Some interesting/horrific facts about the Nazi party to impress my Father over dinner?

G0G

G0G

Associate
A bit off topic & apologies but I bet yr Dad has never heard of “Operation Unthinkable” by the allies.

Not one of Winnie’s best moments & arguably a catalyst for the Cold War.

Permabanned
Just think on how much longer it would have taken for Stalins victims to walk past.

With allies like that who needs enemies!

:/

It would have been higher Stalin was planning to do the same thing to Russian Jews as Hitler did. The camps in Siberia were being built again but Stalin died before the orders. How many Million more would he of added to his tally this was at the end of his life as well where he should have been mellowing but..

The dual nationality thing that exists with Jewry or the Jew- Jew relationships that exist inside states fundamentally went against and still do go against matters of national security. Think Jared Kushner and Ivanka and Israel to get an idea. There is no way either totalarian state was going to allow Jews to exist there it was always a matter of time. What you do learn from hundreds of hours of Nazi and Stalin videos though is Hitler started out a purer and better man. Stalin started out as a street thug and killer who simply continued the trend into his old age. His youth was spent as a gun toting extorionist and the other wanted to attend art school... Pretty crazy how Stalin ended up as the main Ally...

Soldato
Adolf apparently knew how to serve Eva a nice cup of tea?

eva.jpg

I don’t think that’s Eva. Just sayin.

Soldato
The dual nationality thing that exists with Jewry or the Jew- Jew relationships that exist inside states fundamentally went against and still do go against matters of national security.

This was much the same issue that the US government had with Japanese Americans in WW2

Whilst the internment of Japanese Americans is now seen in our PC world as having been a wrong thing to do. I can really see their point at the time. Many, most even, Japanese Americans at the time saw themselves as Japanese as well as American. rather than simply as Japanese Americans. obviously how Japanese Americans might respond to a stae of war beteen Japan and the US was a matter of serious concern.

Western countries today have a similar "Mixed Loyalty" issue regarding Muslim minority populations. But the decision has been made to tolerate a certain degree of domestic terrorisim in exchange for not being seen to be acting in an unfair or discriminatory manner. Even up to the extent of allowing former citizens who went to join ISIS etc leave to return. (Which is bonkers really)

Man of Honour
A bit off topic but when my elder son married his German girlfriend in 1987 my father had a conversation with the bride’s father, ably assisted by the bilingual bride’s interpretation.
It turned out that at the same time that my father was in Bayeux, Normandy in 1944 with the Royal Tank Regiment, the bride’s father was operating some 35-40 kms away, around Caen, in the Waffen-SS.
Rolf, my son’s father-in-law, said, “It was fortunate that we never met during the war, or there may not have been a wedding!”

Soldato
The once had a plan to kidnap the pope

The Nazi's worked with Rasputin to try and raise a demon from the depths of hell and that would destroy the world.

They used a babies face in some propaganda but she was actually Jewish

Hitler didn't actually have a moustache, just a bad addiction of sniffing boot polish.

One of their top paranormal investigators received negative side effects while trying to become a super-soldier.

They had giant robots and robot dogs.

Soldato
While Werner Von Braun gets a lot of credit for NASA rocket design, what doesn’t get mentioned much is the importance of the data gained from the SS medical division’s experiments on death camp inmates. Mainly because the test subjects weren’t at all willing and usually died during the experiments.

Yep, we know a lot about what the human body is able to withstand and tolerate due to these experiments. One example is our understanding of hypothermia and how to effectively bring someone back from a hypothermic state.

Think of the poor ******** and what they were subjected to in order to obtain enough usable data for that information to be collected. :(

am i right in thinking the Treaty of Versailles made the German people feel screwed over and helped Hitlers rise to power? question not a statement

The Treaty of Versailles at the end of WW1 certainly played a part in WW2.

Man of Honour
am i right in thinking the Treaty of Versailles made the German people feel screwed over and helped Hitlers rise to power ? question not a statement

It was part of it. There's some argument about how badly it actually screwed Germany over, but it definitely made many Germans feel screwed over and the Nazis made extensive use of it for propaganda purposes. If you wanted to go back in time to prevent WW2, changing the Treaty of Versailles is arguably the best way to do it. Not that you could, since the winners barely managed to agree on it as it was and almost certainly wouldn't have agreed on anything else.

Back
Top Bottom