• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Red Dead Redemption 2, GPU Benchmark, What You'll Need To Play!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Benchmark wont even run for me, just exits back to the menu and does nothing... not too fussed though, I've upped a few settings so fps is lowest 60ish highest 90+. It is making me think about a new GPU though, shame I missed that firesale on rain forest yesterday, they had the MSI Seahawk 2080ti for £738!!!
It was tempting but I ignored it as I would much rather 3070 or 3080 soon :D

Associate
Ultra and high are almost indistinguishable. No point playing any game on ultra as the fps drop isn't worth it. Ultra is more for screenshots tbh

It's noticeable. It is 'worth it?'. Well, depends. If this was a fast multiplayer shooter, obviously no. However, the contemplative and almost meditative pace of this game at times (interspersed as it is by amusing bouts of action in the online mode) actually makes it pretty suitable to max out every slider if you can still get a satisfactory framerate (doable at 1440p, not at 4k). And as for the point, part of the reason to sub-ambient cool modded RTX Titans and Kingpins is to sit back and admire the best gaming aesthetic has to offer, every now and again. Not 'needed' but plenty of point.

Soldato
Doesn't like GPU oc had to lower core 20Mhz or got whole screen white and green flashes!

Can keep VRAM OC fine.

Played whole of outerworlds with max GPU core OC. Seems rdr2 demanding in different ways to GPUs. Here's hoping drivers and patching may help..

Soldato
That's what I'm thinking. It doesn't feel right having this CPU without an awesome GPU to match, but June isn't far away so 3080 or 3080ti (if it's not over 1k).

I have still got a R9 290 gpu and it runs all the games I play smoothly enough. So even though my gpu is holding my cpu up loads ([email protected]) why upgrade if games are running smooth and more so if you havent much dosh?

Associate
I have still got a R9 290 gpu and it runs all the games I play smoothly enough. So even though my gpu is holding my cpu up loads ([email protected]) why upgrade if games are running smooth and more so if you havent much dosh?

Red dead 2 is my worst running game, it dips to 60ish fps in places which to me feels like a slide show.
I never said I don't have any money either, not sure where you get that from. I'm more bothered about not being bent over when it comes ti getting some modicum of value.

Soldato
Red dead 2 is my worst running game, it dips to 60ish fps in places which to me feels like a slide show.
I never said I don't have any money either, not sure where you get that from. I'm more bothered about not being bent over when it comes ti getting some modicum of value.

Sorry I ment I dont have much money, so if things run smooth enough set at mid-high detail, that will do for me.. I haven got Red dead 2 yet, but if it gets real juggery on a 1070ti, well I have no chance at running it at decent setting with my r9 290.

I keep on checking out the graphics cards and getting close to the checkout button, but na I havent been able to press it yet,, but when I do it will only be a mid range card like a RX 5700. So not perfect but it will be much better then I have now.

Associate
Sorry I ment I dont have much money, so if things run smooth enough set at mid-high detail, that will do for me.. I haven got Red dead 2 yet, but if it gets real juggery on a 1070ti, well I have no chance at running it at decent setting with my r9 290.

I keep on checking out the graphics cards and getting close to the checkout button, but na I havent been able to press it yet,, but when I do it will only be a mid range card like a RX 5700. So not perfect but it will be much better then I have now.

Those 290s are as fast as a 1060? Tbh I wouldn't bother with the current gen, new cards are just around the corner and I wouldn't touch the 5700xt or any of the navi cards currently.

Associate

Min 55.45
Max 101.45
Average 70.59

Slightly miffed Stooeh gets more but nvm:) Better put SLI back on!

That's better with SLI it's :
Min 54.5
Max 183
Average 113

Last edited:
Soldato
It's GPU limited, done, next question.

A 9900k at four cores stock speeds no boost the game is still GPU limited.

Becaaaause it was designed for consoles.

Btw 1.25 render scale looks lovely but eats into my FPS too much.

Back
Top Bottom