LG c9 OLED

Soldato
Ill bet most people dont plan to upgrade their tv every couple of years. And if they do then it doesnt matter what tv they buy now . And spending all that money on sound is crazy. All you need is a pair of bookshelves and an amp. You can buy that new for like £100. This is better than ANY tv sound system.

Soldato
Ill bet most people dont plan to upgrade their tv every couple of years. And if they do then it doesnt matter what tv they buy now . And spending all that money on sound is crazy. All you need is a pair of bookshelves and an amp. You can buy that new for like £100. This is better than ANY tv sound system.

I spent far more than 50/50 split on audio. For one thing a TV is one item but for audio it's lots of items. in my experience avrs are crap. Even flagship ones have low power with all channels driven. I've spent thousands on the audio system.

Tried mocking jay.on the TV distorting again I think only solution is limit the low end remove mid and bass totally divert to sub. Or just buy a sound system.

Soldato
I have the TV and a sound bar albeit a pretty decent one and I’m more than happy using either depending what I’m doing. I use a pair of homepods for my music which is more than enough for me.

Soldato
Is the LG C9 still the TV of choice?

I'm still on 1080p at the minute but would love an upgrade. Main use is TV Amazon Prime so access to 4k and console gaming.

Soldato
I spent far more than 50/50 split on audio. For one thing a TV is one item but for audio it's lots of items. in my experience avrs are crap. Even flagship ones have low power with all channels driven. I've spent thousands on the audio system.

Tried mocking jay.on the TV distorting again I think only solution is limit the low end remove mid and bass totally divert to sub. Or just buy a sound system.
How are you managing to max out the power on an AVR system? Even at 70W per channel you must be watching it at deafening levels. Just doing some quick calcs, if you had some 80db speakers, and sat 3 metres away, you'd need to be listing at almost 90db to max out the AVR. I realise that its not 70W for every single channel on an AVR, but the front 3 are the most power hungry, not much goes to rears/atmos.

Soldato
Be the sort of thing id get from Costco of they have it in. Otherwise Richer Sounds.

The prices seem to have gone up a fair bit now I imagine it’s because the C10 is due out soon and sales have ended. Hopefully the C9 will come back down again in another sale or when the C10 releases.

Associate
I have been pretty happy with the audio using built in apps, PS4 and freeview, yesterday I got Sky Q and have to say the audio from that is pants, I have to have the audio cranked to 40 instead of 10, perhaps that is the difference some people are experiencing, what ever they have plugged in is weak like Sky.

Soldato
I had SkyQ installed a couple of days back too and agree the audio from it is awful the volume is all over the place and you have to turn it up and then you change the channel and it’s blaring loud... I much prefer Virgin tbh but the sky was free so can’t complain too much...

Soldato
Might wait for the C10 then.

Not much real difference from the C9 to C10 but hopefully the release of the C10 will bring down the C9 prices again and you hopefully will get a good deal.

It seems LG are following Apple with yearly launches with not a great deal to add other than very high launch prices.

Back
Top Bottom