I find them both so annoying to the point where after a mission last night in the city I did wonder whether it was Dutch stabbing the gang in the back.

Soldato
I don't think I've had any issues with the AI, I had the mission with the house when you go in with dutch and he went in, doors closed and I couldn't get in as they wouldn't open, or he teleported through them, I was looting corpses :D

Honestly, I kind of wish I could just shoot Dutch and Micah in the head and leave them for the alligators to eat, I find them both so annoying to the point where after a mission last night in the city I did wonder whether it was Dutch stabbing the gang in the back.

Ah yeah, I've had issues with my compulsive corpse-looting too! It also leads to me getting separated from my posse online. Apparently, not everyone feels the obsessive need to loot every dead body in the area!

I know what you mean about those two, as well.

In the gang, I do like Hosea, Sadie, John, Charles, Susan and of course Lneny... ynneL... Lemnie... ah you know who I mean! :)

Bill, Dutch, and especially Micah are total *****, though!

Soldato
small issue, a job went wrong and I ended in a new area, just as I was waking up the game crashed.

Now, it loads to menu, story > load > and I just get endless images popping up. Left it for 30 mins but no joy.

Just verifying the files now through Epic and then I'll try safe mode but other than that, any suggestions? I can't say I've noticed a way of loading previous auto-saves

Associate

This is one of the things I like most about the game
The NPC interactions are very good with very few bugs.
Not sure. Mine hasn't died often enough for me to find out. I used revive on someone else horse once.

I lost my first horse like this.

Parked it at a station but on the wrong side of the fence.

I just shot a guy on the road and stole his horse.

This then became my "main" horse.

Ah yeah, I've had issues with my compulsive corpse-looting too! It also leads to me getting separated from my posse online. Apparently, not everyone feels the obsessive need to loot every dead body in the area!

I know what you mean about those two, as well.

In the gang, I do like Hosea, Sadie, John, Charles, Susan and of course Lneny... ynneL... Lemnie... ah you know who I mean! :)

Bill, Dutch, and especially Micah are total *****, though!

Do you ever find anything worthwhile?
Most people only seem to carry $1-5 or so. I don't think it's worth the trouble.

Ree

Ree

Associate
yeah early on in the game those buckles etc really help but must admit my ocd kicks in and i always loot every single corpse when i can.

Soldato
Great game, still on chapter 3 but one thing annoying me is the gun slots - it seems like every time I get off my horse all my guns have been magically unequipped except for pistol, what am I missing? Why does it keep doing this no matter how many times I have previously selected guns?

Back
Top Bottom