• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Red Dead Redemption 2, GPU Benchmark, What You'll Need To Play!

Associate
Yeah not the most demanding games. Could be why they stopped support. It's a shame it's dying. Especially when 4k can't always be maxed out.
Yep I can see the logic of not bothering if single GPUs can max out all games on 4K ultra but as none can you'd imagine it would be better supported. The onus is on developers in Direct X12 and Vulkan rather than on drivers as it used to be and as studios don't sell graphics cards a lot can't be bothered. Also Nvidia were certainly slow and seemingly reluctant if it was an AMD sponsored title.

Soldato
Yep I can see the logic of not bothering if single GPUs can max out all games on 4K ultra but as none can you'd imagine it would be better supported. The onus is on developers in Direct X12 and Vulkan rather than on drivers as it used to be and as studios don't sell graphics cards a lot can't be bothered. Also Nvidia were certainly slow and seemingly reluctant if it was an AMD sponsored title.

4k medium or 1080 ultra. They put extra settings in games to future proof them. So when you buy an old game for a discounted price, you can use these extra settings so the game still looks relevant.

They'll be plenty of people playing RDR2 in 5 years time and they'll be able to choose settings that we can only dream of at release.

Games used to have loads of settings that weren't usable at release. It would be nice to have even higher settings above ultra in my opinion. The problem is, people would get annoyed that they can't be used at release.

Associate
4k medium or 1080 ultra. They put extra settings in games to future proof them. So when you buy an old game for a discounted price, you can use these extra settings so the game still looks relevant.

They'll be plenty of people playing RDR2 in 5 years time and they'll be able to choose settings that we can only dream of at release.

Games used to have loads of settings that weren't usable at release. It would be nice to have even higher settings above ultra in my opinion. The problem is, people would get annoyed that they can't be used at release.
Yeah I agree, there are few things better than revisiting an old game with a new PC/graphics card. I still play GTA 5 and play Arma 3 (2013) 4K with 16xSSAA SLI and both look amazing and have excellent fps although still can't max GTA 5 with 8xMSAA yet as 1080ti SLI isn't a big enough jump from 295x2 Quadfire or 980ti SLI.

Back
Top Bottom