LG c9 OLED

Soldato
They aren't close to walls and sofa isn't close to rear wall. The room is set primary home cinema with other considerations coming in as second but I wouldn't want it to look like foam panels all round either

Awesome. Sounds good. I just wanted to point this out .It took me years before I realised this. People constantly chasing the dragon w.r.t. hifi sound. Stop!, some inexpensive room treatment, even just moving furniture can provide an upgrade that no amount of Kit upgrade can ever achieve.

Soldato
Awesome. Sounds good. I just wanted to point this out .It took me years before I realised this. People constantly chasing the dragon w.r.t. hifi sound. Stop!, some inexpensive room treatment, even just moving furniture can provide an upgrade that no amount of Kit upgrade can ever achieve.
The problem is i (like most others i suspect), have to compromise, in my case its a living room and we have kids and quite frankly the way our room is if i moved the sofa forwards it would look ****. Not to mention im using bookshelf speakers (attached to the wall) for the rear so they would look stupid on a long arm (again a compromise with kids, they are too high but aesthetics need considering). I agree with the room though, its amazing even in somewhere like a bedroom, just taking curtains down or having no bed in there changes the sound of the room massively. The other thing is that IMO sound is very much like snake oil, reading through some of these magazines confirms that, ooh look at this super dooper kettle lead, or look at these expensive cables.

Soldato
The problem is i (like most others i suspect), have to compromise, in my case its a living room and we have kids and quite frankly the way our room is if i moved the sofa forwards it would look ****. Not to mention im using bookshelf speakers (attached to the wall) for the rear so they would look stupid on a long arm (again a compromise with kids, they are too high but aesthetics need considering). I agree with the room though, its amazing even in somewhere like a bedroom, just taking curtains down or having no bed in there changes the sound of the room massively. The other thing is that IMO sound is very much like snake oil, reading through some of these magazines confirms that, ooh look at this super dooper kettle lead, or look at these expensive cables.

I know . The point is buying ‘thousands’ worth of hifi wont help your sound quality if you don’t have basics right like pull your speakers out from the wall. Etc.

Associate
Does it have a Now TV app, and if so has anyone used it? I ask because I have my Now TV running from their little white box, and im also signed in to the app on my parents Panny tv. I subscribe to films and entertainment. My box shows the entertainment (basically sky tv shows) and films, whereas the app on the Panasonic tv only shows films, theres no way to access the tv section that I subscribe to. While looking at tvs ive had to keep an eye on hdmi inputs because unless the apps show me everything I subscribe to, ill need to reserve an input for the now tv box.

Soldato
I use the Now TV app for Sky Sports, seems to present the menu for various live stuff under Entertainment and Movies too (though I don't use these via NowTV), along with letting me search the On Demand catalogue.

Soldato
Anyone having problems playing BT Sport through the web browser? Its had been working perfectly and played the enhanced streams flawlessly but fired up today and getting the "this browser isn't supported". Not sure if this the 4.71.05 update as I'm not sure when that installed but it definitely isn't working and I need it to work. Can't get airplay to work either. Just hangs and then gives an error. Both from my iPhone and iPad Pro.

Associate
Air play, the worlds most annoying feature, now I can't avoid the endless stream of garbage the missus wants to show me on her iPad as she just flings it on the TV, I should never have tested it with her in the room.......Arrrrgh :D

Back
Top Bottom